GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Public Board > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 02-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Full Flowering

slantedsidewaze  gives out some good pointers on growing
Question Light-Green New Growth & Droopy Plants!!

I had some previous probs. I dehydrated them and ultimately burned a some leaves,(more details on my Dehydration post). I gave them a healthy watering, because the soil was bone dry. They seemed to be getting better, then I left for a day. Before I left I watered them again. They didn't really need it, but I didn't know how long I'd be gone for and I didn't want the same thing happening again. I just got back and the plants are droopy. The newer growth is a much lighter green and the soil is still really damp!! What should I do?? Did I over-water? Could this have caused lock-out? Where do I go from here? I could really use some advice. THNX!

PS. I apologize to the staff and administrators if I have over-posted this subject. I am in desperate need of advice and want to get as much help as possible. Plus, you guys ROCK!!

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC
Default um...

Old 02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Old Prick

HeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Let them dry out you probally over watered them .New growth is a little lighter green.-Bud
Old 02-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Full Flowering

Default Pictures

I'm doin my best to borrow my buddies digital cam. I'll have some pics as soon as I possibly can. In the mean time if any one can give me some advice from the description I gave, it would help a lot! If you have any questions please ask. Thanks again.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Harvested Frosty Nugs

cheebamonkey  gives out some good pointers on growing

hey man, can u give a lil distription of the growing conditions,
Nutes,
Soil Mix
type of water?
How old are these plants?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Harvested Frosty Nugs

sounds like stress mate.
Sometimes when plants are stressed they can take up to 2 weeks to get over it, and this could be some of what is making them droop. if they were bone dry i doubt its over watering, unless you floated them
Old 02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Full Flowering

Question floating

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebamonkey
sounds like stress mate.
Sometimes when plants are stressed they can take up to 2 weeks to get over it, and this could be some of what is making them droop. if they were bone dry i doubt its over watering, unless you floated them
whats floating? Also, I said I gave them a hardy watering when I first saw them bone dry, and then again the next day. They, didn't REALLY need it but I was leaving for over a day and I didn't want the same overheating and dehydrating to happen again. I didn't think that it would be a big deal! I think I thought wrong! If this is the case, do you think they'll revive. They aren't as droopy as before, but their far from where they were!
-thanks for the advice!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Full Flowering

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebamonkey
hey man, can u give a lil distription of the growing conditions,
Nutes,
Soil Mix
type of water?
How old are these plants?
I'm just using regular tap water that has fairly low TDS/EC for tap water. I've been keeping the ph of the soil around 6.8-7.0, it's Foxfarm Potting-Mix but I am using a Soil PH tester. They're only a couple of weeks old, but their a dense, stout, indica strain(that WAS comming along nicely). They're in about 4'x4'x4' square starter pots with good drainage. It wasn't untill I stressed shit out of them by dehydrating and burnin' a few leaves AND then probably overwatered them that had any trouble with them. That's what I get for being an idiot. But past has passed! What can I do now? Anything?

Last edited by slantedsidewaze; 02-01-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: wrong face
Old 02-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Veggy Stage

Convict has a few good grows under the beltConvict has a few good grows under the belt
Default Stessed

Shit man, you stressed the hell outta them girls. Just let em dry out some and stay on top of em. Put a fan on em or something. They just like any other female, need lot of attention and care man.

My pain is caused by my pleasure - Godsmack
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Harvested Frosty Nugs

It could be your soil mix too , If it doesnt have good amount of vermiculite and perlite. Some soils get almost like mud when wet and the roots suffocate , you need to add a little sand , perlite and vermiculite, or something like that. If the plants are really sick, and lack of ^ is the problem, and you have more seeds, Id scrap them and start fresh, hard to do but , a properly grown seed will fly right by a stunned sick plant.
my .02 cents