Clone issues

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Justcheckingitout, Dec 7, 2016.

1. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Doa...again

3. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I was thinking about the the whole "dunking" thing. If they have to be shaken out initially to get them to where they're dry enough to start with, how can they get shaken hard enough when they have a clone in them? Kind of sounds like they're too wet.

I use a 12 cc syringe, normally adding about 6 cc each when they feel light.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

RUI? Turn in your GK badge. Those cats allow third party access to membership info. I had them remove my membership years ago because of it.

Too warm Blazer. Instead of soaking the RW when the cuts look wilty you can use vermiculite as a base under the cubes. Do everything just like Smokey said, except put about an inch of vermiculite in the tray first, wet it, then fill with cubes and clones. The verm also provides a substrate for new roots to grow into. But yeah, methinks those cuts have been too hot and squeezing is a baddy.

5. takeshi14121990

takeshi14121990 New Member

Nice bro,

Are you guys using a rooting hormone?

and i don't even let my rockwool sit overnight, i used to. but as long as the entire cube gets wet all the way through with PH of 5.5 you shouldn't have an issue.

6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Nip, here is the plant I'm taking the cuts from. As you can see I've taken them from the whole plant. I'm going to try what res and smokey said but I'm starting to think that this is just a hard bitch to clone because I'm having no problems with candyland and sour d. Thanks again for the help everyone and I'll update when I get some results either way.

IMG_3827.JPG

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Still having issues trying to clone The White. I took fresh cuts of candyland and tw yesterday. First pic is 24 hours later. Cl is on the left, tw on the right.
    IMG_3921.JPG

I added some water to the droopy ones and this is 2 hours later...
    IMG_3923.JPG

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Gots ta ask... What's with the huge holes that the unhappy clones are poked into? A tight hole is imperative. With clones of that size, it should be pretty easy to poke them into a much tighter hole without damaging the stem.

I never use the "factory" hole, and make my own with a toothpick.

Edit: I put the factory hole on the bottom so that I can get a better view of the roots earlier. It's good for about 2 days advance notice.

nippie and blazerwill420 like this.
  9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I got at them with a toothpick and opened the hole up. It's just the way I've always done it and never had an issue before. In fact, I've never had this much trouble trying to clone a damn weed plant. i cloned some roses last year, easy peesee.

Making cannabis Oil

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I'm going to post how I clone tomorrow with pix, I always go for the tops though not the bottom, I think it's better for cuts and also parent plant.

But you feeding mom prior, if so try flushing the day before so she's a little hungry and are what brand hormone you using?

11. ResinRubber

How hot is the area you're cloning in? Mats bring the tray temp 20F hotter than the ambient room temp. Still think they're getting cooked and could use a towel between the mat and the tray. I've cooked dozens of clones using a bare mat. Lesson learned the hard way.

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That mat is off and has been off for over a month res, the room is staying around 80/83. All of them unwilted now except one.

13. ResinRubber

Fuck all. Don't know then. Happens? A year ago it was me that couldn't pop a root to save my life. I was running three times the clones I needed just to account for dead ones. Today I emptied 90 clones and less than a dozen were bad. Ended up tossing a bucket of completely good rooted cuts.

SuperMoChombo just broke a rut that he thought was going to break him. Now he's mister Green Thumb again. Good luck, hope you find the solution.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I am at " it's just a hard strain to clone", or, "air embolism." It's just one of those things I guess. Last year I couldn't make an over easy egg to save my life (I've cooked professionally), now every time I make coffee it tastes like weak, nasty dishwater.

15. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

try taking from the top, i honestly believe it makes for a healthier clone and happier mom. basically it's just topping to get you clones and most indica dom strains love being topped

blazerwill420 and Lvstickybud like this.
  16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Man do I feel stupid. I figured out what my issue is for sure with the white. Old Smokey hit it... Over the winter every time I tried to clone, every strain got the grey mold and died. Some of the cubes from that (the ones with the big holes) got mixed in with the good cubes. If you look at the pics it's always the ones in the big hole cubes that were wilting. About three days ago I ditched the vermiculite in the white clone box because they kept wicking into it and drying out. After I ditched it I wet the cubes again. This morning the big holed ones are still wilted. I started looking closely and the stems have dampening off, in fact it was so bad that the outer layer of the stem just slid right off when I passed my thumb over it. In other news, the candyland has rooted, they had new cubes. Onward and upward. Thanks for the help everyone!

Lvstickybud and ResinRubber like this.