GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Pests and Plant Problems
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

CaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionally
Default Black Dots on Buds

I was inspecting one of my plants and noticed TINY TINY black dots on a couple of buds. There was not many, but there was enough for me to notice. There was also a few on some of the smaller leaves. Also...the plant next to it has very red hairs that almost look burnt on a couple smaller buds. It is only about 4 weeks flower, so it isnt normal color change.

Please help!

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Germinated

smokin69 likes being stoned in the corner

seems like spidermites to me, if so then take two damp sponges and wipe the leave top and underneath parts at the same time, i think just do it about every 2 weeks if the infestation persists, get them quick tho, they can murder a crop in a hurry!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC
Default reply

your black dots and your orangeish hairs i believe are unrelated. The black dots could just be a dead tip within the bud where the plant kinda capped it off ( i had something similar...veeery small black dot... )...are you touching your buds with bare fingers? At all? MJ does not like that when it is alive...the oil and grease on your hands fucks with the color and severely lessens the health of the hairs where you touched. Hopes this helps some.

After I said this I noticed it was you kush...I thought i was speaking to a a beginner...so nevermind...you already know what I just said.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

CaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionallyCaptKush could grow pot professionally
Default Spider Mites?

Ya I only touch the leaves and that is only if I want to see what the plant smells like. I tried to blow the dots off. The more I do research, the more I think its spider mites. Does anyone have any experience with these bastards? I am going to get some of those no pest strips and some neem oil and seal up the room very well. Then I will turn off the ventilation for 12 hours and put the pest strips up. Im hoping from what ive read on other sites that this will take care of it.

I think I saw the problem pretty early so hopefully I can stop these buggers!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Does anyone have any experience with the no pest strips you get at the hardware store?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC

yes they work great. I prefer to mix up my own remidies...boil a few ciggies and stick that water aside...then mix warm water, neem oil, a drop or three of bio-degradable soap, some pureed (sp) garlic and a ration of that nicotine water (dries those suckers out)....a 2 week regime of this...hardly anything can stand.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 AM
labor smoke'n lumberjack

skunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKush
Does anyone have any experience with the no pest strips you get at the hardware store?
seriously go get you some SMC or pyrethiren concentrate and spray down those plants and the room. That's the only way i've been able to successfully kill them and keep them away.

Oh and I found Jesus! He was hiding behind the sofa the whole time!

OG breeding FAQs
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35076

Strain Lineage List
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33084

Chop the tree, smoke the tree!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate
| My GK Garden |

Useless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Skunky is right. The Hot SHot No Pest Strips are good for prevention, and helping keep them at bay, but it will not kill them off.
I drop a 2 oz pyrethrum bomb. 24 hours later, rinse leaves with plain water.
Then every 3 days for 3 treatments, SMC or floramite treatments.
12 days after the bomb, there will be no survivors, a mass pogram if you will.
Mites reside on the under side of the leaf, usually the larger fans as it represents heat and a large food supply. So make sure you coat the undersides of the leaves well when treating with a spray.

I question whether it is mites. Usually, you will notice small specks of white on the leaves, mites dont like the buds. The white spots are from the mites literally tapping a cell like a keg, and sucking out the chorophyl. They are like a college frat house, in that they can drink a lot and reproduce often. HAHA

Look on the underside of the leaves, you can see small tan-ish colored beasties walking around. A more advanced infestation will have webbing strung from the main "vein" of the leaf and branching out.

Do you have an eye loop? Check out the spot closely. It might be a gnat or something else that just got stick in the trichomes like glue and died.
"I desire knowledge by nature," the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, damn check out the colors man.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Default After further review!

HA!...Thanks guys!

After spending an hour looking over the ladies, I have come to the conclusion that it was DIRT or something! I couldnt find anymore of the spots and inspected the undersides of leaves. ALSO there was no white spots like you said.

I will continue to check them everyday just to be sure, but I think I was just being PARANOID

I will keep the No-pest strip up for a little while just to be sure!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Old Prick

HeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I used the hot shot pest strip worked great It kills the little bastards fast and they don't come back .I tried neem oil, SMC, & a lot of different sprays even bombs & the pest strip works best $ 5.99 you can't beat it.-Bud