GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

weedwacker is swimming in a sea of greenweedwacker is swimming in a sea of greenweedwacker is swimming in a sea of green
Default Aqua Farm

I did a search on this and couldn't find any posts here. I've already built one and it seems to work great. Just waiting on my seeds to get started. Here is the link. http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/aquafarm.asp

I ordered my seeds from HES Trading ( http://www.shop.marijuana-seeds-bank...WEBPAGE&page=2 ) about two weeks ago and still haven't received even an email on the status of my order. They received my CC info (yes I know that was a big mistake, but it's history now) and didn't use it for almost a week. It's been another week now since they took my money and still no email confirmation. Has anyone here ever used their service? They seem to have some wicked product, but customer service is definitely lacking.

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Custom User Title
| My GK Garden |

AlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I've never seen those instructions, but I use a system very similar to that. Mine is a 3.5 gal bucket set inside a 5 gallon bucket, what is different is that I use a fountain pump to bring the water up instead of an aquarium air-pump. I also use PVC as the "drip-ring" instead of the polyethylene tube.

I use Lava Rocks as a grow medium. It works really well.

Here is a link to my last grow:

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27165

Good luck with your grow. Hope you get your seeds soon.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

weedwacker is swimming in a sea of greenweedwacker is swimming in a sea of greenweedwacker is swimming in a sea of green

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBait
I've never seen those instructions, but I use a system very similar to that. Mine is a 3.5 gal bucket set inside a 5 gallon bucket, what is different is that I use a fountain pump to bring the water up instead of an aquarium air-pump. I also use PVC as the "drip-ring" instead of the polyethylene tube.

I use Lava Rocks as a grow medium. It works really well.

Here is a link to my last grow:

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27165

Good luck with your grow. Hope you get your seeds soon.

I guess I didn't read the instructions very well because I also am using an aquarium pump instead of the air pump. How little should I set the flow at? Should it just be a few drips or is a slow trickle from all the holes ok? I was thinking about adding some sand to the perlite just to add some weight, since I've already bought it. Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Custom User Title
| My GK Garden |

AlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAlienBait is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I have mine set on a slow trickle not drips. When the plant is a seedling, I run it 15 minutes once a day. At around 2 or 3 weeks, it is set to run 15 minutes every 4 hours. When I start flowering, I set the pump to run 15 minutes every hour.

You are going to have to watch the plants and adjust the flow accordingly. If the plant is drooping before you turn on the pumps, then you need to shorten the time between waterings. If the plant is drooping after you water, you need to increase the time between waterings. If the plant is drooping before AND after, you need to shorten the time between waterings and decrease the pump power or shorten the amount of time the pump is running.

I don't know about adding sand. It would probably just sink to the bottom and flow through the holes into the reservoir. You may not have to add anything to the perlite. When it gets wet, it will get heavier. If you are worried about it, though, you could just add a layer or two of Lava Rocks on the bottom and fill the rest with perlite.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

That's the kind of great info that seems to flow from this board. Thanks AB, reading the Aqua Farm instructions would have had me pumping for the entire lights on period.

FYI, I contacted HES Trading regarding my order and they admitted they just plain screwed up. They did not process my order even though they had charged my card. The good news is they said they would sent it out pronto and credit half the cost to my card. If they do I'm getting $100 worth of seed for $50. That will make the wait worth while.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Custom User Title
| My GK Garden |

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker
That's the kind of great info that seems to flow from this board. Thanks AB, reading the Aqua Farm instructions would have had me pumping for the entire lights on period.

FYI, I contacted HES Trading regarding my order and they admitted they just plain screwed up. They did not process my order even though they had charged my card. The good news is they said they would sent it out pronto and credit half the cost to my card. If they do I'm getting $100 worth of seed for $50. That will make the wait worth while.
Glad I could help.

Good luck with your seeds. Half price ain't bad.