Bodhi Testers: Mendo Purps X Snow Lotus

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Discorilla, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's all about entry point now and HID ballasts are getting dirt cheap. A cat can pick up a magnetic 600w hps ballast, hood and cheap bulb for $120 now. Digital for $170. Like Disco said though, when you figure bulb costs, cooling and elec savings it becomes a wash about two years into service. Even crusty old heads like me are beginning to consider LED's for future replacement of HID when the time comes.

Lvstickybud likes this.
  2. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

One thing I have had trouble with is matching HID lighting to equivalent LED. I mean I am used to using watts as a measure of power, like I know I need about 1000-1200W of HPS for every 2X4 I plant to get the yield I am looking for. I have found it hard to determine how much LED I need to get similar results.

Whats the secret to matching LED power to HPS power?

ResinRubber and blazerwill420 like this.
  3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

What Res said. Anyone remember when vcr's first came out? I remember them being around $1200.00 for a good one. I'm waiting it out till the led's get cheap.

4. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

These LEDs are getting quite cheap, and I'm sure they will get cheaper. I'm going to start building and testing some fixtures soon, but I need to gather some funds for it.

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

SMC All I know is that the onyx is compaired to a 600w plus equiv hps but I think its the light they measure, so power wise??? Great question. I bet Mike from Rapid can answer. Are they still members here? I SO want their rack cob light. You can get the three light cob and also get a rack that fits 3 or 4 of those 3 light cobs. I wonder what the compairson is to hps on those??

6. Discorilla

Rapid's DIY COB Kits w/ 3 CXBs will cover a 1x4 area. You'd need 3 to light the same area as this HIGROW. I believe the COBs produce more lumen per watt, though. They are just way more expensive to buy or build.

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

All the acronyms, you guys sound like a bunch of high schoolers talking about their 429 Boss.

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  8. Discorilla

I'm too lazy to type all that shit, so I shorten it.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  9. Discorilla

They have been in flower for almost a week, and the plants are loving the light! They got a feeding of Nectar For The Gods, SLF-100, and Photosynthesis Plus yesterday, and these plants are loving life right now!

IMG_6107[1].JPG

10. ResinRubber

super healthy!

Discorilla likes this.
  11. Discorilla

Thank you! I have to say the lack of heat is making my garden a lot happier. I can still see some heat stress on the plants under the last 600, so it will be good to switch that one out later this week.

12. Discorilla

I see some potential here in this strain. I've destroyed all of the males that I had because I felt it would be unethical to consider using them since I received these seeds as testers. I will be buying another 40 of these seeds at the first chance I get, though. MPSLF.jpg

nippie likes this.
  13. ResinRubber

Thick ass stems. Like seeing that.

Discorilla likes this.
  14. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

15. Discorilla

Me too. All of them are pretty thick, but that one in the middle is feeling like it's going to put out some nice weight by the time she's done.

nippie likes this.
  16. Discorilla

These plants have some serious stretch to them. They will be beastly by the time they finish! The colas are starting to get a little frost now, too!
    [​IMG]

Here's a shot of the canopy to give you an idea of the stretch:
    [​IMG]

Here's a photo to show how thick some of the stems are becoming:
    [​IMG]

Testing for Bodhi has been an honor! This strain will definitely do well in my opinion!

17. toshin

toshin Active Member

The lights you have there look nearly identical to the ones I use. I use a single one labelled "300W" for the cloning/early veg area and two of the "600W" next to each other for 4 buckets. So far I am liking them quite a bit.

Discorilla likes this.
  18. Discorilla

These are the HiGrow 1000s. They use about 400 actual watts each, and I am lighting a 10x4 with 3 of them.

toshin likes this.
  19. toshin

toshin Active Member

Sounds pretty similar, mine are from Galxyhydro.

Discorilla likes this.
  20. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA