GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Advanced Cultivation
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

JesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er plane
Cool Correct use of Superthrive

So here we are again people, started up 4 more plants and they are a flourishing! They've reached the 6-8 inch mark, in 6" pots running pro-mix+shrimp compo+bat guano.

I want to top all 4 babies. I learned through discussion with my hydro store fellas that I severely miss used Superthrive my last go around. I was using it on a regular basis rather than only to help with shock recovery. NOW I KNOW how and why my plants got SCORCHED with nute burn!

So my question is this:
What is the correct way to use Superthrive when transplanting and/or supercropping (topping)? Am I to add it along with the rest of my nute regiment or should I simply use SuperT and water for a smoother recovery?

Thanks all!

Peace,
JJb

"The highway is alive tonight, nobody's fooling nobody as to where it goes. I'm sitting down here in the campfire light, searching for the Ghost of Tom Joad..." RATM

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Pot & Poker Enthusiast

nuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THCnuggnester Sweats Pure THC

I'd say if you are transplanting maybe forgoe the nutes the first watering or two and use the superthrive. Great stuff, BTW.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 AM
teamster6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesBond
So here we are again people, started up 4 more plants and they are a flourishing! They've reached the 6-8 inch mark, in 6" pots running pro-mix+shrimp compo+bat guano.

I want to top all 4 babies. I learned through discussion with my hydro store fellas that I severely miss used Superthrive my last go around. I was using it on a regular basis rather than only to help with shock recovery. NOW I KNOW how and why my plants got SCORCHED with nute burn!

So my question is this:
What is the correct way to use Superthrive when transplanting and/or supercropping (topping)? Am I to add it along with the rest of my nute regiment or should I simply use SuperT and water for a smoother recovery?

Thanks all!

Peace,
JJb

Fill us in on the nute burn of your plants. Do you think it was caused by useing the superthrive? I use a small amount in my aero cloner and have noticed it will drive the ph up rapidly. It does however not contain any nutes.

Teamster6
Old 11-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Veggy Stage

bamboo makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummybamboo makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummybamboo makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummybamboo makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummybamboo makes Ed Rosenthall look like a dummy

HI JESSE I USE IT OR MY SEEDLINGS AND SOAKING ANY SEEDS OVERNIGHT.MY YOUNG PLANTS GET A FEW DROPS EVERY TWO WEEKS .IT SEEMS TO GIVE THEM A BIT OF A BOOST AND IT WILL HELP THEM HANDLE STRESS BETTER.I STOP WHEN THEY GO TO THE FLOWER ROOM.:beerchug-2:
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Filthy Floozie
| My GK Garden |

THSea has a few good grows under the beltTHSea has a few good grows under the belt

Hey JJB. I've always just mixed 1 capful of ST into a gallon of water. I used it every other watering, mixed in with my nute regimen, balanced the pH of said mixture before watering and never had any negative results. Maybe I was just lucky? I also used ST and fertilized immediately when I transplanted. Again, never had any negative results. I think it just comes down to different strains being more or less finicky and making sure not to over-do it with the ferts / chems. Balancing pH everytime you water also helps tremendously.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Veggy Stage

luvtogrow  gives out some good pointers on growing

Quote:
Originally Posted by THSea
Hey JJB. I've always just mixed 1 capful of ST into a gallon of water. I used it every other watering, mixed in with my nute regimen, balanced the pH of said mixture before watering and never had any negative results. Maybe I was just lucky? I also used ST and fertilized immediately when I transplanted. Again, never had any negative results. I think it just comes down to different strains being more or less finicky and making sure not to over-do it with the ferts / chems. Balancing pH everytime you water also helps tremendously.
1 capful per gallon of water is a gigantic amount imo, a damaging amount.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

JesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er plane
Default Well...

A cap full per gallon does sound a like a bit much. I once put 1ml into 1 liter and scorched the shit outta my plants, but who knows... It would also help to know what size bottle of ST you use. They come in 4-5 sizes, so if you have the tiny lil 3-4oz bottle like I do its one thing. If you buy it a quart at a time, its totally another...

"The highway is alive tonight, nobody's fooling nobody as to where it goes. I'm sitting down here in the campfire light, searching for the Ghost of Tom Joad..." RATM
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 AM
A Fat Sticky Bud

SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!SirStynkalot is a Ganja God!

you're kidding, right?

you're supposed to use either 1 or 5 drops per gallon. it may alter the Ph at those levels you put in, sure, but in recommended doses for potted plants it doesn't. a capful is enough for a big ass tree.

Superthrive is basically male plant hormones. think plant testosterone. you are growing female plants. if you put superthrive on seeds, you are more likely to get hermies or male plants. I don't use my superthrive anymore, but if I were to use it on anything it would basically be 1 drop per gallon in a bubble or aero cloner. developing roots on plants that are already sexed, well before they go into flowering.

if you want massive stress reducers for transplanting, look into beneficial bacteria or B vitamin supplements. more expensive but much safer to the plant's genetics and much better results.

as an aside, superthrive also delays flowering. don't know if you guys realized that, but, as I recall, if you use superthrive on seeds or young unsexed plants, they ideally need to get at least 6 weeks old in order to make the transition to flowering smoothly.

THIS PRODUCT IS DESIGNED FOR ORNAMENTALS AND VEGETABLES, NOT MARIJUANA.

In other words, IMO the correct use of Superthrive is... not at all.

If you're transplanting, I have no idea. I'd split the difference, use half of full strength nutes, and light SuperT.

Believe nothing that comes from my mouth or fingertips.

Now that that's out of the way, if you wear pants while gardening you're doing it wrong.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Sweet Guy

EvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalEvilSkuzzi is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStynkalot
Superthrive is basically male plant hormones. think plant testosterone. you are growing female plants. if you put superthrive on seeds, you are more likely to get hermies or male plants. I don't use my superthrive anymore, but if I were to use it on anything it would basically be 1 drop per gallon in a bubble or aero cloner. developing roots on plants that are already sexed, well before they go into flowering.
Who told you that? Male plant hormone?

True, ST has plant hormones and vitamins etc, but its no plant testosterone! ST is like vitamin tables for humans. It has zero nute value, but is supposed to encourage fast growth and help with stress.

It in NO WAY will cause a seed to be male or hermie!

Iíve never seen plants get fried by it either. Iíve seen numerous grows that have used ST start to finish and at every watering at the amounts stated on the bottle. Each and every grow had zero problems and def no hermies.

ST is a bit of a hype product if you ask me. Just look at the bottle and the card it comes attached too, but itís not uber dangerous to MJ.
Of smoking Port Rocky, Soapbar or Gold Seal,
Smoke Rocky in a bong, bucket or hot-knives,
Bake it in a cake for your mam as a surprise,
I smoke Green, and its gone in an instant,
But Soapbar last, cause itís fucking consistent!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Developed Alternating Nodes

zog smokes from a silver hookazog smokes from a silver hookazog smokes from a silver hookazog smokes from a silver hookazog smokes from a silver hookazog smokes from a silver hooka

I have used ST on a limited basis. Basically when transplanting,only use about 2-3 drops per gallon,and honestly cant tell if it made a difference or not,all i know is the stuff smells like shit.