GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Public Board > Hash and Oil
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Germinating

neoublie1987 likes being stoned in the corner
Question can I use moldy/mildew buds and trim for hash extraction

I have some popcorn and trim that has some spider mites/mildew.can i use this for any kind of hash?Does the alcohol iso kill mold and mildew?I heard that when bho is filtered fine enough that the mold/mildew is left behind?Can i make cold water if i use 25 micron will any mildew,mold or spider mite leftovers get in my bubble hash.I just dont want to throw all this away?Any advice or other safe methods will really help.Thank YOu

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
preachin' and pimpin'

nippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoublie1987 View Post
I have some popcorn and trim that has some spider mites/mildew.can i use this for any kind of hash?Does the alcohol iso kill mold and mildew?I heard that when bho is filtered fine enough that the mold/mildew is left behind?Can i make cold water if i use 25 micron will any mildew,mold or spider mite leftovers get in my bubble hash.I just dont want to throw all this away?Any advice or other safe methods will really help.Thank YOu
Prob should smoke it, but iso should kill the spores. Freeze for 24-48 hours before hash to ensure all is dead.

I dont think the spider mites would be bad as they would get caught in a filter, but the mold would prob. get through.

I defin wouldn't do bubble hash unless you are using the finest bag avail even then I would worry.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing......Socrates
Old 09-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Germinating

thank you for taking the time to respond.I will try some iso and let you know how it turns out.Im going to do little more studying for bho.Id like to use that process but it is more of hassle.I asked a buddy and he uses coffee filters and exclaims no pests/mildew get through.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!

you can bho moldy,pesty,nasty buds....
Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Germinating
| My GK Garden |

olyhighlife likes being stoned in the corner

Freezing only slows fungus and bacteria.. ISO should leave you with sterile hash
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Germinating

i thought of doing a quick iso flush after using bho method.i have gotten some beautiful golden bho wax before .using iso gets me dark green or black hash.
would the iso flush turn the wax darker?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!Stash2.0 is a Ganja God!

I've seen no benefits of a iso "rinse" on the BHO. curious about nippies process.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 AM
preachin' and pimpin'

nippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortalnippie is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

not my process, I was wondering about it myself.

read about it, never fully tried it.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Germinating

how can i see if mold spores got through my filters? i would need a microscope right?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 AM
preachin' and pimpin'

no, prob wouldn't know what you are looking for.

I would defer to stash on this, if he's says it's ok then more than likely its all good.

I'm thinking you would need around a 20 micron filter to get the spores out, but if there dead you prob wouldn't have troubles anyways.

my first post should say shouldn't but oh well.

I have used iso to collect bho from a pyrex dish before and it turned into almost a iso hash instead of bho. No clue why but there may have a mixture of the two on the plant and the darker charc took over