GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Strains and Crosses
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 08-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Germinated

oceanistheultimatsolution likes being stoned in the corner
Default cold weather strains

i met this guy in switzerland who said they grew way up at high altitude in the mountains in cold weather. does anyone know of any strains anywhere that would grow in not extreme cold, but beat regular frosting during their lifetime?

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:26 PM
~Sea Of Green~

Location: R.I.P Buddy..I will carry you in my heart forever!! xoxo
Mermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THC

I have NEVER heard of such a thing.....first off plants bloom when they are in WARM/HOT weather......frost will kill a plant flowering.
I think he is pulling your leg on this one..... The only way I can see where they had success is if they were in cold temps(which would slow up the growth process) but also never subjected to frost conditions.

Peace~Jersey

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… :new_color_: :new_color_:
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good girls go to heaven.....RedHeads go anywhere they want!
Old 08-22-2006, 02:49 AM
MEDI-GROWER
| My GK Garden |

UrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot desciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
I have NEVER heard of such a thing.....first off plants bloom when they are in WARM/HOT weather......frost will kill a plant flowering.
I think he is pulling your leg on this one..... The only way I can see where they had success is if they were in cold temps(which would slow up the growth process) but also never subjected to frost conditions.

Peace~Jersey
SORRY!!!!, BUT PLANTS GROW , WHEREVER THEYVE ADAPTED TO NOT JUST IN WARMER CLIMATES EITHER, AND IVE HEARD THAT TOO MA MAN........
PEACE OUT!!!
UrBigBuddie........... :D
Old 08-22-2006, 04:13 AM
~Sea Of Green~

Mermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THCMermaid Sweats Pure THC

LOL ...well first off I am a girl but anywhos.....
I can see a plant adapting to colder climates.....but to actually flower in temps that produce frost and snow?? Then I wanna see a pic of this particular strain flowering in the cold with frost. :D

Peace~Jersey

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… :new_color_: :new_color_:
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Germinated

oceanistheultimatsolution likes being stoned in the corner

if i had one i would post it for ya, lady in the land of Kevin Smith. but i have never been to switzerland or seen one for that matter.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 PM
~Sea Of Green~

Hmmmm maybe I will google this as I am a "curious one" by nature! If it is true...pretty damn cool!

Peace ~JG

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
KING
| My GK Garden |

420 likes being stoned in the corner

well, there is a strain of cannabis rudarelis that naturally grows specifically on the east side of mt. taygetos in greece, that survives in 40-60 degree weather annually, they grow like dandelions on the side of the mountain ussually never exeeding a foot, and they turn purple late in life
producing one very dense top bud
there are many storys about medicine men, and psychic's who smoked these plants to hear the voices of a lost spirits.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

link420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I'm from Switzerland and I see plants grown in the Mountains all the time. They are usually grown in or near mountain towns, and not really up in the mountians, at these lower elevations it doesn't get too cold till early to mid-October, but higher up it would get cold sooner.

There is an outdoor strain called Stupersonic that is supposed to withstand really cold temps. Check last year's Pot Shots of mid to late September, and look for "Outdoor Backyard Grow", amazing stuff.

Stupersonic X Choc. Chunk by Danno
Old 08-23-2006, 05:10 PM
~Sea Of Green~

Thumbs up

Yah Link.....I know all about the "Chunk" and YUMMY is all I can say!! My best frd & grow buddy and I grew Choco Chunk indoors...never outdoors tho. Tho we did not have the supersonic....so you may be right.
Anywhos...pretty cool that there are strains that can withstand the cold temps. My bad...I thought he meant below freezing temps>>which is why I was inquiring.

Peace~Jersey

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Veggy Stage

Dr. Dra is swimming in a sea of greenDr. Dra is swimming in a sea of greenDr. Dra is swimming in a sea of green

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420
well, there is a strain of cannabis rudarelis that naturally grows specifically on the east side of mt. taygetos in greece, that survives in 40-60 degree weather annually, they grow like dandelions on the side of the mountain ussually never exeeding a foot, and they turn purple late in life
producing one very dense top bud
there are many storys about medicine men, and psychic's who smoked these plants to hear the voices of a lost spirits.
Isn't cannabis rudarelis like an extreme dirt weed that barely has any thc compared to sativa and Indica?