GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Pests and Plant Problems
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Catalyst

scorpion is swimming in a sea of greenscorpion is swimming in a sea of greenscorpion is swimming in a sea of green
Default Split Main Stem.

Seems I have a problem...I have a spit main stem! Is it fatal? Can it heal or is it doomed? Still looks really healthy no drooping or yellowing of leaves? Any advise would be appreciated...Can you wrap it or put something on it or should i just start to flower?
Just posted a few pics in Gallery...Have to learn how to put them on threads.

Last edited by scorpion; 08-15-2010 at 01:05 PM.

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
2010 NAGC Winner

RkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalRkyMtnWayHigh69 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion
Seems I have a problem...I have a spit main stem! Is it fatal? Can it heal or is it doomed? Still looks really healthy no drooping or yellowing of leaves? Any advise would be appreciated...Can you wrap it or put something on it or should i just start to flower?
Your ok . . . it's not uncommon.

Just reinforce the broken area without constricting the growth ability of the area being repaired. Basically, DON'T wrap it tightly with wire or anything like that. Leave room for it to grow in diameter or adjust the repair after a week or so.

I use a wooden dowel inserted into the soil and then loosely wrapped wire around the entire stem. That way the weight of the plant is on the dowel, not the broken stem.

"We have a unique vantage point here aboard the International Space Station. As I look out the window, I see a very beautiful planet that seems very inviting and peaceful. Unfortunately, it is not.
These days, we are constantly reminded of the unspeakable acts of violence and damage we can inflict upon one another, not just with our actions, but also with our irresponsible words.
We're better than this. We must do better."

Scott Kelly, January 10th, 2011
Old 08-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Catalyst

scorpion is swimming in a sea of greenscorpion is swimming in a sea of greenscorpion is swimming in a sea of green

So if I don't support it will it break? Seems to be fairly strong, but I will take your advise! Thanks for the quick response! Should I wrap the area so nothing gets in the split...with tape or something?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM
cL053t Gr0w3r
| My GK Garden |

rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!

That split looks like it's already mending up nicely. Your plant will be ok. Just be careful around it.

Next Cycle In Veg
Jack The Ripper x Black Rose ~ Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze x Viper Diesel

Black Rose F7 x Ken's Grand Daddy Purple ~ Viper Diesel ~ Mango x G13 Widow
Old 08-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Catalyst

Thanks I was a little worried and thought i might have to clone it to death. I put masking tape on it for 2 days and have been applying water into the cut hoping it will heal? Thanks for the advise...you and Hyw69 have reassured me it will be ok thanks, allot! is it ok to wrap up the cut? or would it be better to leave it open?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:46 PM
cL053t Gr0w3r
| My GK Garden |

rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!rollin2techno is a Ganja God!

As long as it's sturdy and doesn't seem too weak (which I don't think it is) you don't need to do anything to it. Let her ride!

Next Cycle In Veg
Jack The Ripper x Black Rose ~ Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze x Viper Diesel

Black Rose F7 x Ken's Grand Daddy Purple ~ Viper Diesel ~ Mango x G13 Widow
Old 08-15-2010, 02:07 PM
A Fat Sticky Bud

dooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot descipledooobster is a pot desciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion
Thanks I was a little worried and thought i might have to clone it to death. I put masking tape on it for 2 days and have been applying water into the cut hoping it will heal? Thanks for the advise...you and Hyw69 have reassured me it will be ok thanks, allot! is it ok to wrap up the cut? or would it be better to leave it open?
The masking tape is sufficient.... No need to put water in the wound.
Let it dry and it will heal....

Hakuna Matata, bitches!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Catalyst

Default Thank you!

Thanks for all your help. I feel better now, I thought it was going to die.
That's great that you all have helped me and thanks for the quick responses. I guess as long as you ask about the real issue at hand you get the help you need! I'm starting to feel good about being here and i will be opening up a little more!.
Thank you Gk for all your help!.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Summer Greenthumb

CanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er planeCanadianDAN ascended to a HIGH-er plane

i know im probably a little late on this one but not only can it heal if you "compress"the wound back together, but i would like to think it may improve growth after it repairs.

Broke main stem where they all meet at the base.

Almost lost the middle of my group.

Held back together with a heavy patio stone. I ended up folding a large sheet of tinfoil into a compact little square and used that so the edge of the patio stone wouldnt cut into the stem as the wind blows the plant around.

I said i like to think it may improve growth because that bush came back and gave me fatter buds than her sister.

Im probably wrong but im just throwing that out there. I know bruising your stem has the same effect.

Hope your plant survived! Good luck.

Last edited by CanadianDAN; 08-15-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Catalyst

Actually I caused the stem to spit I was Trying to bruise and twist it to make it bigger I think its called super-cropping? Her sister is Lst and i noticed the main stem getting thicker so I tried on this one and i probably over did it. It seems to be doing well I haven't supported yet and I put a little tape over the wounds and so far no yellowing of leaves and it's not drooping so I feel it will do ok. And yah that's what I was attempting to fatten up the main stem to make it flow better,bigger stem bigger bud? I hope, I'm still fairly new at this and I'm trying new techniques as I go. But I think they are 2 different strains, so one could like it more than the other, man I'm learning lots and most from here! Thanks for the reassurance.

Last edited by scorpion; 08-16-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Closed Thread