BC Girl Scout Cookies Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Well I broke down and purchased some BC Girl Scout Cookies, Feminized.

I have 5 seeds germinating and all 5 sprouted tails. I moved them into rapid rooters under the dome with a seed warming matt. Two have popped out the top of the rapid rooters and shed their protective shells. A third one is just poking out a little and the other two have not shown yet. I'll post some pictures in a couple of days.

Flowering time is the same as the Lemon Berry so I'll have a mixed table grow. :redbong:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I'm pulling up for this one. GSC is something I've been wondering about. Really interested on how they turn out. Not how they'll look because we all know how you do it but in it's smell and taste. :redbong:

3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I am on board for this one, too. Sure hope it lives up to all the hype.

BBT:jj:

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

5. DXE

DXE Moderator

Very cool - will be watching this one. It will be interesting to see how the different phenos play out.

My daughter has a friend that gets GSC shipped from Cali to her on the east coast. Always tasty and nice looking product.

6. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I got 2 phenos out of 4 seeds, the 3 that are the same have little differences but mainly 3 smaller kinda wider leaves and 1 skinny leaves.

It will be cool to see the difference from my outdoor to your indoor.

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Interested to see how these do. Always curious how they went about making seeds since the cookie family who made it has not given away their genetics.

8. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

I'm curious too. I just bought some dried flowers the other day of an amazing GSC pheno. I thought the seeds were selfed back crosses?

9. skunky

If so would have to come from a seeded batch grown out then either treated to make fems or crossed to something else. The breeders say they have not given any of the genetics away. They did say there was one run that they released that had seeds so that's the only hope for true genetics but still leaves it up in the air as to what the seed companies did. Or if they just made shit up. Supposedly though they will be working with DNA genetics to make some crosses but no straight up GSC stabilized lines mentioned. Ugh ugh we'll see.

10. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

in an odd twist of topic...GSC was created by a rapper, Berner

11. skunky

Actually. Berner is also a grower and side breeder who's supposed to have ties to the cookie family. He did not create GSC though, he created cookies clothing/accessories and Hemp20. Here's an interview he did earlier this year. It used to be on video too but I can't find that now.

http://www.frank151.com/news/this-week-in-weed-a-look-at-berner-and-san-franciscos-cookie.html

Or at least so the story goes. Though if you ever looked into the origins of dabney you would probably just say ehhh what the fuck ever who cares it's good and that's all that matters. LOL :roffl:

12. Mrgreengenes

Well I ended up with 5 Girl Scout's. The other remaining 7 seeds did not make it. the root tail popped out but they just never grew out.

I contacted BC Depot and explained in a email what happened. Bottom line is they responded quicly and sent me 8 more femmed seeds.

Heres a copy of the email.

Name: Mrgreenjeans

E-mail: ******************

Message: I recently purchased Girl Scout Cookies. I've been growing for ten years and I germed all 12 seeds after I got them, using the wet paper towel method. out of the 12 seeds 2 did not open.

Out of the remaining 10 all 10 cracked their shells but only 4 were strong enough to open. So out of the twelve seeds I received from your company only 4 are growing.

Did I receive old seeds? I'm not sure. Theses are very low germ rates. Anything that can be done? My order info below.

Sincerely, Mrgreenjeans, GrowKind.com Site Administrator

Order ID: ***** Order placed: 2014-07-26 03:25:41

Order total: $150.00 Order status: shipped

Method of payment: creditcard Shipping date: 2014-07-26

On 8/19/2014 at 7:12 PM,

bcbd@hushmail.com

wrote: :

No, not old seeds, sorry to hear about the issues

MRGJ

I am sending 8 fresh seeds out of a new batch of Girl Scouts to you. They will leave the office tomorrow. Sorry that the first batch didn't go so well for you. GSC can be a trickier grow with lots of phenos present, but the rewards can also be amazing

:)

Peace

Madison

BCBD

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Good for you. Most would just consider it a loss. Are they always this nice or did they see "Sincerely, Mrgreenjeans, GrowKind.com Site Administrator" and figured it would be in their best interest?

14. Mrgreengenes

I always start with a nice letter first. It never hurts.

It's possible the Administrator thing helped also.. I have the new seeds already. :redbong:

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

So we get see another show when the new beans pop? Yay!!!!!! :redbong:

Oh...and I took your name out of the reply from BCBD. Thought it might be wise.:bong-2:

16. Mrgreengenes

Thanks Res. :BangHead: :thumbsup:

17. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah Mr G, I have a feeling the "GK administrator" was a big factor in the level of service. Mr G happy = GK happy = good for business.

So if any of us have any problems with them we just have to threaten to tattle to Mr G.:roffl:

They're smart enough to know that 'word of mouth' can be good or bad for business. Especially on sites like GK.:thumbsup:

Be Cool, CG

18. Mrgreengenes

5 days later

It amazes me still how fast they can grow from seed!

Here are the five girls.

[​IMG]

19. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Gorgeous :thumbs-up:

20. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

Cool. Hempy?