Lst

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by ElektroBuds, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ElektroBuds

ElektroBuds Veggy Stage

how short can you keep a plant when you LST it around the rim of a bucket
    i know there will be differences in strains too but could you do it in 20 inches

2. Clyde Green

Clyde Green Guest

16"

I have one half my flowering cabinet set at 16" from the glass and the other at about 20" .

I run the rim of the container with the leader and hold leader and shoots to under 8" from the container top (I'm under 48" floros for veg (so there's a depth issue anyway) before sticking them under the 400HPS (enhanced) .

I tie them down a little more 12/12 day and dose them with my organic veg formula for the Nitrogen they need in the next couple of weeks .

Even for the next 10-14 days while the stems are still very pliable and stretching , you can continue to tie down as needed .

My light is hooded with a 265 cfm so radiant heat from the bulb is the issue (even with a fan right on them) . 8-10" from the bulb is about as close as I get .

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Yes

4. ElektroBuds

ElektroBuds Veggy Stage

Thanks,

you guys are such a great help

i will be shure to have pics of the cabinet and such soon

5. ElektroBuds

ElektroBuds Veggy Stage

also, when my plants make it around the rim of the bucket, when they are out of space, should i just clip the top of the plant and go to 12/12 and flower, er what?

6. Clyde Green

Clyde Green Guest

I try to leave my leader intact . and I only get about half way around before I feel the container is ready , then I let it go a while to let the leader get back in the lead (upright) . By now the side branching has filled my needs and will max out the root system by the end of flower . Going all the way around is maybe too long in veg for most container sizes IMO .

7. ElektroBuds

ElektroBuds Veggy Stage

so when i get to where i want to be in veg, i should just change lighting to 12/12