First timer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Thomas DeRitis, May 16, 2010.

1. Thomas DeRitis

Thomas DeRitis Germinating

Hey ppl , I have a few questions if anyone can help . Is a 6 inch pot big enough for growing ? How soon can I force them to flower ? They are about 7 weeks old , but they are growing like crazy ! They are almost 2 feet tall , bushy and very green and healthy looking . Do to lack of room , I wanted to see if I could force them to flower early ? Remember I am new at this so be kind lol >>>>>

2. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

7 weeks veg? That's a long time for indoors. How much remaining vertical space do you have? Hope you have enough for the stretch! Switch to 12/12 now! You need at least a 3gal pot for each plant though. You can buy 5gal buckets @ Lowes for less than $3.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You can grow in anything from a thimble to huge 10 gallon buckets.

But 6" pots are going to severely limit your yield and require constant water as you enter flowering. Upgrade to at least 10", 12" or 13" would be even better, to help maximize your yield and keep healthy plants.

cheers,

4. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

welcome

^^^all good advise^^^

:welcome: to :GK: Thomas! :wave:

:passsit:

5. budbox

budbox workin things out

not bad to start wit

i use the red party cups and u would be suprized how big they can get in those. but u do want to go bigger before u try nd flower

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'll be nice.... but most of these questions could be answered if you :F-A-Q:

That being said, If they are seven weeks old they most likely have alternating nodes which denotes sexual maturity, meaning you can switch them to flowering on a 12/12 light schedule now if you want.

Pot size should be measured by the volume of the container not the opening size. A 6" pot that is 2' deep is a lot more root space than a 6" pot that is 8" deep. I would recommend a pot that is at least 3 gallons or roughly 10" wide by 1' deep for plants that are already 2' tall. Remember that plants can and will benefit if allowed to double or even triple in size from the time you switch them to 12/12 and when they are ready for harvest. It all depends on root space, genetics/strain, and environment, ie: light intensity, air flow, temp, etc.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck.

7. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

:-welcome-: to GK homes. Your gonna be a pro in no time, hit up the FAQ and beginners lounge to answer any of your questions.

8. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Remember that plants can and will benefit if allowed to double or even triple in size from the time you switch them to 12/12 and when they are ready for harvest.

Benefit? I don't see how? Waas this a typo?

Ud be best off trimming ur plant down if ur space restricted, or tieing her up can be fun too ;)

:pimp: