GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Germinated

leaf.eater likes being stoned in the corner
Question Leaves Pointing Upwards

Hi All,

A question:

What does it mean when your leaves point upwards instead of drooping down. I have some plants i have under fluorescant lights, and when i put them really close, the leaves point upwards. If i move them farther away, they droop down again.

Is it a bad sign of something when the leaves point up?

Thanks in advance

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:45 AM
MEDI-GROWER
| My GK Garden |

UrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot descipleUrBigBuddie is a pot desciple
Cool Not bad sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf.eater
Hi All,

A question:

What does it mean when your leaves point upwards instead of drooping down. I have some plants i have under fluorescant lights, and when i put them really close, the leaves point upwards. If i move them farther away, they droop down again.

Is it a bad sign of something when the leaves point up?

Thanks in advance
Its NOT a BAD sign, its just the Plant stretching to the lght, or the leaves trying to stretch upward, gathering energy from the lights for growing, and producing its new growth...That's all.......

Are your floro's up high above your plants??? iff so , lower them as close as you can to the TOP's of the Plant's.... and you'l NOT get anywhere as much stretching to the lights, as it will result in a long stretchy tall plant, with not much foliage on it either, so keep em as close as poss to the lights to prevent this happening.

But any of this, that is happening to your plants will NOT effect your plants in a dangerous way at all....

Peace Out,
UrBigBuddie..........

NUTRIENTS I PERSONALLY USE:
BIO-BIZZ
1: Bio-Bizz GROW
2: Bio-Bizz BLOOM
3: Bio-Biz Topmax
4: Bio-Bizz Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seeweed )

Great Prices(Lighting/All room Products ect ect.):www.aquaculture-hydroponics.co.uk
Great Seeds:www.sensiseeds.com www.drchronic.com www.greenhouseseeds.nl
Old 01-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Developed Alternating Nodes

Slugg has a few good things to say

This link has been a great guide for me. It has helped me to identify problems early on.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

Enjoy,
Slugg
the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and
then wonder how all those assholes got in there.
-Frank Zappa
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM
A Fat Sticky Bud

Jake makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummyJake makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummyJake makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummyJake makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummyJake makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummy

Quote:
Its NOT a BAD sign, its just the Plant stretching to the lght, or the leaves trying to stretch upward, gathering energy from the lights for growing, and producing its new growth...
And/or they are thirsty.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Germinated

leaf.eater likes being stoned in the corner

Jake, based on what your saying, it sounds like the leaves would point up if the plant was far from the light, and droop if it was close. Your saying that hte leaves are pointing upward to collect more light, but for me they point upward when they are very close to the light. Am I misunderstanding you?

My plants point up when they are 1 inch away from the light, and droop when they are 3 inches away.

Thanks for your input Jake, but I'm still confused.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
In the garden, you?

Bud Greenright smokes from a silver hookaBud Greenright smokes from a silver hookaBud Greenright smokes from a silver hookaBud Greenright smokes from a silver hookaBud Greenright smokes from a silver hookaBud Greenright smokes from a silver hookaBud Greenright smokes from a silver hooka

Are they getting enough water? What is the humidity in your CGE? What kind of floros are you using?
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Latae Sententiae Excommunication
| My GK Garden |

Mr. Wakenbake drowns their plants in PISS

well as long as you are getting healthy growth, then your plant is perfectly healthy... leaves pointing up= a good thing, droopy leaves = bad thing... keeping your light as close as possible is the best thing for your plants. Just keep the soil moist and they should be fine... and don't let the bulbs touch.

you are worrying over nothing
Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!

leaves up is how ya should keep em
Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Civilly disobedient/Mod

ResinRubber has disabled reputation

01-11-2007.......................:r offl:

"...Nobody ever died from marijuana that wasn't shot by a cop" Jack Herer

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

link420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortallink420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I'll have some what ever he's smokin