Gen.Hydro and Fox Farms Nute Users

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by krondikebar, May 31, 2007.

1. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

I have only grown using "my buckets" the method is DWC. I used the GH 3 part mix (gro,micro,bloom) for my first 6-7 grows. After I used up all those nutes, i decided to try Fox Farms (gro-big, Big-bloom, and Tiger-bloom)

Sadly, I didnt finish the grow with the fox farms products. So i was wondering if I could get some feedback From all of you who have used these 2 types of nutrients, in hopes of finding the best one. Im sure there are people who have talked about this before, but I would like the weigh the good and the bad of each.

Did you have better tasting bud because of the organic FF?
    Did you have bigger/smaller buds using one or the other?
    Did you have any problems using one or the other?

I appreciate any and all comments, questions, and suggestions.
    Thanks, Krondikebar

2. krondikebar

Oh yea, I liked using the GH 3 part mix, after the first couple of weeks of using them, I had it down perfect with very little problems.

When i was using the FF nutes I had a lot of trouble controlling my PH. (it would always rise, even if i added PH down and let it sit for HOURS) But I never had any "burn" from the FF nutes, where I experienced a little bit of burn from the GH.

3. juniorman8

juniorman8 Say it with me... Ahhhhhh

Both good products

I used the GH when I first started growing and had good results. I'm on my sixth grow with FF and I love the results. IMO no real taste diff between the two, but my FF buds are larger and denser. I still use the GH floraGro for veg and then use the FF nutes for flowering. I'm using the three part granuals this time also. I did have a little prob with the pH when I first switched to FF, but after getting used to it it's no big deal now. I need about 1.5tsp of pH down to keep 12 gallons of nutes at 5.8-6.0.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

This is my first grow using FOx Fert. I've had no problems with the ph at all, but I have expierenced nute burn. I have to adjust my ph to 6.0 and it stays there even after the FF. Had nute burn in the last week, now getting a little leaf curl, just two leaves thank god out of 5 plants.

5. krondikebar

thanks for the input nippie. do you grow soil or hydro?