Location and Timing

Discussion in 'NAGC' started by ResinRubber, Oct 30, 2010.

?

Location and Timing

1. California

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Colorado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. North Carolina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oregon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Florida??? I know how much Rky loves Fla. He just went there.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Geo will be sporadic for a time and wanted her initial thoughts shared. Here they are pasted from PM.

2. ResinRubber

Location and Timing

Here's some thoughts on locations and timing. We hit on these at the last meet and I took the liberty of adding some meat to the bones.

Oregon up around Mt Hood. Oregon recognizes reciprocity on MMJ use. So a card holder in another state is legal in OR. Plus, they allow out of state patient registration. For example, if I were to show up a day or two early I can go to a Dr. to get a recommendation for MMJ, carry that with me and I'm legal under OR state law.

Year round snowfield on Mt. Hood for boarding has absolutely nothing to do with. Nope. Ok....coastal would work too.

Cali is top choice for me if Prop 19 passes and is enacted. Obviously!

Colorado. The THC Music fest in Alma in August might be good place to meet. 420 friendly in a town that legalized Mj within city limits. The Telluride Blues Fest is the weekend of Sept 17 and would be another good choice. Both give the attendees a cool venue to enjoy while we judge buds.

Rhode Island. Again, RI is reciprocal on out of state med cards, a bonus for folks from MMJ states. It's a long fucking haul for most members tho. The RI Rhythm and Roots Fest on Labor Day weekend might be a good one to plan around. There is a local State Park that opens to camping that weekend but they don't allow alcohol in the park...my guess is if this is enforced that means open MJ use would be an issue also. The east coasters would be all over this but can we count on them to show up?

Any others? Ideas?

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I am centrally located between oregon, cali, colorado ect so the location does not affect me as it would the far east people ect.

The thing I like the best about colorado is a out of stater if he gets caught with a ounce will only be charged a misdemeaner. That is a huge plus. I dont know what the oregon laws are like res or some of the rest might.

just my thought

t6

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

my thoughts well I thought Rocky and Rez went out of there way on the food thing as well as Geo.

I think we need a food fund and better planning of meals with everybody chipping in on the future meets.

As far as the female potty thing I am afraid the gals will just have to rough it. It would be nice but like hauling the gas stove. I doubt anybody will want to do a thing like that. The other thing is we have to be somewhat remote for security so local accomodations are not close by.

t6

5. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there some talk of holding the event in a larger camping area next time with a few more creature comforts? I know it will all depend on WHERE we hold the next event, but if it does end up being somewhere in CA, it may end up being in an area a little more conducive to larger groups, with showers and toilets and all that fun stuff.

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

thats a thought but if we are somewhere where there are accomodations like that there will also be other people without a doubt close by

t6

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Well if prop 19 passes than Cali would be the place to have it at a place with more conveniences like bathrooms and such.

8. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

Ooooh Ooooh! If it's EARLY August in Alma that'd be sweet since I'll be MIA from 8/24-9/11. Gettin' married and heading to Jamaica...

Maybe it could be like a GK bachelor party :passsit: :passsit: :passsit:

9. ResinRubber

On that note. I've located a good private campground in Arcata that would accept our group. All the conveniences including showers. I'm not against roughing it again but like Geo pointed out, not everybody is up for digging latrines.

If Prop 19 passes and Cali turns out to be the deal what do you guys think of Oaksterdam and some real digs in a hotel/motel? We might be able to get a group rate and some support from the local Marijuana Univ.

10. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I have a TON of other places here in Colorado that are more "civilized", but I think our MAIN problem with anything organized is that anyone within earshot wouyld love to turn down their tunes and listen to our conversations. So for me it ESSENTIAL to be someplace I can speak freely and not have to worry about "disturbing" anyone.

It isn't a big deal to have a port-a-toilet delivered at ANY site and then picked up after the event. Easy and fairly cheap if we should choose to go that route.

I also know a place that has little cabins and Yurts and it's right on the Colorado river.

I think our choice of locations will be more of a process of elimination rather than a process of choosing. Lets see what we have, what works and what doesn't.

I'm fucking tired. I'll catch up with this all tomorrow.

:alienwink: :affro:

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Well I would have to agree it would be nice and probably a lot easier to have modern assets for everybody hotel ect. Would work better for people who would consider flying to a location who can not bring gear ect and are not up to Camping out.....................

However I must admit it was a hell of a lot of fun passing the pipe around a campfire in the wilderness in lovely scenery.

I guess we need to vote whether we want to ROUGH IT at a location or pick one with modern convieniences. I might add my only concern with a choosen place would be security which is why a remote spot seems inviteing.

