Actively Aerated Microbial Rich Tea Solution

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Midnight Garden, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Actively Aerated Microbial Rich Tea Solution

Ingredients

1. 1lb worm castings or vermiblend (castings, compost or humus).

2. 2 TBS molasses.

3. 1 TBS soy-ful, A liquid plant nutrient produced from fermented soybeans to be used as part of a complete fertilization program through all stages of plant development.

4. 1 TBS humic acid.

5. 1 TBS fish hydrolysate (optional).

6. 2 TBS organic soluble seaweed.

7. 2 TBS earth juice catalyst.

8. 2 TBS primal harvest solution guano.

9. 2 TBS mycorrhizae (add in at the end of the brewing cycle, long term aereation will destroy the mycorrihizal hyphae).

10. 5 gallons of lukewarm reverse osmosis water or distilled water (tap water contains chlorine and chloramines, these will kill the microbial populations you are trying to breed).

Pre Activate Fungi In Microbial Media (compost, castings, humus)

To pre activate add 6 TBS of powdered baby oatmeal to dry media. Thoroughly mix, add just enough filtered water to achieve a drop or two of discharge when squeezing a handful. Let set for three days in darkness, preferably at 80 degrees F. A heat mat with a thermostat placed at the bottom of the container works well to achieve this. If visible fungal mycelia have formed, (a dense fluffy white blanket), continue with the brewing process. This process will increase the beneficial fungal populations in the tea.

Brewing and Application rates

The aeration should be apparent and diffuse over the entire surface area of the container, the more air the better.

1. Add microbial foods (ingredients 2 thru 8 and 10).

2. Mix well and add airstones in bottom of bucket.

3. Add ingredient number 1, worm castings, compost or humus, place in stocking if tea will be used for foliar feeding.

4. Begin brewing cycle.

5. Let cycle run for 24 to 36 hours.

6. Dilute one cup per gallon of filtered water to get the most out of your tea, or use straight as it has no capability of burning.

7. Water or foliar feed within 4 hours of completion for highest microbial activity, or store for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.

8. Important – Tea should smell earthy fresh and like good compost or healthy soil, if smell is foul like spoiled milk or vomit the tea has gone anaerobic and should not be used.

ResinRubber likes this.
  2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

This is something I have been wanting to do for a while now. I plan to setup a Microbial Compost Tea Brewing Station in a month or so. Organics rock! I'll be able to always have a supply of tea for my outdoor ad indoor garden.

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Great info MG as I have been wanting to rew a tea for my soil plants. This is th first ive heard putting the myco in at the end... as well as the preactivate step.

4. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Good find Midnight! :goodjob:

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Awesome recipe MG , Thanks for posting up brother.:thumbsup:

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Nice!

that one I posted last week for Hydro use is working like a magician, im amazed how the teas work

8. Midnight Garden

I think you should make your soil recipe a sticky too.

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Thanks man. Think I will.

10. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

all the best growers i know use a tea....

11. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

So, do you need a certain setup to make this or can it be done with just a bucket, lid, and some airstones?

12. Midnight Garden

All you need is the bucket, airstone and a lid.

13. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Alright cool, thanks midnight. I was hoping so, nice and cheap-lol-I got it all except the ingredients. I think it's time to brew a lil tea!!

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'm gonna get ingredients for a tea today. I'll post up what I end up with and I'll probably have some more questions as I go, but this thread was what got me interested in teas. I may come back with a slightly different recipe. I've been reading a lot of different recipes and I think I have a grasp on what needs to go into it.

15. Midnight Garden

I've been making tea recently for my tomatoes. I took a big pile of compost from my composter, put it in a bucket with some water and an air stone and let it bubble for three days. The stuff is working great.

16. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I'm with you ras, looking for ingredients right now. So far al I can find is the bucket. HD an lowes ain't got shite. Hittin the nursery next. They at least have castings

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Yeah HD and Lowes are good for some stuff but for a good selection of amendments you gotta go to a good nursery or grow store.

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Question? Do you pH adjust your Tea before feeding?

19. Midnight Garden

I've only used it for outdoor crops and I never ph anything I grow outside. If I were using it for inside I don't think I'd ph it either and ph'ing it may actually kill beneficial microbes.

20. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I was wondering if it would work in a hempy, my concern is since the water sits in the bottom with the roots in it, would it stagnate and cause rot or other issues? I'm not EVEN gonna think of putting it in a dwc, all I see there are problems, especially with the temp issue I've got. Oh, midnight, I swung through Walmart. Took some pics if the larger ore made hempy pots. I'll post them up in a bit, probably in the "red stem" log.