GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Hydroponic Cultivation
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 02-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Germinated

northernlight likes being stoned in the corner
Default DWC Vs. Ebb & Flow

Ok, I've been lurking throughout the forums for years now but rarely post. Been using the hempy with no complaints, but I'm getting bored with it. Going to try a DWC o flow or an Ebb & flow (homemade) setup, just not sure which. I have a 45 gal. res thats 33" x 18.5" which I plan on flowering with. Just not sure which would be of better use, as I only have experience with the hempy or soil. It seems as though the ebb & flow setup would hold more plants than turning my tub into a DWC setup. Whats your take?? Please help me decide I'm starting to feel a little

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:19 PM
teamster6

Your gonna get faster growth with the dwc but you have to have so much room for the plants to grow so unless you do a scrog type setup with single colas the space would probably be about the same.

Teamster6
Old 02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Germinated

So DWC it is, faster growth is what i'm looking for. Which leads me to another 2 questions. How much room should I leave between plants, for growth and root development? Also would it be benificial to try a scrog on this?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
mud drags champion

mt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THC
Wink dwc vs flood & drain

i prefer soil for taste but dwc is not faster i have 2 growers in the same circle .mr D uses ebb& flow & mr j uses dwc they both use advanced nutrients master yield system they both compete and they take turns out doing each other and they both make about the same yield and speed .but hydro is fester than soil & i find it easy to ad & remove the flower pots from the table and two hoses is all that can leak with a multiple plant system
i actualy am thinking about going hydro for one of my patients so i can keep up with his needs
oh and not trying to debunk what t-6 says it is just my personal expierience
Old 02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
teamster6

I grow ebb and flo. Id like to see a ebb and flo grow that would outgrow a properly setup dwc system. sorry Im not buying it. Usually they rate grow in systems in this order. The pics below are of a aeroponic cloner where the roots were allowed to grow down to the rez like in dwc. Last picture is my current ebb and flo grow at the ceiling.

1. aeroponics
2. dwc
3. ebb and flo
4. hempy
5. soil

:beerchug-2:
Teamster6

Last edited by teamster6; 02-07-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Germinated

Ok maybe it was that last but i'm confused now. whats the difference between aeroponics and dwc
Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
teamster6

IN aeroponics the plants are usually in tubes which contain the roots and the roots are supplied nutrient by sprayers. The runnoff flows out the tubes and back to the res. The roots are not allowed to go down in to a res.

Dwc your roots grow down into the rez for nutrient most use bubblers to ox the nutes but as you saw from the picture that cloner is actually running as a dwc because the roots have gone down into the res

pic of aero system

Cheers

Teamster6
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Developed Alternating Nodes

greethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummy

i prefer both methods combined. ebb and flo and dwc. here is a few pics of a system i built. i used 1/4" elbows instead of drippers and flood for 3 minutes every 4 hrs. i used a 90ghp pump. the roots touched the water after about 4 weeks. they were started in 1.5" cubes.

Pic 1- the day i put them in the system
Pic 2- 3.5 weeks later and 1st day of flower. i tooks 1-3 cuttings off each
Pic 3- 16 days later.

Thats how fast u can expect them to grow. i should have set up for a SCog, but i was only growing those to sex seeds and get clones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (81.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (102.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (87.2 KB, 27 views)

Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
2010 NAGC Winner

RkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Hell yea, those ladies are looking KICK ASS! That last pic shows some really nice growth!
Nice job!

"We have a unique vantage point here aboard the International Space Station. As I look out the window, I see a very beautiful planet that seems very inviting and peaceful. Unfortunately, it is not.
These days, we are constantly reminded of the unspeakable acts of violence and damage we can inflict upon one another, not just with our actions, but also with our irresponsible words.
We're better than this. We must do better."

Scott Kelly, January 10th, 2011
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Developed Alternating Nodes

greethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummygreethumbumm makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummy
Question how much air in a DWC?

if you are growing with a DWC system, what a good guideline for GPH of air per gallon of water? EX. 30 gal res.= 70GPH air pump used, being about two gallons of air per gallon of nutrient solution? i know more is always better, but whats adequate and whats a waste (if any)?