2016 greenhouse

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Dec 15, 2015.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

So how do i get to my threads that i started other then searching it?

Also wanted to share my new dirt grinder, made from scratch of coarse. I have 180 cubes of promix to break up and was not going to do it by hand.

I still have to cover it for safety and so it dosnt throw it every day.

Does anyone know if promix can be broke up to good? The peralite is still normal so im thinking its ok but it is just so perfect im worried the rest of it may be to small and will settle to much and have less space for oxygen.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Looks good. I was going to buy a used cement mixer this summer. Hate that chore.

3. greenjah

Ive heard cement mixers work but i needed a big one and they were to expencive and heavy. I can wheel this thing around to each pot without even moving the trellises.

For single cubes that is the way to go though.

Ive got most everything going now, im 2 weeks later then i wanted but they are already 4 to 5 ft tall. I just have to water them a couple times a day until the roots get out into the new dirt, a 5 ft plant sucks the water out of a 5 gal pot in just a couple hours.

4. greenjah

Going to try to add some pics, got everything in about a week ago.I think i am finally finding out what that drooping problem i have every year is.It is the same strains as last year and it is when there is cold nights that it happens. Sadly once there has been a couple cold nights all the main tops get a stiff droop and they never recover, even the new growth out of those tops will grow slow and with that droop, this year i will leave them until the cool nights are gone and then will have to cut all the affected tops so the lower small unaffected tops can take over.The good news is that the new big house is able to be closed up at night and it must keep them warm enough because even the LSD wich is the one that gets really bad has not been affected ever since they were put in the new house.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

/monthly_2016_06/image.jpeg.e3325e65b603a367cd0e50b380f99afd.jpeg

/monthly_2016_06/image.jpeg.caeb0aa501e7b93fd8e6d6b9ac3308bb.jpeg

/monthly_2016_06/image.jpeg.b8e7ca0c66e4617d4488f8b0a393fb0b.jpeg

5. ResinRubber

Off the hook dude. Such space and light. Holy shit...

6. greenjah

Yes lots of space was my goal, i was sick of squeezing between and crawling under plants just to water them. Here i can get things done twice as fast, spray much more thorough, and it makes for much better ventilation. Now i have much more time for the little things like pruning and just being able to observe witch in the end are not little things and it will show in the quality.

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

greenjah that new greenhouse is sweet! You sure have the room now. :coolbounce:

8. greenjah

It looks much easier to post pics for me no so ill give it a try.
    Just a couple from a couple weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will take some current ones hopefully today and post them tonight.
    Right now the tallest ones are 11 ft tall and about the same around, i started week one flower last monday.

9. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Wow, that would be a band field trip place. As our singer would say Lol. Nice set up. Plenty of room and all the tools-experience for another good run.

So, outside, the above or raised beds, (the fab pots), what is the main reason for this instead of planting in ground. Is it the ease of changing soil out every year? Better pest control?

10. greenjah

I like the use of pure promix, more air to the soil. Also the stems being a bit up seems to get better air flow, i have not have one of these stems start to rot yet. At the other farm i have three already that i spray the stem with h2o2 every day because the stems started to rot.
    Also i have a bad back, very painful to work lower to the ground.
    I also have a large plant in the ground that would have produced at least 5 lbs and one day its fine and the next it was not taking up any water and basicly died, just the very tips have a small amount of perkiness. Im guessing it must be a soil pest. I had one do the same thing two years ago, i dont see any other option other then something getting into the main roots or stem.

bigbudztoo likes this.
  11. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Place is looking sharp. How many strains you have going ?

12. greenjah

10 in this greenhouse.
    G-13
    Purple reign
    White widdow
    Chem dawg
    Alien og
    Gorilla glue #4
    Master kush
    Blue dream
    Bubble gum X
    LSD (Lake Shore Drive)

13. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Nice bunch of choices there. Have you tried that Gorilla glue 4 yet ?
    Hoping to get a cut of that someday and see if it stands up to all the hype.

14. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

That's a nice collection and an impressive greenhouse, Greenjah. I'm looking forward to seeing the stretch of those 11 footers.

15. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Good ol G13, my first grow, its a classic for sure. That bud in my avatar pic is G13. I am waiting to see if my OG13 is close to the same.

Are all those clones or from seed?
    I take it, its alot of topping to get so bushy goodness?

16. greenjah

Got a few pics from today, a few are starting to show little buds.

[​IMG]

Each rain barrel is 1550 gal, the little one on the right is a 550 for mixing fertalizer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Beautiful set up for sure! Makes me grin like a kid locked in a candy store. That's what I want to do in the near future. Hopefully.:cool:

18. ResinRubber

makes me really hate my lights and electric bill. Doing it right Greenjah.

19. greenjah

I had to increase my watering from 16 gal to 26 gal because they were getting dry every day. Even at 16 gal it was 2.5 min per plant and it takes just over 4 min to get 26 gal, at that time and 30 plants it would take me 2.5 hours just to water so i came up with this. I just turn it on and set a timer for 4 min and go do other work witch right now is tying up hundreds of branches that didnt quite make it to the second layer of trellis or cutting out of thousands of inner useless branches.
    Works very well and i get lots more work done

[​IMG]

20. ResinRubber

Did you build an irrigation system or a watering wand?