Bodhi Testers: Mendo Purps X Snow Lotus

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Discorilla, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Hello Everyone,

I received a nice surprise in the mail today, and found out I will be testing some Genetics for Bodhi this year. The cross is Mendo Purps X Snow Lotus. I have always been a huge fan of the Snow Lotus Male that Bodhi has used, and his crosses with this male have all been stellar. I am expecting the same with these seeds. I will be germinating them as soon as I get my grow space situated for these plants. I will be popping all 10 in one go, and be looking for the most Purple plant of all the phenos.

[​IMG]

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

That's always a nice surprise to get in the mail.

Lvstickybud likes this.
  3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Do you know the genetics of the Snow Lotus?

4. Discorilla

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice. You go Disco

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

ask and you shall receive, Much thanks Disco.

7. Discorilla

So it begins... 10/10 went into Root Riots.
    [​IMG]

8. Discorilla

10 of 10 are above ground and ready for light!
    [​IMG]

9. Discorilla

The seedlings went into solo cups the day after I posted the above photo. They have been working their way along. It's definitely Spring, because I've been treating for Thrips. I have a good amount of Hypoaspis Miles around, so they shouldn't be around much longer. I've also been treating with Neem for the adults.

Attached Files:

10. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Looking good, can you pm me a spot where I can get ahold of Bodhi directly?

Discorilla likes this.
  11. Discorilla

Shot ya a pm with his testers email. Not sure where I put his other contact info, but I'll find it.

12. Discorilla

Here's the Mendo Purple X Snow Lotus after a transplant into 2 Gallon pots. The Predator Mites seem to be taking care of the Thrips I had, and I will be adding some more soon. They're slow veggers, which is a good thing! Mendo Purps seems to have a nice influence! Going to give them the Advanced Line of Nectar For The Gods later today!
    IMG_5966[1].JPG

Lvstickybud and ResinRubber like this.
  13. Discorilla

After Vegging in 2 gallons for a little while, 9 out of 10 have shown sex for sure, and one is indicating female, but her preflowers are extremely small at this point. All females including the one I am pretty sure is female, have been transplanted into 5 Gallon buckets of Nectar #4 Soil. Five females and five males.

They'll be getting a big feeding today, and they also got new predators introduced! The plants in back are Pure Gooey that I am revegging.

IMG_6032[1].JPG

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  14. Discorilla

The five females are going into flower today. They will be flowered under a HIGROW-1000 LED Fixture that I have been messing around with. The light has been performing quite well, so I am working on replacing my HIDs with them. Although there are Know-it-alls who would say that LED can't compete with HID, I will be one to say that I now disagree with that.

IMG_6080[1].JPG

nippie and ResinRubber like this.
  15. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Nice

Yep LED is the next future. HID will eventually yield.

16. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Highgrow, where do they sell those at? I always like looking at new stuff.

Where has Ccreate been anyways? That post made me think of him. Not saying he thinks hes a know it all, I just remember how strong his hid ways were.

17. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

as to the LED unit, I just saw it on sale at Amazon for 249 bucks with free shipping. regular 350

18. Discorilla

Yes, that's the one! The bridgelux LEDs are quite good.

I will add that LED light should be direct light to get the buds to beef up. It's easy to see how 1 GPW or more is possible with LEDs. It's just a matter keeping the canopy in the direct light.

These ones are good for a 3x4 for direct light, and a bit more area if using for supplemental.

600w HPSs are good for this 3x4 of direct light, so I figured this would be a good way to test things. These units draw 400 watts with both switches flipped.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. Discorilla

Not sure where CC is, but I wasn't calling him out specifically. I believe the selling point of HID is slowly leaning towards just being more affordable to start with. It gets more expensive than LEDs as power bills and bulb replacement comes into play.

20. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

My power bill is actually going to go down this winter. I switched to time of use billing and as long as I run the lights from 9:00 pm to 9:00 am the cost never goes over .08 cents per kwh. Which means it will cost me only $1.92 per hour. The things that really keep me from switching are the high upfront costs and what you said about canopy coverage. I'd need at less three to cover what my 1kws cover.

Lvstickybud likes this.