GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Hydroponic Cultivation
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Journey man sparky

Tex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THCTex-Elektric-Bud Sweats Pure THC
Default Rinsing Perlite!!!!!!

IM GONNA GO NUTX, lmao, does any one have a perfected way to rinse large amounts of pearlite? i gotta rinse enough for 5-3 gal buckets, thanks TEX

grown: Northern lights & sweet tooth
currently grown: B.C. Purps / Northern Lights / skywalker / blueberry kush / god bud / god's kush / white rhino / purple lights/ purple kush/ tai lemon.
growing is a right, not a privilege!

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!
Default Did you get that MG crap by mistake?

That's what I did. Somehow missed that it was coated with mg fert. I ended up filling the bag with water and letting it drain over and over again...poked a few holes but mostly just filled the bag once a day and let it drain.
I didn't have to do as much as you are.

Grat

Don't think outside the box, Think inside the cabinet!

"So long as one feeds on food from unhealthy soil, the spirit will lack the stamina to free itself from the prison of the body." - Rudolf Steiner

Bee-Line for better flavor.

Oregonism XL - Root growth enhancer. A distinctive super-soluble formulation of endo/ecto-mycorrhizae, beneficial bateria, and Trichoderma.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Rollin' Coal
| My GK Garden |

friendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortalfriendlyfarmer is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

great question. been wondering the same thing myself.

i am thinking i'm gonna take a screen from one of my wndows and use it in the shower. just lay as much as I can on the screen and rinse it.

I dunno. I've got to tackle the same exact project soon.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:22 PM
All good things

Shiva has a few good grows under the beltShiva has a few good grows under the belt

Never done it, but if I was going to and had a bucket to be sacrificed I would drill a bunch of holes put it in the tub and just run water through it. Depending on how many holes you put it in you could make it drain fast of slow and get a quasi-soak out of it.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Germinated

SkunkFan has a few good things to say
Talking I Got It!!!

They sell small screens at any plumbing place or even wal-mart that will cover the drain in the tub. Or a normal sink screen can cover the drain or set in it. Even a small sifter laid over it will work. They are at wal-mart too for $3. Don't waist your time on the screen deal. I can wash enough for six five-gallon buckets at once like this. It is very easy if your shower-head moves. I got a crazy girlfriend so mine has a long hose and a "high pressure" setting. Its perfect. Done in like ten minutes. Just cover the drain, dump it in the tub, rinse it, and scoop it back out and straight into your containers. Good question tho. Took me a three grows and several frustrating hours figuring this out while i was washing hand fulls at a time. Good Luck!!

:edit: Wash the shower first.

Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet.
Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?
(Bill Hicks)

Last edited by SkunkFan; 06-15-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:35 AM
teamster6

Default cleaning perlite

Well guys you gotta use a good screen to clean perlite. No easy way it is a pain in the ass. I use a large noodle strainer fill rinse under tap full pressure and dump into bucket and refill.

think that is bad try washing 40 gallons of crushed lava rock some time. That is the amount my grow buckets hold I do it the same way.

Good luck

teamster6
Old 06-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Dank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er plane

I use a 5 gal bucket.

Cut a screen in a circle matched to the bottom of the bucket. Drill a few holes in the bottom of the bucket. Glue in the screen and let it dry. Instant perlite rinsing and storage bucket.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Cured Fat Sticky Bud

stickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortalstickyicky24 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

I too used a strainer and it was a huge pain in the ass. I thought about the using my tub but I personally didn't feel comfortable with that idea for my perlite had some significant dust and tiny pieces that I was concerned about putting down my drain. I mean if you did it with success then maybe I'll try it but I rent and all I could picture was cloggin my drain and having to have a plumber show up and find my grow.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 AM
papa oom mow mow
| My GK Garden |

AverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalAverageJoe is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickyicky24
I rent and all I could picture was cloggin my drain and having to have a plumber show up and find my grow.
Good thinking Never can be too careful.

I have a septic tank, and I don't want that dust in it. So i don't do anything in the house drains. I use a 5 gal bucket with a bunch of holes in the bottom and just keep running the water hose through it. It is a pain in the

I've done a few grows where I didn't adequately wash the dust, and it does make some nice perlite mud at the bottom.

I also haven't found an effective way of getting all the little capillary roots out of it so it can be reused.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!Gratitude is a Ganja God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe
I also haven't found an effective way of getting all the little capillary roots out of it so it can be reused.
I'd like to know when a good solution is found for that one

Rinsing Perlite sucks.

Not my thread but thanks everybody

Grat

Don't think outside the box, Think inside the cabinet!

"So long as one feeds on food from unhealthy soil, the spirit will lack the stamina to free itself from the prison of the body." - Rudolf Steiner

Bee-Line for better flavor.

Oregonism XL - Root growth enhancer. A distinctive super-soluble formulation of endo/ecto-mycorrhizae, beneficial bateria, and Trichoderma.