BB's Cheese cut, Confidential Cheese

Discussion in 'Strain Guide' started by ResinRubber, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Some of you folks who've been following may have noticed a few GKers running a cut of Reserva Privada's Confidential Cheese. I've flowered this cut 6 or 7 times playing with temps, weeks in flower, RH, et al. So far this is the best I've found. Remember, I'm a dirt grower so you hydro guys are on your own if this helps or not.

This is a bad pic of a very average bud from one of the average plants this run. I'll get a better pic of a bud from the best plant tomorrow when it comes in for trimming. Think this is a long term keeper. I'll follow up later with more detail and some better pics.

70 days flower. 62/74 temps. 50% RH. No CO2.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Very nice Resin. Still a nice looking bud. :bong-2:

3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

If that is average, can't wait to see the good one.

Nice looking bud.

4. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Now that is sweet and frosty looking "average" bud. :thumbsup::smokin:

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Very nice Res. She's a keeper for sure:jj:

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

nice, taste test please

7. ResinRubber

Pretty sure you'll be getting one.:smokin:

8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

So what's the taste like? Also what nutes are you using? One of the best looking buds I have seen latley. Reminds me of Discos nector fed bud. Quality looking all the way.

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:not-worthy: Man, if that's the average so-so stuff I can't wait to see the "Good shit". Great job Res!!!

Be Cool, CG

10. ResinRubber

Pulled this off the table yesterday from the best Cheese plant. Pretty indicative of the buds on the table. They're not huge but hard as hell. Think it'll be about 2-2.5 dry weight of

solid buds per plant in the end.

JCIO- The easy soil mix. 2 gallon pots. 6 weeks veg from rooted clone. Spoiled fruit, cheesy skunk...hang on...:bong2:.. kind of a damp earthy woody fruit exhale.

[​IMG]

11. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

. Spoiled fruit, cheesy skunk...hang on...:bong2:.. kind of a damp earthy woody fruit exhale.

[​IMG]

:not-worthy: Man, I wished I had a refined pallet that could pick up those little hints and flavors!!! Getting too old. To me it either hits smooth and fucks you up, or a little harsh and fucks you up.

After the 2nd bong hit I don't think earthy woody fruit. I think that a big ole cheeseburger and some onion rings sure would taste good. :roffl:

Great job Res!!!

Be Cool, CG

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Mmmmmmm, cheeseburger......mmmmm, onion rings..mmm Oh wait, where was I? Oh yeah, looking very nice. I like the trim.:thumbsup:

13. ducrider

Has anyone else found her difficult to clone? It's the only cut I'm running that only 60-70% of the cuts root & they always take at least 14 days before anything happens. I've got an aero cloner full of cheese cuts 17 days old with only 3 out of 18 or so showing signs of rooting.

blue Dawg on the other hand will tons of roots in 9-10 day

14. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

ducrider, do you run straight PH adjusted water for the clone? The reason I ask is I use to run only straight PHed water and when I started adding a weak dose of Nitrogen They all started rooting faster and with more success. :redbong:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
  15. ResinRubber

BB's Cheese isn't my best cloner either. 10-14 days in rockwool under a dome for roots. Lose about 10-20%. I get the best results using a few drops of Hygrozyme in the rinse water for the cubes.

My solution? Always be cloning BB's Cheese so it's there when I need it.

16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

cheese heads. I loves me some cheese.

17. ducrider

After close to 25 days in the cloner about 70% of the cuts have rooted, not huge fuzzy wads of roots but they've rooted so for now all is cheesy again. She's the only one who for whatever reason doesn't seem to like the cloner. I'm sure I could dial it in but honestly it'll be easier to just go back to using cubes and the dome for a while, at least for BB's cheese.

MGJ, Yes just straight PH adjusted water in the cloner, being an organic dirt farmer nothing I'd have on hand would be safe to add. :)

18. ResinRubber

Figured I should elucidate on "always cloning". Started doing something special for BBCheese after watching a documentary on a clone warehouse where they used cubes on top of perlite to give a substrate for the roots to reach into. Just took it one step further and added an inch of my soil mix in the bottom of the tray and top that with an inch of vermiculite instead of perlite . Now I can cut my Cheese clones whenever the moms are ready, pop them under the dome and wait until I need them. The roots run through the vermiculite and into the soil. The clones are happy eating and growing for up to a month after initial roots. Still losing 10-20%.

Now I got healthy growing BBCheese whenever I want. Thinking of doing this with all my strains. Sure would take a load off from having to time clones with garden cycles and the only additional cost is a couple 4ft 40w flouro tubes plus 6sq/ft of garden space to maintain up to 4 domes of rooted ready to use clones. Think about it...you then clone whenever the mom is ready rather than by garden cycle timing. Much better way to do it.

If your interested I'll try to snap a few pics tomorrow and show you what I'm talking about.

19. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's a good idea rr.

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Put it up. I'd like to see.

oh yeah, I want some cheese. lol