Press manipulation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiberon, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Tiberon

Tiberon Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I love how easy the media is controlled in this country. America has such a terrible memory that what happens one day will be forgotten the next.

But here we have a pres that leaks a name of a CIA agent for boosting moral for war, then says he declassified the leak. Something fishy right?

Lets get of that story by showing that Iran has enriched a little uranium and ride that pony till the sun goes down. That will turn the light down on the leak.

I just think its funny that everyone gets worked up over a country that has been secretly trying to build nukes for much longer than that crazy fucker runnin Iran...but its a perfect story to shift the spotlight of bush and rumsfeld.
    If I can see it....why doesnt the press?
    This seems to happen quite often with this admin.
    Rove is a genious....i gotta hand it to him.

2. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

i agree with everything you said except I am not gonna hand Carl Rove ANYTHING, but a lit stick o' dynamite.

just hoping that the dems can get the "power" in the opcoming elections and we can subpoena some of this shit they have been covering up.

3. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

You know what I hate tibs?

Fox

&

CNN

The media is obviously NOT liberal. I hate motherfuckers that say that shit. Rupert Murdoch owns the entire god damn planet. Or pretty fuckin close to it. him and FOX are god damn republican assholes. Conservative Television. Bullshit watered down shit that only bushies should watch for the only "positive" approach to Iraq. Fuck that.

CNN is more liberal but is a festering shithole. Nobody trusts CNN. With good reason.

Anyone remember this famous quote? "And CNN has just confirmed that Al Gore has won the state of florida, repeat, Al Gore is the next President of The United States."

you fuckin nitwits.

Anyhow, american media is bullshit. you have to use 300,000 sources to draw your own conclusion anymore. Used to be able to from a local paper and some TV and you had the entire story covered. Now, with the high speed dynamics of news and the competition, its become a really innacurate shithole of only negative domestic affairs, and positive foreign affairs.

I hate fox when they say shit like "Did john kerry break the law?"

they ask the question like they want you to decide. They already have their minds made up for you, and have yours made up for them.

4. fishman

fishman Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I listen to air america sometimes. They are most definately liberal as I am. But I can't stand some of there hosts. They sound like liberal O'Reillys. Jerry Springer is on there and believe it or not is the best host they have. I watch a channel called worldlink. They have very good independent new shows. Dish network and Directtv both carry worldlink. Channel 375 on direct.

5. BudBear

BudBear Germinated

try watching the BBC - not owned, or government funded

6. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

I dont like the way they talk. lol j/k

7. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

The BBc is left wing as you can get, who you shitting bubby? Like Ags said, you need to check many sources in order to come up with a half truth nowadays. Wa you've got it all wrong bro. We need to vote in anything but republicans,and democrats.

8. fishman

sfc in America the only choice we have is the lesser of two evils.

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

There is a third choice...'Independant'

If only people would stop thinking that a vote for an Independant is a wasted vote. How many elections have been 'wasted' on Dems and Repubs to date?

10. swamp cabbage

swamp cabbage New Sprout

vote libertarian,,, all down the board they are good for us who hate the war on drugs,,, they are all about the legalization of pot and smaller gov. with not so many social programs,,,, hell we give the other 2 a shot,, why not try this party i am voting libertarian right down the board,,,i say lets revolt too many bullshit rules,,,, just how fuckin free am i ,, i cant grow weed so i aint free....:confused:

11. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Well said Swamp cabbage. I will likely be voting libertarian myself.

12. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Since I turned 18 I've voted Libertarian. You've got my vote in 2008 :D

13. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

That is a waste of a vote. Such as in the green party....Ralph Nader is a fucking idiot plain and simple. You would trust this man with your life? Children? Nuclear Weapons? Govt? Law? No way.

I agree with fish again. Pick the lesser of two evils. Its all the same snake really. Just with more heads than one, they all bite.

14. swamp cabbage

swamp cabbage New Sprout

i couldnt agree with you more on that green party,,that is a wasted vote,,, but the shit the dems. and rep.,, have done over the last 14 yrs. is unexcusable,, its time to throw them all out,,the libertarian party is coming on strong,,,america used to laugh at there political stand,,,but i think a lot of people are coming around,,,to seeing the light,,,too many people in jail for a minor drug charge,,but doing a long sentance for it,,, and a child molester gets a slap on the wrist[ its a sickness not a crime],, my ass,,i just wish the ocean would receed a little,,, and create my own island,,,, where all pot smokers would be welcome,,,,hahahahahahah :eek:

15. noone

noone Full Flowering

im sure the dems and republicans are really happy with the myth

that voteing for the green party is a waste.

Fox news is evil. For that matter so is TV ;)

Being truely informed is a full time job. I hate to say that Im

less than fully informed. THis has me just vote democrat :\

I dont have time to look up every fact and even then , how do i know

I can trust _any_ source. Its pretty sad. But I will never vote for a republican.

noone

16. fishman

Actually I have much respect for Ralph Nader. I don't believe a vote for a third party is a waste because the more that vote the more success that party has the next time-like the snowball effect. But my main concern is getting rid of neo-cons. And unfortunatley that does mean voting Democrat. I'd rather it be Joe Biden than Rudy Guilianni or that fake fucker John McCain who for a repub I had more respect for than most. John McCain is a sell out.

17. Administrator

LOL.....And YOU trust the Dems and Repubs with YOUR life? :D Come on Agrow. I never mentioned Nader now that I recall. :p My vote was for Badnarack or however ya spell his friggin name. My point is I don't trust either of the two evils....I want evil OUT of my government..period. They're ALL men so what makes one more qualified to be in charge over another? They all make foolish mistakes and can be bought off. I'll tell you who I'd vote for...someone with intergrity and honor. Let's face it...nobody like that will ever be allowed to 'herd the sheep'. I'm just waiting for it all to go up in a puff of smoke and do my best to pick of the pieces around me. That's about the best we have to look forward to now....this train ain't gonna stop till it runs off it's tracks.

18. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

TOTALLY.

No, I know you didnt mention nader, but it seems like anyone who votes outside the two majority parties, renders their vote useless and voice unheard.

I want all evil out too! Herb, you make like 54 valid points in 3 sentences so I cant even begin to try and match you on that. I would never say you were wrong, just sayin, I feel the votes get wasted.

I definitely do NOT trust either dems or reps. But if I HAD to choose, I'm with noone and fish, lesser of two evils, NEVER republican. I'd consider voting independant if I knew they had a jews chance of living at auschwitz.

19. Administrator

It's not about right or wrong Agrow....fact is no matter WHO you vote for it's a wasted vote. I'm pretty convinced now that our elections are rigged. Who gets in office is already predetermined IMO.

20. TimmyTrees

TimmyTrees Begun Flowering

Just Vote

60% of Americans DO NOT VOTE, and it's an absolute atrocity.

We have no one but our own lazy selves to blame for the fact that our "two-party system will never be broken." No one goes to the goddamn polls!

Until people start exercising their RIGHT to vote instead of taking it for granted our political ways will never change...