additives poll

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by nippie, Sep 29, 2015.

?

additives poll

1. I run Organics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I run Conventional (synthetic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I supplement my feeds with additives

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I just rock the basic formula (with possibly cal-mag, bloom boaster)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I add bacteria/Fungus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I run sterile (add h2o2 or other means)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Please take the time to vote above.

choose one answer between each set of questions in the above poll

Who's rocking organic vs conventional

who does additives vs basic N-P-K

Who adds bacteria, fungus vs who runs a clean room (sterile)

2. nippie

damn almost equally split, I should have asked hydro vs soil as well..

interesting

3. DXE

DXE Moderator

Organic and Soil - not sure how you would do hydro and organic - most organic additives are pretty viscous and would gum up the works.....

4. nippie

there is no such thing as organic and hydro, not in the US anyways. The powers that be (usda) has already came out against it numerous times. Unless they have updated standards which i usually hear about

But you can have soil and conventional, I think that would be an interesting issue. To see how many of you dirt guys are organic vs conventional. But even that, anyone that uses a boaster is most likely going to fall into the conventional category (i'm not sure if any organic boasters actually work...but not an organic guy myself)

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Agreed. as for boosters I use Molasses, liquid Kelp and now I'm experimenting with Alaska More Bloom. The first two would fall in to the organic category but I'm not so sure about the More Bloom I think that one is quasi organic. For that matter I don't think the cal-magic I started using is truly organic. Interesting pole:redbong:

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I don't think the USDA would consider my use of Hot Shots in the garden very organic either... :flipando:

7. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Bloom Khaos from NFTG is the only thing I use that I would consider an actual booster. It is a calcium facilitator that helps speed up Calcium intake by as much as 5 times.

The NFTG line is calcium based, so it relies heavily on the use of their Liquid Bone Meal and Liquid Fish Bone Meal, for Bloom Khaos not to fuck your plants up.

My Super Soil uses both as an amendment, so it will work with some heavier soils, too.

Molasses is just food for the soil pretty much. It helps the plants, but not as much as it helps what's beneath the ground IMO.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Anything high in potassium and phosphorus and low N will act as a bloom booster. Molasses is a good way to add plant ready potassium. In my garden it's generally Dramm O plus molasses.

The molasses also gives any soil fungi a boost which in turn boosts the plant's uptake of nutes. That's a good thing during flower.:thumbs-up: The additional mg in molasses also aids the plant in using up the last traces of N in the soil.

Used Morbloom side by side with Dramm O/molasses with no noticable difference in final bud weights. Morbloom is not OMRI certified...but then again, like Duc said, neither are the no pest strips that hang in there 50% of the time.

:eusa_eh:

:passsit:

9. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

It's true that Molasses can act as a booster. I was just thinking of a booster as something that is forcing things to happen instead of just helping them along.

10. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Gh3 part, Cal Mag and Rock Resinator. Kills it...:bong-2: