2 bucket RDWC build and grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by greenjah, Aug 16, 2011.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Water change was also yesterday so I did my mix of water, epsom salts, 1/2 strength sensizym and 75 ml of ph down, that brought the ph to 5.2. Thismorning the PH was back to 6.4 and the water was a bit foggy(it may be from the PH down and sensizym i didnt really notice yesterday), that is when i checked water temps and decided to make the chiller. So today is when I add the nutes, I have to go get some more micro and also would like your guys's opinion on weather I should change the water again because of the fogyness and also should I just get some HygrowZym and say screw the sensizym?

well here is a pic of one week after the last ones, they are doing good.

[​IMG]

2. greenjah

well I went and got the micro and some PH calibrating solution and it turs out my PH meter was pretty far off, after i added 10 ml of Ph down after it was 6.4 before I calibrated it was 4.6 after, so I just am experomenting and put the nutes in anyway and if it is still really low tomorrow I will just put new water in and do it again.

The chiller is working well though, the room temps in my veg area are pretty hot so it has been on since I posted earlier and the water is at 68 right now, I will see soon if i will have to put it on a timer

3. greenjah

PH was up to 5.1 today even after the oops with the calibration so I just went ahead and put 8 ML of PH up instead of replacing the water. Once the PH was up the foggyness actually went away. We'll see how it dose for a few days. I will probably only leave them in veg for 1 more week and then its show time.

4. greenjah

We are now 3 weeks in and looking good for the blue dream, I think the King kush didn't like as strong of nutes so it's new growth got kinda wrinkley and light green so I backed off on the nutes and it is getting better, it's a pretty stragly plant also, I will probly do just blue dream in the next RDWC. Anyway so I am going to leave them in veg for another week and 2 days until my next 4 in dirt are out from under the 1000 watt.

Also Usless's alternative of PHing to 5.5 before adding nutes seems to be doing very well, and the home made chiller is working good, with this cool weather I went from having it on for an hour then off for an hour to having it on for a half hour and off for an hour and a half.

Here is the blue dream 3 weeks in

[​IMG]

The King Kush

[​IMG]

King Kush tips, mostly recovered.

[​IMG]

Here is just a pic of what i got going on in the flower room, as you can see it is a HUGE Improvement from not long ago thanks to all you guys.

[​IMG]

5. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

O wow GreenJah your flower room and the plants look very good. :flyy:

Im watching this. :popcorn-2:

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:popcorn-2: This is a good looking garden!

7. greenjah

Thanks guys, like i said I have you guys to thank for the majority of my fixed problems, :passsit: Here's one to you guys.

8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:thumbs-up: :popcorn-2: :bong-2:

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Looking great!!

How's the PH issue, are you still fighting that battle??

I myself gave up..system runs at 6.2 like a clock, when I knock it down to 5.8 it goes right back within 12 hours. It wont go over 6.2 after the the first day with nutes though.

Got my popcorn on this one

:popcorn-2:

10. greenjah

nippie, I did adjust to 5.5 with the water before adding nutes and it brought it to 5.8 after adding them and it took a day or 2 but same thing, it has risen to 6.2 and staying.

Well I have decided I need the room in my veg area so I slid my 4 that will be done in a week together to make room for the 2 buckets under the 1000 on the light rail.

Any opinions on sliding them together since the light will penitrate less just for the last week? (Just for my future reference to time things better.) I have to do it this time otherwise my dirt grows timing will get screwed up.

The King Kush is looking completely recovered from the light green wrinkled leaves also so we'll see how it dose.

Also I will do the usual with water tonight and add nutes tomorrow and I will be using Bushmaster. I have been told different ways to use it. In my dirt I use full strength nutes and full strength Bushmaster. I am thinking full strength nutes and half strength Bushmaster for the hydro, do you guys agree? (Useless formula) Full strength meaning the 3/4 strength that I will be using throughout the grow.

11. greenjah

no sugdestions on the BM? Im starting it tomorrow morning.

12. nippie

Dont know what to say to that.

I've just used BM without nutes (basically on a scheduled ph'd watering day) at full strength. I did use it half strength twice in a row before and didn't really see a difference in final height.

You are talking about RDWC correct? Get a hold of one the Stealer's fans that hang out here

13. greenjah

Yes it's RDWC. It probably didnt work to well for you cause of only using it 1 day, Im pretty sure you have to use it for at least 4 days, I will use it the whole first week because of the sativa diminance in the blue dream and the King Kush just looks like a stretcher, Im not likeing the King Kush in this one, I shouldnt have mixed the 2 strains in a hydro until I knew how each one liked to feed on its own.

14. nippie

No I should clarify...

I ran it twice at half strength and didn't notice a diff than running it once at full strength. It was on hempys a few mnths ago, got drunk, fucked up my formula but in the end, they wasn't a major difference that what I normally see in height.

I love bushmaster and I use it even on Indys just as insurance. Ive never ran it with nutes so I'll be interested in the results. I guess with RDWC you have to run it with nutes... that or change water twice in a week.

15. greenjah

here is 1 week into flower, has a bit of twisting from the BM but it will recover. Next time I will go 1/2 strength nutes and half strength BM and see if they dont twist.

both[​IMG]

Blue Dream

[​IMG]

King Kush

[​IMG]

For those of you who have read my post about the water problems yes it happens in this system also.

HeadCase likes this.
  16. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Sweet set-up don't know how I missed this one:popcorn-2: :popcorn-2: -Bud

17. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

You were on the other forum watching sex videos:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:
    t6

18. greenjah

:dog-nana:Those damn things, There always trying to get my credit card number:roffl:

19. greenjah

lets see if i can get this done through photobucket.

they are now 4 weeks 3 days in.

these pics are from about 3 and a half weeks though.

this is the king kush top, i had to bend it cause it was hitting the light.

[​IMG]

here is the blue dream, it dosnt seem to really be growing much. I had i little problem when i switched to RO water. The day after I switched there was an outbreak of something. everything was covered in I think that iron algie including the roots really bad. I took out the plants and put them in RO water with sensizime for and hour or 2 and while they were in that I washed the system out with hot water and bleach and flushed clean water through a few times, also I changed my white ressy bucket to black for light proof. no problems since and the roots look good but the blue dream dosnt seem to be getting much bud. I guess we will see.

[​IMG]

here is the 2 of them.[​IMG]

and just for the hell of it here is most of the flower room again. the ones on the left back are about to be harvested.

[​IMG]

and just for your viewing pleasure here is my outdoor for this year witch i will be harvesting tomorrow.

this is goo

[​IMG]

another goo

[​IMG]

the rest are just bagseed (the big ones) that were planted last year and I kept clones through the winter because it was a good yielding strain and decent smoke. the short ones are goo and purple train wreck and the skinny ones are the bagseed and a crappy white widdow mix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a walking 22 oz can :roffl:

[​IMG]

Rollinbonz likes this.
  20. Rollinbonz

Rollinbonz Baptised By Satan

Sweet set up Green and absolutely lovin' the purple in the goo...ass kickn' :popcorn-2::good job::thumbs-up:

Looks like your in for a sweet pull from that outdoor garden...I'm pretty jealous right now, would love to have a place to grow outdoors.

:passsit: