GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Pests and Plant Problems
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 AM
down w the moral majority

greenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortal
Exclamation tiny white spots on leaves

interesting new dilemma with one of my vegging plants....teeny white spots all over one side of it, the side with more light, and a slight yellowing around the edges of the leaves. not bugs, i don't think, it's IN the leaves.
been feeding them about every other week with alaska stinky poop, and just started half dosing of alaska flower stuff. other plant same strain & size shows nothing wrong.... i didn't notice anything like this a few days ago...

i have the icmag leaf diagnosis thing printed out, but it doesn't look like any problem i can tell on there....

any ideas???

GTWT

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are just an imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather..."

Last edited by greenthumbwhitethumb; 06-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM

greenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortal
Exclamation

ACK!!!!

i just threw my scope on it, flipped it over, and i've got gross clear bugs!!! WTF are these things????

how the shit do i get rid of them? do i need to treat my whole room? i've got 6 baby jog-gers in there, plus these 2 larger ones!!!!!

HALP!!!!

GTWT

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are just an imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather..."
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
True Ganjaman
| My GK Garden |

rasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortal
Unhappy Spider Mites!!!!!

You've got Spider Mites. The tiny white spots are dead leaf where the little bastards are sucking the juices from the underside of the leaves. You have all life stages if you see the spots. Look for little webs in the curled leaves or near the main stem at the nodes. The translucent ones are juveniles. Adults are sort of little black specks (they look like a speck of dirt that moves). The eggs are almost invisible. Get some pyrethrin spray at HD or Lowes. I use neem oil myself but it's not as strong as the pyrethrin. I sometimes use the pyrethrin too. There are stronger pesticides to kill them as well but i try to stay with the natural and naturally derived pesticides. They are a bitch! And once you have them it's very hard to get rid of them. You can control them easily with neem but it will not ever get every last one so re application on a regular basis is necessary. You could clear out the room and use some pyrethrin bombs and then a thorough wash with bleach water might get them all. Then you would need to treat your room like a lab and change into clean clothes before entering, as well as filtering your intake and exhaust air. Seal up all possible cracks that would lead to the outside world. It's hard to do this for a small scale grow in your own home or yard. I wish you the best of luck in your battle that you now have on your hands. Jump on them NOW and you'll have your best chance of getting rid of them, wait and you'll just have to double your efforts.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
2010 NAGC Winner

RkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

You've lost your spider mite virginity.

Ok, If your flowering you don't want to do any sort of neem oil or sprays or any bombs, if your a week or two from harvesting.

You can VERY effectively combat the spider mites during the veg stage, but once developed on flowering plants, the options fade.

I've had them many times. Usually from the pets going into the grow areas. My yard is infested with them in the heat of the dry summer. So, I have to do what I have to do. Which is a process sort of like ResGanJah just outlined.

It's not the end of the world, but your problem of flowering under CFL's in over. Sorry! I couldn't resist.

My veg preventive treatment is neem oil and a wetting agent mixed with warm water and applied in a foliar feeding fashion. Make sure to spray the under sides of the leaves and clip all the lower branches to allow for a more thorough application. I do this once a month in my veg area.

If I do end up with spider mites in flower I usually chop ASAP, cuz I don't wanna smoke spider webs and dead spider mites. I'd rather smoke bud thats a little immature.

My active infestation treatment is the same foliar feeding of neem oil and a wetting agent mixed with warm water, then 3 days later I drop a pyrethrin bomb. I wait another 3 days and do another neem oil treatment and then wait 3 days and drop another bomb. I do this until I've used 3 bombs and applied the neem oil 3-4 times. It's roughly a 2 week cycle for me. I can totally eliminate them with this method EVERY TIME!

Everyone has different methods of treating spider mites, but this is mine.

Good luck and keep us updated.

"We have a unique vantage point here aboard the International Space Station. As I look out the window, I see a very beautiful planet that seems very inviting and peaceful. Unfortunately, it is not.
These days, we are constantly reminded of the unspeakable acts of violence and damage we can inflict upon one another, not just with our actions, but also with our irresponsible words.
We're better than this. We must do better."

Scott Kelly, January 10th, 2011
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
True Ganjaman
| My GK Garden |

rasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnWayHigh69

Ok, If your flowering you don't want to do any sort of neem oil or sprays or any bombs, if your a week or two from harvesting.

