GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Hydroponic Cultivation
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 04-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Germinated

Mallari likes being stoned in the corner
Question Growing a 1lb Plant

I'm moving in to my new house next month and I am going to start my next grow. I've done a lot of research about growing large plants hydroponically. My plan is to grow a 1lb plant or somewhere around there. I currently have a Turbo Grow Room from BGHydro which is 4'x8'x6'high has ducting, carbon filter, & exhaust fan(thinking about building a custom grow box for this grow) I also am using the MegaFarm hydroponic system(I havent used it yet) which is a 20gal growing chamber and a 20gal reservoir! LOTS of root space. Co2 bottle with injection kit and Co2 Monitor.

The only part I dont have is my lighting system. This is my first time ever growing a large plant so I'm not sure on how much watts I should use. Next month I'm purchasing my lighting, I was thinking about going with 2000watts. for a 5'-6' plant, most likely 5' because my grow room is only 6' high but I'm thinking about making it couple feet taller.

Would I be able to get away with 1000watts for about a 5ft plant?

Last edited by Mallari; 04-05-2006 at 12:17 AM.

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Begun Flowering
| My GK Garden |

ilove2tokes likes being stoned in the corner

that will probly be hard to light underneth branches if it is going to be a big plant maybe go 2 1k hps put the on either side tilted in a bit or get 1 1k hps for up top and some warm fluros on the sides just an idea .
Old 04-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Cuban Bee
| My GK Garden |

SMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THC

A pound from 1 plant indoors is going to be tough. You have more than enough room to grow more. why dont you? Depends on where you live but I dont think you'll get into more trouble by having 6 plants instead of 1. Plus HID's penetrate like 3' from the bulb. I think your better off gowing 6 - 2' plants than 1 - 5'. If you still want to do it , return that mega farm and build youself a DWC system. IMO

Last edited by SMARMY; 04-05-2006 at 06:06 AM. Reason: I was stoned
Old 04-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate
| My GK Garden |

Useless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

You could just drop in 2 600W bulbs, hang vertical with no reflector. One on each side of the plant. Watch your temps though.
"I desire knowledge by nature," the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, damn check out the colors man.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:25 AM
MEDI-GROWER
| My GK Garden |

UrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot desciple

You Can Get Great Yeild And Hight From A 250w Hps And Believe Me Its Not Really The Power In The Light Its How Many Plants Your Growing, I Personally(personally) Think Two 250w Hps Lamps At Either Side Will Give You What You The Closest To What You Want Without Breaking The Bank Or Going Overboard!
Old 04-05-2006, 10:54 AM
New Sprout

Stoked26 likes being stoned in the corner

umm sound like you'll have a nice setup wish mine was a Hydro
Old 04-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Germinated

Wink

I was looking at Foaf's 6ft indoor plant and its pretty impressive. After reading everyones input, now I'm thinking about returning the MegaFarm and going with the MultiFlow 12 pot system which I talked to a lot of people about and said it is a VERY good system(a little bigger than my last setup)Which I should be able harvest 1lb-2lb out of 12 3ft plants. I will be changing its 2gal growing pots to 3.5gal pots. The manufacturer suggests using 1000watts for every 12 pots. Would you suggest using more wattage?

Last edited by Mallari; 04-05-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Pothead Extraordinaire
| My GK Garden |

BlazeOne travels the world as a 'pot' consultantBlazeOne travels the world as a 'pot' consultantBlazeOne travels the world as a 'pot' consultantBlazeOne travels the world as a 'pot' consultantBlazeOne travels the world as a 'pot' consultantBlazeOne travels the world as a 'pot' consultant

i think that its possible i kno some1 who has about a 4foot wide 3 foot tall plant in a secret room in his basement he doesnt use hydro either but he does have a 2000watt light about 3 feet away on a small chair i bet he gets at least 14 o's outa that

DON'T GET JIVE WITH ME, TURKEY!

Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Germinated

Ya, I know its possible but its gonna take more light than I want to use. Most likely I'm gonna drop the idea of a 1lb plant and go with the MultiFlow 12 pot sysem(above) with a 1000watt light. I should be able to get almost 2lb off of 12 3ft plants.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Excommunicated
| My GK Garden |

greenthumbdanny drowns their plants in PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallari
I was looking at Foaf's 6ft indoor plant and its pretty impressive. After reading everyones input, now I'm thinking about returning the MegaFarm and going with the MultiFlow 12 pot system which I talked to a lot of people about and said it is a VERY good system(a little bigger than my last setup)Which I should be able harvest 1lb-2lb out of 12 3ft plants. I will be changing its 2gal growing pots to 3.5gal pots. The manufacturer suggests using 1000watts for every 12 pots. Would you suggest using more wattage?

Mall the system that you have posted is ok. The intentions of the creator for that particular system are in the right place ..Howerver I have modified that system so it works.. That system has no return and does not circulate the buckets and the controller is too small to controll all them buckets. I am a big fan of the bucket system and is the only way to go in my oppinion for big yield.
1000 watts for 12 plants is good only if you keep them small.. There should be no reason why you cant achieve 2 pounds.