Teamster6

12. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Hey guys, check "Virginia Lakes" in the Eastern Sierra Mountains here in Cali.

Good fishing. (cough cough cough). Private cabins available, tent areas etc. Last time I was there we rented a cabin and had total privacy. Smoked all day and night, by the lakes, virtually everywhere except the store.

Cabins have a stove, and fridge too. Not to mention bathrooms and showers! Not very expensive, it was only $100 or so each between 4 of us. The cabins can accommodate up 10-12, so costs go way down per person.

It's just North of Mammoth and June Mountain/Lake. Pretty nice spot.

Anyway, just a thought.

13. Useless

Just so you guys know, Cali currently has the same pot laws for non mmj as Colo. does. Right now, for an oz. you get a $100 ticket, no jail time, nothing on your record. It's not even a criminal misdemeanor anymore, it's just an infraction, like a speeding ticket.

And if that piece of shit prop 19 passes, well, then it's gotta be held in Cali. You will be able to freely carry an oz. on you with no repercussions.

Also, check out Virginia Lakes like I posted int he other thread.

14. Useless

I just saw you mentioned Oaksterdam? FUCK that company, fuck Richard Lee, and fuck them ALL! The MJ Uni.. get the fuck outta here. Dude is a money grubbing douchebag.

Let me say this one more time

FUCK THEM

I would rather drink kerosene and piss in a fire than have anything to do with them.

15. RkyMtnWayHigh69

That definitely sounds like a great spot Useless. It think it's a great place to add to the short list.:bigok:

As for the fishing . . . I know I saw TONS of fish all up and down those beaver dams, but I'm not a fisherman, so catching them is another story entirely for me . . . and you guy too it seemed.

There's Gold Medal waters all around there and the National Fish Hatchery is right up the road, so I know the fish are plentiful where we were. Maybe you just need to wiggle your worm different.:laugh: I really don't know. . . .

I like the sounds of Virgin Lakes!:alienwink: :affro:

16. ResinRubber

Short list for Ca it is. How's the layout for cabin proximity to one another?

17. ResinRubber

I guess we should take that as vote against Oaksterdam?:roffl:

If Prop 19 goes I'm throwing everything behind California. That Virginia Lakes looks pretty good. It's easy to picture hanging in lounges around those lakes. Here's the campground near Arcata I've been looking at.

http://www.casparbeachrvpark.com/accommodations

They have RV sites, tent sites, showers/toilets, on the coast. The plus is they have a large group camp removed from the rest of the campground that we could rent very cheaply and be afforded tons of privacy. Drawback is that being a private camp there are rules on music and noise after hours. I made a call last go round to the owners and while not outright saying a "bunch of stoners want to invade your camp" I addressed privacy and possible MJ use. They said as long as nobody complains or it's not done in the public areas they have no problem with "Legal" mj use. If Cali goes legal this one should be in the mix.

I'm going to merge the location thread and Geo's thoughts since it seems we've joined topics.

18. ResinRubber

Agreed Rky.

If we end up rough camping again methinks a port-o-let and solar shower would go a long way to improving camp conditions. I noticed a few very nice State/Federal group camps with facilities that have a lot of privacy in the area around Alma/Fairplay.

You have a link to the yurts/cabins? If we end up in Colo at one of the festivals how is it located in relation to the THC Fest or Telluride Blues?

19. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I do like the look of virginia lakes. Looks like great fishing. 18 miles from Yosmite.

cabins...........345 a day max of 12 guests

12% mono tax

500 bucks deposit

I guess you all know if this thing goes west coast it will probably eliminate any chance of seeing the east coast people. Yes it will pick up the california people but probably eliminate the others.

Colorado is more central but we did not have a huge showing. I have mixed feelings about location as I would like to have as many people as possible to attend.

t6

20. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Hell, I was actually thinking of proposing a West Coast (California) Event in 2011, a Rhode Island Event in 2012, and back to Colorado to start it all over again in 2013. Then as additional places become available we could add them to the rotation. ;)

Just a stoner thought, but it would be cool to have it alternate from the East Coast to the West Coast to the Central US . . . Then we could have "representatives" in each location to help organize and supply local logistical support every three years instead of the possibility of doing it in the same location every year. Or the alternative of having to discuss and vote on it every year. If we knew the States we could always find numerous MJ friendly locations in that State.:ponder:

I'm not sure who we have in Rhode Island or what their laws are . . . I was just using a State that I know reciprocates with Colorado on MMJ cards. I can't believe California or Washington don't . . .:BangHead: