GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Public Board > DIY
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 09-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Burning in Lasagna Hell

ChronixGrower11 has a few good grows under the beltChronixGrower11 has a few good grows under the belt
Default 150w Hps microbox

I've got some plans I wanted to run by you all and see what you think. I'm big into micro grows myself so this is what my plans are. 42in High x 21in Wide x 21in Deep.
I want to build a full frame for it so that the door will have a nice lip to sit against the weather stripping. The entire inside will be caulked when finished and painted white until I can afford mylar.
Will a 150w be capable of lighting a space this size? This has to be as stealth as possible.
Another consideration is ventilation. I may add 4 inches to the height for a top shelf where I can mount the fans/ controller and run wires etc.

Let me know if I'm on the right track here.

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Civilly disobedient/Mod

ResinRubber has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronixGrower11 View Post
I've got some plans I wanted to run by you all and see what you think. I'm big into micro grows myself so this is what my plans are. 42in High x 21in Wide x 21in Deep.
I want to build a full frame for it so that the door will have a nice lip to sit against the weather stripping. The entire inside will be caulked when finished and painted white until I can afford mylar.
Will a 150w be capable of lighting a space this size? This has to be as stealth as possible.
Another consideration is ventilation. I may add 4 inches to the height for a top shelf where I can mount the fans/ controller and run wires etc.

Let me know if I'm on the right track here.
It's very doable. Lots of chronicled builds and micro gardens online. At 150W HID over 3 square feet you're right on target. After choosing a design research SCROG and SOG grows to make the best use of the limited penetration of a 150W lamp.

You NEED to address ventilation. You might be able to get away with a 200mm case fan to control temp but odor will still be an issue.

"...Nobody ever died from marijuana that wasn't shot by a cop" Jack Herer

"When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden." Minnie Aumonier

"In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Dissenting Opinion Raich v Gonzales

Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM
In The Spirit Realm

ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!ShadowWarrior is a Ganja God!

I'm using a 150w HPS to get my plants started or doing 12/12 from seed micro grows.

I can tell you light retention and ventilation are going to be issues you need to address.

I strongly advise you to invest in mylar or panda film, and a couple of small desk fans.

Reasons for both of these are as follows:

1- Reflective material: Being such a small lamp, you want as much light as possible to be reflected back to the plant to maximize the lamp's potential by sending more light to the lower leaves.

2: Ventilation: Keeping fresh air flowing in and out of you mini-grow cabinet/closet/whatever will help the plants to expell their waste-by products such as hydrogen. This helps the plants to breathe and encourages their immune systems to be stronger and absorb more nutrients and light. It also will help control the heat, as these small lamps may not look like much, they still produce plenty of heat to stress and kill young plants without proper air flow.

Also, on air flow, I like 2 small in-going fans for every out-going fan.

I put the in-going air at top and bottom. Canopy and floor; and the out-going at about center height. The two in-going fans will help to mix the warm rising air with cooler air near the floor, and the center out-going fan sucks that air out-ward taking the waste-products(plant-produced gases) with it.

Grow on.

Last edited by ShadowWarrior; 09-21-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: additional tips
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Young Bud of GK
| My GK Garden |

that gringo has a few good grows under the beltthat gringo has a few good grows under the belt

im actually thinking about doing one of these myself....i was looking at this http://texashydroponics.com/shop/pro...0&cat=3&page=1
was gonna get it with a/c cooling and the glass...would it still get hot in there with the a/c?.....that setup is pretty dope ShadowWarrior
Old 02-27-2013, 01:49 AM
Vegetating
| My GK Garden |

Bje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot descipleBje4201 is a pot desciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by that gringo View Post
im actually thinking about doing one of these myself....i was looking at this http://texashydroponics.com/shop/pro...0&cat=3&page=1
was gonna get it with a/c cooling and the glass...would it still get hot in there with the a/c?.....that setup is pretty dope ShadowWarrior
I got this one off eBay for about for about $115.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (136.6 KB, 11 views)

I'm here to drink beer and f**ck bi**hes. And I'm all out of beer.