Chim Chiminey Genetics testing

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'm testing seeds for a seed company called Chim Chiminey Genetics. They sent me 4 seeds that are a cross of TGA sub cool purgatory and DJ short blueberry. They are regular seeds and all four have germinated. I'll post pictures later.

ResinRubber likes this.
  2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Do you have any info on the seed company? I think I have heard of them before.

3. Mrgreengenes

They were looking for testers and we connected. I really don't know anything about the company.

4. Mrgreengenes

Here they are up and growing.
    IMG_8931.JPG IMG_8933.JPG

5. Mrgreengenes

So all 4 seeds were up in 4 days. Here they are today looking healthy.
    IMG_9013.JPG

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

What's the strain?

7. Mrgreengenes

Lvstickybud.

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Sorry. I didn't see that. Must have been on the solar eclipse day while I was blind. Lol.

9. We are glad to see they are doing so well. Seems the purpling of blueberry came through in a couple of them.

Greengrower12 likes this.
  10. Mrgreengenes

All four seedlings are coming along nicely. Two of them show some slight leaf deformity. I think this is because out of the four seeds, I helped remove two of the shells. So I may have had something to do with that. I'm thinking the next set of leaves will straighten out.
    IMG_9182.JPG

11. I think we still need a name for this cross, what can everyone come up with?

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Blue Soul.
    Short Penance.
    Blue Penance.

13. Mrgreengenes

Here are the hopefully all female testers one week later.
    CCG, all tester are number 1-4. We have two seedlings looking normal. I have them under 5000k LED strip lights.
    Tester #1 is short and I'm liking that. Tester #2 is taller, and both look completely healthy. Tester #3 first set of leaves were all twisted. The second set is coming in better, I'm thinking this will straighten its self out. Tester #4 has a bent deformed top. I'm hoping it will get better as it grows.

14. Greengrower12

Greengrower12 Member

15. Mrgreengenes

I transplanted the four testers and expect a lot of growth once they get over there shock. Out of the four tester number one is kind of tall lanky I suspect tester 1 might be a male.
    Tester number two and tester number four started out with some slight the form leave growth, that appears to be straightening out.
    Tester 3 look great! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the girls come out.

Tester 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tester 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tester 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tester 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  16. Greengrower12

Greengrower12 Member

There looking great!!

17. Numbers 1 & 3 look really good, really loving how #3 had turned out. Now 2 & 4, we need to figure out if those leaf deformations are dominant in the genes, or resistive. I have the feeling it came from the male. I didn't think much of it at the time, but the male had an extra center fan leaf, which could be a good indicator.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Greengrower12 likes this.
  18. Greengrower12 likes this.
  19. Greengrower12

Greengrower12 Member

Thank you so far so good just wondering is there any strain info on the free seeds?

20. Unfortunately we do not. When releasing the seeds from their pods sometimes they have the tendency of bouncing off the collection tray, so we leave them where they are, then place them into a separate container, to give away as mystery seed freebies.