GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Public Board > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
New Sprout

highteksoul likes being stoned in the corner
Default 150 watt hps with clones

I have 6 clones that are a week old. In one more week I will take them out of there box and put them in veg mode untill they are 10 inches high. I have a white widow strain. And am wondering how long it will take these babys to flower considering they are only small clones and not very big. Will it take 60 days like most plants? Also any sugggestions on how I should go about flowering these plants with a 150 w/hps

And how good of a quality of buds will I get with a 150w/hps

thankyou
The text and pictures posted by this user, highteksoul, are entirely fictional. All pictures of cannabis and cannabis cultivation have been obtained from a jurisdiction in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is entirely legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of this user, highteksoul

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Born To Grow

code green likes being stoned in the corner

first of all......flowering time depends on the strain and your preference......harvest early for the "high heady buzz" harvest later for the "couchlock body buzz" ...... trichome colour helps determine when to harvest. get a magnifying glass. If you know the strain of your plant, look it up to find the flowering time, that will give you a rough estimate.
150W hps is better than nothing.....it will not give you the densest buds or high yeild, but will get you there. I'd much rather try growing with a 150W HPS than buying weed..... Grow it man.....grow it.....

Try getting another 150W HPS, or maybe even invest in a 400W if you can.... very much worth it......
Old 04-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Veggy Stage

PuRpS McKeNzIe likes being stoned in the corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by highteksoul
I have 6 clones that are a week old. In one more week I will take them out of there box and put them in veg mode untill they are 10 inches high. I have a white widow strain. And am wondering how long it will take these babys to flower considering they are only small clones and not very big. Will it take 60 days like most plants? Also any sugggestions on how I should go about flowering these plants with a 150 w/hps

And how good of a quality of buds will I get with a 150w/hps

thankyou

I wouldnt veg with hps..u can but id use a blue spectrum of light for veg and hps is red spectrum of light. using hps in veg can lead to stretching of the plants and the internodes will be spread out much more..typically you use blue spectrum for veg and red spectrum fo bloom...I have a t5 florescent that I use for veg (with blue bulbs) then when you are ready to flower you switch the bulbs to the red ones ( i havent flowered with it yet..just veg) but thats how that works...i also use mh for veg and hps always for bloom

They can't understand how I bounce my head.... smokin on a blunt at a light thats red
Old 04-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Full Flowering

NUGZ  gives out some good pointers on growing

that is nonsense, you can veg with an HPS too, many growers use an HPS throughout their entire grow. it is not a bad thing to do. correct me if i'm wrong but it's not harmful.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Veggy Stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUGZ
that is nonsense, you can veg with an HPS too, many growers use an HPS throughout their entire grow. it is not a bad thing to do. correct me if i'm wrong but it's not harmful.
correct me if im wrong..but I never ever said it was HARMFUL..nor would I ever say that .....but what I did say is that ...."I wouldnt veg with hps..u can but id use a blue spectrum of light for veg and hps is red spectrum of light. using hps in veg can lead to stretching of the plants and the internodes will be spread out much more" that was copied from what I posted...you just don't have as close of internodes...ya if you don't got the $$$ to buy to different kind of lights like the people you may know u can veg with hps..but I would reccommend a HID blue spectrum of light to someone growing for quality and Quantity

They can't understand how I bounce my head.... smokin on a blunt at a light thats red
Old 04-01-2006, 04:37 PM
A Fat Sticky Bud

holdmeclosrtonydanza likes being stoned in the corner

I used HPS for vegging. Never hurt my plants. No stretching. I don't know what that dude is talking about.
You can use MH or HPS for both vegging and flowering. True, HPS is heavy on the red and orange spectrum; mimicking the autumn sun. And metal halides are heavier on the blue spectrum necessary for good vegetative growth, but HPS has sufficient blues for vegetative growth.
But I've heard people argue that MH is actually BETTER for flowering than HPS and they've posted results on a now-defunct messsage board. And I've heard the opposite argument and seen pics on the results.
HPS is suitable for vegetative growth; so is Metal Halide. It's nicer to have both, but not necessary. Either/or is good enough for both stages. I have both.
But if I could only have one HID, it'd be HPS. Why?
400w Metal Halide: 32,000 lumens
400w HPS: 70,000 lumens

Again, HPS and Metal Halide will do both jobs (flowering and vegetation).
Old 04-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Veggy Stage

I have done side by side comparisions of vegging with blue spectrum and red spectrum..the red or hps spectrum one grew taller and faster than the ones under the blue or mh spectrum...but the ones under the the blue spectrum were not far at all behind in height but they had much more branches and much closer internodes....at the end the plants vegged in blue spectrum were alittle bit shorter but alot more bushier than the ones vegged with hps..the blue spectrum got a overall higher yield as well

Old 04-01-2006, 04:49 PM
A Fat Sticky Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuRpS McKeNzIe
I have done side by side comparisions of vegging with blue spectrum and red spectrum..the red or hps spectrum one grew taller and faster than the ones under the blue or mh spectrum...but the ones under the the blue spectrum were not far at all behind in height but they had much more branches and much closer internodes....at the end the plants vegged in blue spectrum were alittle bit shorter but alot more bushier than the ones vegged with hps..the blue spectrum got a overall higher yield as well
I seriously believe you. I don't doubt this one bit.
Like I said, if I had a choice, I'd definitely veg with metal halide. But if I didn't have a choice, I'd still use a HPS.
I know indeed that a MH produces a bushier plant with closer internodes in the right conditions, but a HPS is better than a fluorescent. Far better.
So if I could only use one HID, it'd be HPS.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Excommunicated
| My GK Garden |

greenthumbdanny drowns their plants in PISS

Purps You need to stop giving out advice. Im talking pronto
Old 04-01-2006, 05:35 PM
A Fat Sticky Bud

I mean... I feel for a lot of guys. I got really lucky and I have HIDs coming out of my ass. I have too fucking many. I literally don't have enough space for all the lighting I've acquired in the past 2 weeks. I have 2,400 watts of light now, but I can't use more than 1,200.
But there was a time when it was a big deal to get my first HID. It was all speculation and I wasn't sure of the results, but I was pleasantly surprised. That HPS got me through 3 harvests alone and yeild was exceptional, given the genetics and my novice mistakes.
Guys that can afford only one HID, I'm going to suggest HPS. When you get the extra cash, go ahead and get the metal halide. It's not necessary, but I've found it to be quite a luxury.