GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum  

Go Back   GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum > Cultivation > Advanced Cultivation
Support GrowKind Donate BTC: 1B6z6UHuuadQ9Cseu3H5VyQpKEKchC19fF

Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Veggy Stage

OldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hooka
Default Transplant depth, How much stem can I bury?

Hi All,

I'd like to know if it's acceptable to bury the stem of a plant just about all the way to the first node when transplanting it to a larger pot. The way I figure it, every inch deeper into the dirt (or perlite, in my case) is an inch more of plant before it's too tall for the cabinet. Or am I wrong?

Thanks, in advance,

OldSmokey

WANT THE BIGGEST HIT POSSIBLE?? Vaporize! Because of the cool mist nature of vapor that the Vaporbrothers produces you will be able to take bigger hits and hold them longer than with any bong, iced or otherwise. Take the challenge, but do it sitting down! Support GrowKind by buying from Vaporwarehouse.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Germinating

I8ntLucky_UR has a few good grows under the beltI8ntLucky_UR has a few good grows under the belt

You can bury them as much as you want they will sprout roots all the way along the stalk once buried.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Ruminating

Hank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalHank Chinaski is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ntLucky_UR View Post
You can bury them as much as you want they will sprout roots all the way along the stalk once buried.
Just don't bury the whole thing!

- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

"I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world."

- Walt Whitman
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 AM
mud drags champion

mt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THCmt.king Sweats Pure THC
Default as a general rule

1 third of exposed plant just like tomatoes and it's actually better to burry like that make sense to for less likely to fall over and pull the roots out
Old 11-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Germinating

I8ntLucky_UR has a few good grows under the beltI8ntLucky_UR has a few good grows under the belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Just don't bury the whole thing!

That's a good one.

But, this plant never surprises me how resilient it is and it's need to push for survival and flourish. Might be a good experiment one day to try, I'd give it even money it would break ground once again.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:53 AM
Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

JesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er planeJesseJamesBond ascended to a HIGH-er plane

As deep as you can while making sure to leave enough growing space underneath your fresh transplant.

i.e. Going from 3" pots to 6"pots, you would make sure you have at least 2"-3" of medium (in my case, soil mix) underneath your 3" pot cube.

What size pots are you in and going to?

"The highway is alive tonight, nobody's fooling nobody as to where it goes. I'm sitting down here in the campfire light, searching for the Ghost of Tom Joad..." RATM
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Veggy Stage

OldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hookaOldSmokey smokes from the golden hooka

I intend to give Hempy pots a try, using straight perlite, in 3 gallon pots. From what I hear about Hempy having a delay before the roots reach the reservoir, I figured that getting the roots closer to the reservoir to begin with might help speed things along, in addition to allowing a couple more inches of useful height on the plants. I didn't think about the added benefit of making the rooting sturdier, but that's a good thing too.

Sounds like a plan.

Thank you all for your comments.

OS
Old 12-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Full Flowering
| My GK Garden |

Confused420 has a few good grows under the beltConfused420 has a few good grows under the belt

i used to love to bury the first branch so it was sticking half out of the ground then split it off latter and use it as another plant, but switching to hydro and improved cloning skills have made that unnecessary

I Like Bananas Because they have no bones
Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Blazed and Confused

Bigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK ImmortalBigbud214 is a Pot Growing GK Immortal

Bury that sucker as deep as you can up to the first node. The stalk will generate new root growth alnog the buried stem. But As JJB mentioned allow adequate new medium for for root growth. You said your using perlite... does that mean you are growing hempy? If hempy bury the plant so the longer roots are just to the ressy. Then you dont have to wait for roots to grow to it.