Chocolate Rain

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by friendlyfarmer, Sep 15, 2013.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

100% germ rate paper towel method. Standard seeds.

[​IMG]

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

:new_popcornsmiley:

[​IMG]

3. friendlyfarmer

Update

I managed to kill off 5 of them, but the remaining 5 are doing well. I dried the others out. I tucked the sprouts in rock wool, and instead I should have gone straight into seedling soil. What screwed me up was a lack of solo cups, so I tried some alternatives that were not optimum. Def. my fault - not a genetics thing.

What can I say I'm a little shaky getting started again. :eusa_eh:

[​IMG]

4. friendlyfarmer

Update day 43

All five still alive, but only 3 doing well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

:popcorn-2:Watching! Nice girls!

6. friendlyfarmer

:roffl: glad someone is

I hope they are girls! I think the probability of getting no girls is low, and I am just hoping for a good phenotype.

7. friendlyfarmer

48 days from sprout

Three doing great, two are struggling badly. This I chalk up to genetics. At this point they all have the same variable conditions, so they all should at this point do roughly the same. The three that are healthy look similar. CR are in the plastic 1/2 gallon pots.

Ya know if I get a male I'm gonna try to get some pollen. :read2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Looking good. Maybe the ones that are slow had some damge done to their roots. It takes a really long time for them to heal from almost being killed.

9. friendlyfarmer

I don't think it's root damage cuz it's been 48 days and they've never been transplanted. I think I am going to kill the runts, unless someone gives me a good reason not to. I'm going to move the three healthy CR into smart pots, but don't wanna waste the dirt or space in the tent on these two stragglers.

[​IMG]

10. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

well what if those two runts are the only females of the group? I think I'd keep em going at least until the others have been sexed.

11. friendlyfarmer

good point

But would I want them even if they were females?

I don't think so. But I'm gonna keep em for a while anyway. They are not taking up much room ATM, but I ain't gonna transplant. That's all the dirt their getting.

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Clone them. If they're female, ditch them and grow the clones.

13. friendlyfarmer

OK I will. But I'm thinking if they grow like shit now, they will grow like shit if I clone them. But just in case there's a couple lumps of cat shit in my dirt or something else (a clump of epsom salt? I mixed the damn soil for a whole half hour!) I will do as you suggest.

Thanks dude. :passsit:

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Looks like they're growing wet. Do the runt pots ever get totally dry in comparison to the healthier plants? If they don't and you want to save them do a quick repot and give extra perlite to the mix then really watch how much water they get for awhile. Since they're still small that's the easiest quickest fix.

It'll set them back a few weeks behind the rest in growth though.

15. friendlyfarmer

Update

Three looking good. One showing pre-flowers. Two still struggling, but I'm out of soil ATM. One had a bit of an MG def, which a transplant into it's final 3 gallon smart pot and a good soaking seems to have cured. This first pic is of that plant, the one that had the MG def. Now all three are in their final homes.

[​IMG]

This one is very very low to the dirt, which is hard to tell from above.

[​IMG]

This one's taller, in the back in the group shot.

[​IMG]

And all together now

[​IMG]

16. friendlyfarmer

The good ones

Chocolate Rain is looking good! I have not sexed these, but I have alternating nodes on all plants, they look prolific enough to take cuts, and I am going to switch to flower as soon as I cut the current Lemon Thai crop out of the bloom room, in about two and a half weeks. I'll take cuts the week before I flip.

Chocolate Rain #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chocolate Rain #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chocolate Rain #3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have preflowers on #3. Think that means it's a she. A couple of shots of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And all together now. Those are four Lemon Thai in the background, one of them destined to become Mom.

[​IMG]

17. Ms2k

Ms2k Established Healthy Roots

Looking good can't wait to see what they look like in flower

18. friendlyfarmer

Me too! I'm gonna flip in two weeks.

19. friendlyfarmer

A week before flip

They are really going apeshit now.

[​IMG]

took cuts a week ago. haven't checked for roots in a few days but I see new growth

[​IMG]

20. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Looking good man