GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Beginner Lounge
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Game On!

spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!
Default Does perlite need to be rinsed?

So I went shopping. Damn you GK, this whole spending thing isn't going to stop. RR was right in my last post - I'm hooked. My wallet is never going to be the same again!

Anyway, I bought myself some perlite from a local hydro store, and it's in a clear bag - doesn't say it has any ferts on it or anything. Should I rinse it anyway? I was thinking it couldn't hurt.

I also got the first of my 3-part GH nutes and have some seeds germinating now. I'll be checking out feeding schedules and everything to make sure I get this right, but the general consensus is not to feed my plants until they're 1 or 2 weeks old, is that correct? Then I'd obviously start out small and increase their dose as I go.

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:35 PM
teamster6

Default grow

It takes all three parts of the gh nutes to mix a batch. Some will only use two but I dont want to get into that.

You have to rinse the dust out of that perlite. It will mess up your roots if you dont. The dust turns to mud in the bottom of the plant container.

teamster6
Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Excommunicated

MK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hookaMK-Ultra smokes from the golden hooka

Wear a dust mask when you rinse it as well. Safety first kids!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Game On!

spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster6
It takes all three parts of the gh nutes to mix a batch. Some will only use two but I dont want to get into that.
Oh geez, so it does.
I didn't even see that. I'll go get the other two parts as soon as I can.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Rollin' Coal
| My GK Garden |

friendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THCfriendlyfarmer Sweats Pure THC

Rinsing is a pain. I've done it a few differen ways, and am running an experiment of not rinsing a few of my buckets to see if it really hurts.

The rinsing method I find easiest and most private is the whole damn bag in the shower, with a nozzle and about 20 dime sized holes in the bottom of the bag. Gets a lot done quick.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

marymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciplemarymaryquitecntrary is a pot desciple

i have never rinsed my perlite. and i reuse it (perlite/vermiculite mix) over and over. and I grow pretty nice plants.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Excommunicated

Dixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THCDixie Hicky Sweats Pure THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster6

You have to rinse the dust out of that perlite. It will mess up your roots if you dont. The dust turns to mud in the bottom of the plant container.

teamster6

YES you MUST rince the hell outa the perlite. I do it by poking a few holes in the bottom of the big plastic bag it comes in---then holding my hose over the top until the water runs clear from the holes in the borrom.

TRUST ME, you do NOT want to put seedlings right into the one gal bucket UNLESS yopu can moisten the roots four ot five timnes a dy. PLEASE use a 16 oz plastic colored cup from seedling to 1 month old THEN trans to a one gal container. Personally, I add another in-between step---I go from the 16 oz cup to a 1 liter soda bottle, THEN to the one gal container.

The point is, UNTILL the roots have grown to the res, they NEED to be KEPT MOIST by more frequent water/feedings. LOOK at the length of the roots after removing the plant from the cup. They are prob about n2-3 inches. OK. Now, if your container has it's drain hole five inches below the surface, your roots will need to GROW that 2-3 inchjes before they get any nutes. Right?

So, you can fill in the the gap by either water/feeding more often OR using a smaller container with a shorter gap between top and the res. Does that make sense?

In other words, it takes a while for roots to grow into the res. During that growing time, you need to not let the young roots get dried out. It aint hard---spritz with a sprayer if you like. In a couple weeks, your seedling will show it's toots have reached...by taking a sudden growth leap. Then, you can lighten up on the spritzing. The beauty part of Hempy is, you can SEE the changes almost immediately. If your plant needs nitro, it will show you quick. (Once you add more nitro, you wiull SEE the improvement in a couple days. Everything is closer than can be noticed in soil. It's so cool.)

LOvin dem Hempys!

Dixie
Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Game On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Hicky
So, you can fill in the the gap by either water/feeding more often OR using a smaller container with a shorter gap between top and the res. Does that make sense?
Perfect sense, thank you! I'm considering zipping down to one of our "superstores" to get me some cups today!

Sounds like it could speed things up significantly.