GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Strains and Crosses
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Full Flowering

slantedsidewaze  gives out some good pointers on growing
Post Venus strain

I have two Venus Females that look very nice. They are EXTREMELY stout/dense. Not only are the nodes really close together, but one of them has alternating sets of three leaves insted of two! Is this common, good, bad...what?

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Serious Guerilla Farmer

Guerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot descipleGuerilla Family is a pot desciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantedsidewaze
I have two Venus Females that look very nice. They are EXTREMELY stout/dense. Not only are the nodes really close together, but one of them has alternating sets of three leaves insted of two! Is this common, good, bad...what?
Could be a whorled phytolaxy.. More likely a mutant.. u got any pics?

'A Guerilla Army attacks where they aren't expected, secures victory, and then, vanishes without a trace'
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 AM
labor smoke'n lumberjack

skunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Yea sounds like it's whorled as long as its 3 sets of fan leaves per node and not just 3 fingered fan leaves.

Oh and I found Jesus! He was hiding behind the sofa the whole time!

OG breeding FAQs
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35076

Strain Lineage List
http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33084

Chop the tree, smoke the tree!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Full Flowering

slantedsidewaze  gives out some good pointers on growing
Question Whorled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunky
Yea sounds like it's whorled.
What's whorled? It's three sets per node , not three fingered fan leaves.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
R.I.P

MrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriamMrAstro In memoriam
Talking Hey, Dude!

Be a big help to everyone, if possible.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:46 AM
labor smoke'n lumberjack

skunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortalskunky is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I'll see if I can find any good real whorled MJ pics but maybe this will help explain it to ya.
http://fireflyforest.net/firefly/200...te-or-whorled/

Alot of people call these polyploids, but pretty sure whorled phyllotaxy has nothing to do with ploidy level.

OG breeding FAQs

Strain Lineage List

Old 02-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Old Prick

HeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHeadCase is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I thought it's called a Trifoliate-Bud
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
labor smoke'n lumberjack

Nope, a lot of people think it's a triploid. It's not supposed to be caused by extra DNA copies just crazy expression. There is three arrangements seen in most plants. The opposite phyllotaxy which is the immature \|/ two at each node, the whorled/spiraled phyllotaxy with three at each node, and the alternate phyllotaxy we see normally in the mature plants.

Honestly not sure how to tell a polyploid, master kush is supposed to be a tetraploid but not sure. I know you are supposed to be able to treat seeds with colchicine to induce it. Not sure if it really work or not and from what I've read really no benefit for us growers for polyploids onlything that seems to be better is the fiber but some say yield can be larger. I would think the cochicine would just make the seeds unviable. Because colchicine is what they use to karyotype stuff and look at chromosomes. You add it to cells and when they are under going mitosis and aligned at the metaphase plate it will freeze the cell. The technician just takes a picture of all the chromosomes then cuts them out and matches them up. I'm just not sure if it freezes the cells temporarily or if it completely inhibits the progression through the cell cycle.

OG breeding FAQs

Strain Lineage List

Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Excommunicated

MK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hooka

Skunky there was a study conducted about what you are mentioning with the colchicine treatment on MJ seeds (dont remember where I saw it) but I believe it stated that out of 400 seeds treated only 4 survived said treatment. And thats when done correctly on previous attempts the researchers treated 400 seads and something like 200 were viable but they didnt turn out polyploids. I guess its a very fine line between success and failure.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate
| My GK Garden |

Useless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalUseless is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

The picture skunky posted is whorled phyllotaxy. It is a tri-foliate whorled phylotaxy, so SomBud was also correct.

There is a good thread on here called Polyploidism in Cannabis (or something like that), I think its in the Advanced section. UBB and I were having a bit of a discussion on it. Anyway, there are numerous references, links and quoted material in the thread. Should get you going on polyploidism.

Colchicine is extremely poisonous. I cant stress that enough. It will kill you if used improperly, or used without the correct protective equipment.

Also, the problem with induced polyploids in MJ, the offspring revert back to diploids. Also, I understand maintaining a polyploid is nearly impossible.
"I desire knowledge by nature," the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, damn check out the colors man.