GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

CaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionally
Default Curing in plastic jars

I went to Wallyworld the other day to find those glass jars that have the sealed tops. You know the ones with the metal clips and they have the rubber seal. Anyways...they didnt have any glass ones, they only had plastic ones. I was wondering if they were okay for curing. I have 2 of them...ones about 10'' the others about 8''...I was only asking this because you can smell the bud through the plastic. Is that normal?...thanks!

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:41 PM
The Farmer

El Campesino has a few good grows under the beltEl Campesino has a few good grows under the belt

THE thing is that the bud will absorb some plastic smell....glass is better for everything from beer to bongs.

I won't drink a coca cola unless it's from a glass bottle or fountain

I score mine at the dollar store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg december2006 071.jpg (75.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by El Campesino; 01-26-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Latae Sententiae Excommunication
| My GK Garden |

Mr. Wakenbake drowns their plants in PISS

mason jars can be found at wal mart in many sizes and they come in a case.. also Big Lots has them too.. they come in cases of 12 and are cheap... glass is best for curing...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Custom User Title
| My GK Garden |

AlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I got these jars at Ikea:

You can get this type (Like Wakenbake just mentioned) at Target I've also seen them at Walgreens. They are the canning jars with the 2-part lids:

Also, you can use Spaghetti Sauce jars. Just make sure you clean them really well.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Developed Alternating Nodes

natemic likes being stoned in the corner

ive got a bunch of mason/canning jars as well, which is what i intend to use, that or some old pasta sauce jars that were cleaned out in the dishwasher (these still have a little rubber seal at the top when they screw in like the mason jars
Old 01-26-2007, 03:34 PM
labor smoke'n lumberjack

skunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THC

Yeah i would only use glass i've tried using those pop top kind like alien bate showed but i swear those things aren't completely air tight. Also plastic isn't really a sealed enviroment things can slowly leak in and out, its kind of hard to see possible just as it is that glass isn't a solid state but a supercooled liquid state of silica just gotta trust me or do some research.

Oh and I found Jesus! He was hiding behind the sofa the whole time!

OG breeding FAQs
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35076

Strain Lineage List
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33084

Chop the tree, smoke the tree!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Custom User Title
| My GK Garden |

AlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunky
Yeah i would only use glass i've tried using those pop top kind like alien bate showed but i swear those things aren't completely air tight. .
Hey Skunky, The ones I have are glass and they are air-tight. I tested it by putting hot water in it and let it cool which created a vacuum. A week later I opened it and you could hear the "whoosh" sound as the air rushed in. Also, there is absolutely no smell when it is sealed up.

Now, those two little ones on the right side of the picture are NOT air-tight. They did not pass my test. In fact, when I had the water in one of them and turned it upside down, the water leaked.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

marymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciple

mason jars are also available at grocery stores. just look in the "canning" section, near the foil, freezer bags, etc.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Custom User Title
| My GK Garden |

OOPS....I need to make a correction: I bought those over a year ago and when I got them they were not air-tight. I had to double up the rubber gasket around the lid to make them air-tight. I forgot that I did that.

I am sorry for any confusion or trouble I may have caused.

Mary, the supermarket I go to only seems to have those mason jars in the fall and winter. Last summer I was looking for them and they told me to come back in October. BUT they should be there now.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
labor smoke'n lumberjack

skunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THCskunky Sweats Pure THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBait
OOPS....I need to make a correction: I bought those over a year ago and when I got them they were not air-tight. I had to double up the rubber gasket around the lid to make them air-tight. I forgot that I did that.

I am sorry for any confusion or trouble I may have caused.

Mary, the supermarket I go to only seems to have those mason jars in the fall and winter. Last summer I was looking for them and they told me to come back in October. BUT they should be there now.
ok cool cause i was wondering, i knew there was something going on and before i saw thise second follow up post i was just thinking possibly they are old or something. yeah i think the mason jars work the best.

Oh and I found Jesus! He was hiding behind the sofa the whole time!

OG breeding FAQs
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35076

Strain Lineage List
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33084

Chop the tree, smoke the tree!