You can VERY effectively combat the spider mites during the veg stage, but once developed on flowering plants, the options fade.

My veg preventive treatment is neem oil and a wetting agent mixed with warm water and applied in a foliar feeding fashion. Make sure to spray the under sides of the leaves and clip all the lower branches to allow for a more thorough application. I do this once a month in my veg area.

If I do end up with spider mites in flower I usually chop ASAP, cuz I don't wanna smoke spider webs and dead spider mites. I'd rather smoke bud thats a little immature.

Good luck and keep us updated.
True if they are in the later half of flowering I would refrain from spraying them. However up until week four I have treated plants and have not had any problems with that. Once the buds begin to really form up and become more dense it's not a good idea to spray them with anything IMO.

When using neem oil I recommend a more frequent application. The eggs will hatch and they will begin the life cycle again if not retreated within about a week.

I have inspected my buds for any dead spider mite and I have never found any on my dried buds. No webs either. They like to stay on the large fan leaves. They stay away from the sticky trichomes it seems. Also I have read that they will leave the chopped buds as soon as they are hung and have begun drying out (This is according to Jorge Cervantes). I personally would not chop them early.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
2010 NAGC Winner

RkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Ras - I'm not discrediting your comment at all, but I know for a fact that the little suckers WILL be on your pot until it's totally dry. I mean TOTALLY dry. If your planning on keeping the harvest going, there's NO other outcome other than more webs and more mites.

I know you've had them and have a schedule, but between the bomb and the neem, I've NEVER had them remain.

I totally understand what your saying, but I'm just explaining what I do.

I know there's many different ways to eliminate spider mites, but I wouldn't allow the problem to get worse especially when she has other veggin plants that she wants to flower and have pest free.

I'm sure other people do their spider mite eradication differently altogether.

Lady bugs are worthless in an indoor garden and so are the predator mites. They just leave corn cob husk shit everywhere. Lady bugs would be nice outdoors, I'm guessing.

"We have a unique vantage point here aboard the International Space Station. As I look out the window, I see a very beautiful planet that seems very inviting and peaceful. Unfortunately, it is not.
These days, we are constantly reminded of the unspeakable acts of violence and damage we can inflict upon one another, not just with our actions, but also with our irresponsible words.
We're better than this. We must do better."

Scott Kelly, January 10th, 2011
Old 06-10-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RkyMtnWayHigh69
dude, that's not funny. i seriously heard the 1812 overture when i read that! that's a cherry i would have liked to keep to myself, you know???

ok, i just spent the last hour in HD, lowes, and the local nursery, and no one has neem oil, and as far as i could read, i couldn't find anything with pyrethrin in in either..... ??? any suggestions???

keep in mind this town is very slow to catch up to the rest of the country - i had to order my alaska flower nutes online b/c they don't have 'natural' stuff here. i say green, and these hillbilly potato-eating fucks say, hey, that's my favorite color too!! duurrrr!! (w-w-waterboy)

GTWT

Old 06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Location: I currently reside in your mind....behind your eyes
CCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalCCrete is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

It looks pretty damn bad GTWT...........sorry......but try this......................from here http://www.plantlightinghydroponics....ger-p-526.html

Put all your plants in the open room, open all closed off areas, remove bulbs or cover them, unplug everything and drop that bomb.....leave room for atleast 8 hr......do that 1 time a week for 3 weeks.......then do it regularly every month...........good luck

CURRENTLY GROWING &
MOMS :
Dabney Blue
Pre 98 Bubba Kush
White Rhino
L.A. Confidential
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Cuban Bee
| My GK Garden |

SMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THCSMARMY Sweats Pure THC

one of those foggers that chris posted and follow it with 3 applications of floramite and they will be gone, but only for vegging plants

Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM
True Ganjaman
| My GK Garden |

I get all my neem oil as well as my pyrethrin sprays at Lowes. Sorry they didn't have it. I get my Alaska Fish ferts there too. The Neem oil I buy is called Green Light (That's the brand name) Neem Oil and the pyrethrin sprays I buy are called Safer (brand) and Garden Safe(brand)by Schultz garden sprays and products. Home depot carries the Safer brand sprays as well. Pyrethrin is a very common insecticide. It's also what they use in the flea killer drops for dogs. Have you looked at Wal-Mart they may carry some pyrethrin based spray for killing insects.

Here are some pics of some of the available products i have used.