GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Pests and Plant Problems
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Game On!

spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!
Default What are the best/cheapest ways to prevent spider mites?

I've finally got some genetics I care about and want to ensure I'm prepared as the weather starts to get warmer over here.

I know all the basic rules to prevent them, like keeping outdoor pets out of my grow area. Unfortunately my intake ducting is right near an area that leads outside, so I'm going to add some filtration to it.

I have some neem oil on hand from dealing with fungus gnats last year. I also have a sticky trap hanging in the grow tent.

My plants are 45 days into 12/12, expecting to harvest in 4-5 weeks with any luck.

So, what are the good, cheap preventatives that are safe to use throughout the flowering cycle?

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:05 AM
LEE VAN SPLEEF

Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!Psycho D is a Ganja God!

neem. get it.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Game On!

spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!spinkler is a Ganja God!

... Did you only read the topic, Psycho D? I reckon you did.

Thanks never the less! I've got some on hand already. From what I understand it should only be used if I have a problem, correct?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

gizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinkler
... Did you only read the topic, Psycho D? I reckon you did.

Thanks never the less! I've got some on hand already. From what I understand it should only be used if I have a problem, correct?
Then it will be too late.
Neem can be used 2-3 times a week. It is best as a preventative in veg.. It's Organic, so once you get an infestation, It'll be too late for neem. I use neem all the time, and I've yet to have a spidermite problem, and there are a lot of mites here. I wouldn't use it on buds. It's Organic, but it will make your buds taste like shit.
If you have an infestation, chemicals are best, but I wouldn't use chemicals after the 2nd week of budding. Avid, Shuttle and Pyola are some we use on the west coast.
The best way to deal with them is to keep them from your plants in the first place. Use filters if you can. Clean your room after each harvest... clean, clean, clean.
Once you have a problem, you'll play hell to get rid of them. A friend of mine got spidermites 2 years ago, and she still has spidermites. They are hard to get rid of. They are born pregnant. Yes, it only takes one to start a community. Preventative is the key, for me anyway. Neem the plants 2-3 times a week, and clean your room with bleach.
In your case, if your in flower, your screwed. If they're in veg., nuke em, and clean your room. I would find another room if I could (for awhile anyway), but not with those plants. You might have a few hitchhikers on them.
Best of luck.
peace.
G_B
Old 10-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

gizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciplegizmo_barks is a pot desciple
Default What am I thinking?

I forgot about the Hotshot no pest strip. This is supose to work well. even in flower.
peace.
G_B
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM
mud drags champion

mt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THC
Talking sealed room

And a hazmat suit. And a clean room to spray your suit with
But one you have them scorched earth is the best policy
Old 10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
A Fat Sticky Bud

daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"daytrypper is the "Pope of Pot"

I'll vouch for the Hot Shot No Pest Strips, just remember to change them out every 90 days..
Old 10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
down w the moral majority

greenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortalgreenthumbwhitethumb is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

you WILL get mites in your tent, especially if you are pulling straight from outside. there are filters, but they're pricey.

Hot Shot no pest strips are amazing. they emit a gas, ddvp, that wipes out everything. it's nasty stuff though, not good for people, or puppies.

ideally, you would put it in an enclosed space, let it fizz, and shazam, your bugs are gone. we as growers are different, in that we have constant air flow. if you have a high flow in your tent/room, there will be less 'gas' in the air in there, and you will be more susceptible to an invasion.

if you don't have the Hot Shot strips down there, look for something with that ingredient, DDVP. You might have to order them online. I'll mail some to you, if you can't get them shipped for some reason....

hope that helps, i went through this pain this summer, and i wish i had started treating earlier!!! good luck!!!!

peace
GTWT

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are just an imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather..."
Old 10-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Game On!

Thanks so much GTWT! I'll have a look for them the next time I'm at the hydro store. Spring is only just starting at the moment.

My tent vents the exhaust into the same room the cats hang out in.. So I'm not sure if I can have one hanging in there as a preventative measure. For a filter I was just going to stuff the intake ducting with a big bundle of steel wool I have for filling gaps in this old concrete house to keep mice out. I mean, I figured the mites could find their way through if they were determined, but I figured it'd likely be just as difficult for them to do that as walking in our back door.