GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Public Board > DIY
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Excommunicated

sho*tyme is swimming in a sea of greensho*tyme is swimming in a sea of greensho*tyme is swimming in a sea of green
Default how to make home made c02??

Can somebody post up the recipe and instructions on how to make the home made c02 and regulator I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
True Ganjaman
| My GK Garden |

rasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortalrasganjah is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

You can make your own co2 bucket of any size. Choose your bucket size and use this recipe.

For 5 gal. Bucket.

1-5 gal. bucket with a lid. The lid will need a hole for the tubing in the top.
2-A few feet of rubber tubing.
3-10 lb. bag of sugar.
4-4 1/2 gal. r/o water.
5-a pack of dry brewer's ale yeast.

It's important to be aware that yeast allowed to feed on sugar and deprived of oxygen will produce alcohol as a by product.

Boil the water and add the sugar. Stir until all sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature(must be room temp. or the yeast will be killed). Add the yeast to the bucket and cover with the lid. Insert the tubing into the hole in the lid and run around the top of your plants in your grow room. Poke a hole in the tubing with an awl near the top of each plant and cap the end of the hose. As the yeast feeds on the sugar it will produce co2 that will make it's way up the rubber tube seeping out through the small holes near each plant. co2 is heavier than oxygen and will slowly drop down over your plants.

Be aware that if you're constantly venting your room the co2 will not have a chance to build up to useful levels. This is practical for small grow spaces only.

The yeast may feed for up to 2-3 weeks depending on temps and concentration of sugar in the water.

Regular bakers yeast can also be used but will be slower acting so more yeast may be needed to produce enough co2. Brewer's yeast is faster acting but will not last as long in the bucket.

Good luck.

Last edited by rasganjah; 06-29-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!

IMO its not worth it unless ur doin a really small cab. grow or somethin similar. To many factors to go through first to set up proper Co2 with the right temps and shit let alone a nice sealed room to keep the levels high enough. Like i said all in my oppinion tho bro.
Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user.:
^LMMFOA YEAH RIGHT THATS A CROCK OF SHIT HAHA^
Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Excommunicated

sho*tyme is swimming in a sea of greensho*tyme is swimming in a sea of greensho*tyme is swimming in a sea of green

I appreciate the help guys.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!Boa is a Ganja God!

Im srry bro i shouldnt take u away from doin it if i did at all. All u can do is try i guess. Type it into google and ull get a bunch ofthreads about it on ICmag and some other crazy big sites. I hate goin to them sites u get lost within min. bro lol! But yeah man idk give it a try and see what happens its not that expensive.
Disclaimer: The text and pictures posted by this user are entirely fictional. All pictures have been obtained from a country in which cultivation and possession of cannabis is 100% legal. All posts are for entertainment purposes and does not reflect the views or beliefs of this user.:
^LMMFOA YEAH RIGHT THATS A CROCK OF SHIT HAHA^
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Lazy Days In The Sun

LionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal
Default Not trying to discourge you at all, but it

Aint worth it.

I am going to go out on a limb and say what I think some of those who do run CO2 say:

Got to have a closed environment.

If you go far enough to have a closed environment, you might as well get the real deal and not a fermentation by-product.

The amount of CO2 being injected into the environment, for how long, and at what point has to be regulated.

Basically, unless you are willing to put the time, research, and money into the CO2 endeavor, it aint worth it.

"Democracy is rarely secure when preserved just through the barrel of a gun."

No, the best part of waking up IS NOT Foldgers in your cup , but rather the magical drunken leprechaun, Fuhurt, who comes to greet you each morning...."TOP of the mu`rnen to yah, take this pipe and see the golden pot at the end of my rainbow"..."Dude, I don't know where he came from or how he gets in here...but who cares?".

Its NORML to want Freedom
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Excommunicated

So basically you are saying that even if I put the hoses around by the top of the plants its still not gonna work? I was planning on building a box so would that sufficient as a enclosed environment? I seen a video on youtube of a guy who was using a 2ltr bottle with the home made c02 mix in it but he didn't have any more videos after that one so I really don't know of his success or non success with that method.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Lazy Days In The Sun

LionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalLionLoves420 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

People do it (though I don't think they are doing much for themselves), but why be willing to commit to all the other aspects except tanks?

Using CO2 requires dialing in a lot of factors is mostly what I am saying, and making toilet wine probably isn't the most efficient way of increasing growth.

"Democracy is rarely secure when preserved just through the barrel of a gun."

No, the best part of waking up IS NOT Foldgers in your cup , but rather the magical drunken leprechaun, Fuhurt, who comes to greet you each morning...."TOP of the mu`rnen to yah, take this pipe and see the golden pot at the end of my rainbow"..."Dude, I don't know where he came from or how he gets in here...but who cares?".

Its NORML to want Freedom

Last edited by LionLoves420; 06-29-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Excommunicated

Right right I dig it. I was just wanting to maximize my potential for having some good yields from my grow.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Dank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er planeDank Vapor ascended to a HIGH-er plane

Just increase airflow though the box. More air means more CO2 passing by the plant.