2016 greenhouse

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Dec 15, 2015.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

A bit early but I figured i should start a new thread for these.

These will be vegged until Feb. 7th

[​IMG]

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

This is going to be another good one.

3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

pulling up a chair. How many bales of promix did it take for all those ?

4. greenjah

40 bails, I'm not looking forward to next years 300 gal. pots.

These are 45 gal.

8 of these are smart pots, im gonna change all of them over next year if they do good. I will save 5 or so bails, the smart pots take a bit under a full bail and the others take a whole one.

5. greenjah

Getting some nice reusable trellises built this year.

[​IMG]

hoping to make the switch to advanced nutrients soon.

I am testing at 1/4 strength in the basement right now. I will go up to a third strength after I transplant it to a 5 gal pot. If it likes that strength I will start the greenhouse on it and slowly strengthen the one in the basement to see how strong it will take, I've always heard advanced is way to strong at the strength on the nutrient calculator.

Does anyone know if plants in a co2 enriched room will take a stronger nutrient mix without burning?

I just need to make sure my test in the basement will give me accurate results since the greenhouse is not co2 enriched and the basement is. I will turn co2 off if necessary.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

One day I will doing this, one day.

Thank you greengah for keeping a dream alive lol

And can't wait to see this as always.

Btw, no hid in there? Just cfl?

7. greenjah

Ya just the cfl's. I have them on from 4 pm to 9 pm and back on again at 3 am till 7 am.

I turn them off a week into feb. to let them flower.

8. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

Is that a new green house or did you put a floor in?

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

this is going to be awesome.

10. greenjah

Same house as last winter just added more fill sand and the floor, it seems to help with the heat and hopefully the humidity.

I sure hope it will be an awesome one to RR.

I did have a bit of a problem. It seemed to take more acid then normal to lower the ph yesterday and the water seemed a bit funny looking, I figured it was just some mud in the water and went ahead and fed them.

I brought some of it home just to make sure my ph meter was ok and of coarse the ph of the solution was 3.6.

I hope the promix will buffer that out, i am going to get another one of those blue lab units i have on the hydro table so I can keep a closer eye on it when I make the switch to advanced.

The plan is to do plain water next watering and switch to advanced the following watering.

11. Danielraws

Danielraws Germinating

test

test

12. greenjah

Finally got them all done. Now we just need some sun, it has been a warm winter but no sun, its been over a week since ive even seen the sun, there was 2 days of it and they grew like 3 inches, in the week since they have barely grown an inch.

Well here they are.

[​IMG]

13. greenjah

I am having a bit of something going on with my test subjects.

I am testing the advanced nutrients line on these to get a good mix down before using it on the greenhouse. My best guess is the begining of Mg deficiency but they have not been in these pots for long and i do give them calmag at half strength (it is advanced nutrients calmag)

I am using the 3 part system at 1/3 strenght with b52 and voodo juice also at 1/3 strength. The voodo juice i think is just a root enhancer and it says to use it just for 2 weeks but i have continued to use it a bit longer because i fugure i should use it for 2 weeks after every transplant not just the first 2 weeks period.

ppm- 900

Ph- 6.0

Water- ro

Air temp- 67

Humidity- 40%

[​IMG]

any ideas? I have to have this mix perfect before using it on the greenhouse.

14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

your ph is too low. put it at 6.5

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Biting my tongue so hard it's bleeding to avoid a general commentary on AN's product line.

Look up the MSDS for Voodoo Juice and you'll find this; Ethylenediaminetetraacetate acid (EDTA). Guessing AN uses it as an inhibitor to control bacillus growth while on the shelf. It also acts as a chelating agent and binds with.... wait for it......... Ca and Mg. Now I'm not saying this is the source of troubles, just a possibility to look at if you've been exceeding AN use guidelines since EDTA degrades very slowly and can build up from over use.

You're working with lots of acids in Voodoo and B-52. EDTA, folic acid, humic acid. All can be good for a garden, but start layering them and funky shit can happen. B-52 also adds Ca and Mg so trying to figure out why AN has a suggested Cal/Mag supplement too? Could it be they overlap product coverage with excess shit so people are forced into a never ending cycle of circular marketing of overpriced miracle mixtures? (uh oh...bleeding tongue started flapping, sorry. I'll chomp down harder next time.)

And yes, like blazerwill said, the initial ph is too low. Greenhouse is looking bombtastic btw. Fucking impressive my friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  16. greenjah

They say the calmag is unnecessary but i used it anyway since i have always used GH calmag at full strength. I will go ahead and cut that out and see what happens. I will also cut out the voodo and only use it for 2 weeks like they say in the feed schedule.

So far it is only the 1 strain also so we will see if the other 3 do it.

17. greenjah

Just a thought here, does anyone have experience with fox farm liquid fertilizer?

It would be awesome to be able to grow organic without having to mix 15,000 gallons of soil.

Also if anyone has used it is it good with just the base nutrients or should i use some of there additives.

18. greenjah

Was doing some reading and it looks like big bloom is the only one that is organic.

Still seems a bit easyer then using advanced. I just use 2 parts for veg and 3 for flower plus one additive, there are three additives but only one gets used at a time in flower only.

Anyway ide like to hear from anyone who has used it. I am thinking i can actually go full strength according to there schedule.

Also if anyone does use a true organic liquid line i would like to hear about it, i would really like to go organic but do not have the time or equipement to mix dirt, and i like to use pure promix because it has lots of air.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  19. greenjah

Just a few pic's.

Wish we would get some sun, they are growing so slow.

We have had less then 5 days that had any decent amount of sun this whole fall and winter. It has been warm witch im glad for but its rain snow rain snow and thick dark clouds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. greenjah

I gave the test subjects there advanced nutrients at half strength today, it is around 740ppm.

How long would you guys suggest waiting after i fed to know that it has not burnt them.

I have been lucky enough to never of burnt a plant so i dont know how long it takes