Cloning 101

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by TheApprentice, Jan 3, 2007.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

My Indica strain seems to chant "clone us... clone us" every time I enter my veg room. Well OK, it could be the buzzing of Metal Halide ballasts, the humming of fans, or maybe that big bong hit I just had. But marijuana is one of the easiest plants to clone, which is my topic this month.

The Mother Plant

If your mother plant is from seed, it should be at least 1 foot tall. But if you need lots of clones, let it get big. It pays to have patience sometimes. I can always find the room for a bigger plant. ​

Misting

Mist plants heavily each morning two weeks prior to cloning. Remember, if plants are in halide area, turn off your fans and raise bulbs. If one drop of water lands on a hot bulb, then BOOM! no more bulb. ​
    The misting will wash nitrogen out of plants. This will slow growth, and carbohydrates will build up in the stems. The lowest branches of your plant will root faster due to the low nitrogen and high carbohydrate levels.

Rooting Medium

You can root in rockwool, perlite, sand, vermiculite, sunshine mixes, dirt, and even water. I prefer to use rockwool because it is easy to handle, easy to transport, and it keeps your clone area clean. ​
    24 hours before cloning you should prepare your rooting medium by watering it with a mix of one liter of water and some horticultural fungicide (see the package for proper ratio of water to fungicide). Put the medium into a nursery tray. Put the tray in the clone room, 12" from the light source, which should be left on constantly.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Taking the Clone

Get a clean coffee cup, baby food jar, or other such container, and fill with water. Do not use hot water, cool tap water or distilled bottled water are recommended. Let tap water sit overnight to allow the chlorine to evaporate. ​

Start your first cutting on the bottom branch. The cutting should be 2"-6" in length. You will leave the growing tip, a small leaf, and one or two larger leaves. Below the last leaf you will cut off more leaves 1/8" from the main stem (see diagram).
    Below the bottom leaf cut you should make a straight cut perpendicular to the stem. Immediately place the cutting into the container of water. This will prevent an air bubble from blocking the transpiration stream.
    After all clones are taken, put in clone closet, (but not in direct light) for 24 hours. Mist clones gently once or twice during this period.
    The next day, take your tray with the medium and use a small nail to make a 1/4" deep hole in each clone site. Take one clone, dip in rooting hormone, generously coating 1/4" to 1/2" of the stem before inserting it into the hole in the medium.
    Push the clone in gently until it is 1/2" to 3/4" into the medium. Trickle a few drops of rooting hormone down the stem to ensure that it is set properly.
    Mist the clone again and put a foot away from the fluorescent light. Leave the light on constantly until the clones have rooted, which should take from one to four weeks. You can use a humidity cover or tent if you want to, but I don't use one.
    I mist my clones 6 times or so a day, and they root in 7 to 12 days. Keep the medium moist but not saturated. When necessary, water lightly with a mixture of water and No-damp. Let the rockwool get a bit on the dry side rather than letting it become too wet.
    After roots start to appear, transplant the clone gently into whatever medium you have chosen to grow it in. Water gently with 1/2" strength flowering food. If you are planting clones rooted in rockwool into a pro mix, make sure to bury cube with 1/2" of soil.
    It will help keep cube from drying out, as rockwool generously gives up its moisture to anything. That's it. Expect a minimum 50% survival rate,which for any beginner is a success but results can be expected to rise to higher % depending on strain,technique and TLC. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Cloning 101 (continued)

What are the advantages of Marijuana Cloning

SOURCE: http://www.marijuanacloning.com/

Marijuana Cloning is the process of making an exact copy of a living thing, in this case a marijuana plant. Cloning has many advantages to offer the advanced grower: first, the process of germination can be skipped over, saving valuable time. Second, the exact genetics of your best female can be preserved forever. Third, growers will save money by not having to purchase seeds every year. Though you should really only clone the same plant( genes) 3-4 times after this the chance of your clone becoming hermaphrodite greatly increases, also the plant quality slowly decreases. the first 3-4 clones of the same gene should be fine. For marijuana (cannabis) growers cloning is a must to ensure that only females will be grown and no space is wasted on males. also means that a whole crop of females will not be made to seed by one or two males in the same room.

What do I need to start Marijuana Cloning?

To begin cloning you will need a mother plant. A mother plant is the plant all of the cuttings will be taken from. It should exhibit qualities such as fast growth, high potency and mould and pest resistance. this is why its so important to get good seeds to start with. The mother should be kept in vegetative growth( 16 = hours light) all the time under a Metal halide light. Other things that will be needed are small plate), a shallow tray that will hold about three inches of water. An aquarium air pump, rooting hormone and high P fertilizer. Light will be provided by fluorescents hung seven inches above the plant tops. Many people today use rock wool for examples check out weed pics this site has pictures of marijuana plants being cloned.

Set-up

First set the tray in a separate area from all the other plants. A separate closet or basement is good. Fill the tray with water (boiled for 20 minutes) mixed with liquid rooting hormone. Install the aquarium air pump to oxygenate the water. The size of the pump depends on the size of the tray. Make an anti-siphon loop in the hose to the pump to prevent water from getting into it if the power should go out. Next hang the fluorescents about 12 inches from the top of the tray. This will leave about 7 inches from the tops of the cuttings to the lights. if you use rock wool, to clone marijuana the air pump to oxygenate the water is less necessary.

Taking the cuttings

Once the cloning area is set up the clones can be taken from the mother cannabis plant. Taking clones is almost the same as pruning so when you prune instead of throwing away the cuttings they can be made into clones. The first cut should be made with sharp scissors or a razor blade sterilized with rubbing alcohol. The cutting should be about 6 to 8 inches tall. Next trim off the bottom leaves with a sharp razor blade. There should be three or four sets of leaves remaining on the cutting. Bring the cutting to the rooting tray and get out the Styrofoam plates. Poke a hole in the middle just big enough for the stem to fit through. The cutting can be secured in place with some sticky tack (looks like gum). Now submerge the bottom of the cutting and make another cut diagonally. This will expose more stem surface to the water and make it easier for the cutting to absorb nutrients. This cut must be made under water to prevent a bubble forming in the stem, blocking nutrient intake.

Rooting the cuttings

Now that the cuttings are floating in the rooting tray the water needs to be changed every other day. Just siphon it out and replace it quickly with new hormone treated water. Be careful never to drain all the water out. If the stem bottoms are exposed a bubble will developed inside the stem and the clone will die. After about 10 days in the rooting tray the stem bottom will start to come out slightly. This is the first sign that the roots will appear shortly. Foliar spray with a chemical fertilizer that is high in P at 1/4 strength every three days. Remember to spray the plants the day after foliar feeding with water to clean the leaves of any un-absorbed nutrients. Soon the tiny immature roots will be visible and when they reach about one inch in length they can be planted in the soil and will grow as an exact copy of the mother plant.

Using rock wool to clone marijuana

rock wool makes the process of marijuana cloning much more successful. simply follow the above steps, after making the cutting and applying a SMALL amount of hormone stick the root into the rock wool cube, keep the rock wool wet through the entire process1-2 weeks. though not waterlogged at all times. when the marijuana cloning process is done you will see roots popping through the bottom of the rock wool, now simply plant the square. Another advantage of cloning marijuana with rock wool is that you are not just dealing with fragile roots so upon transplant you stress the marijuana plant much less. speeding up the whole process.

LINK: http://www.marijuanacloning.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  3. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

I'd say this is very good info for people who get a little nervous about cloning. Some people think that the process is hard or difficult to do without alot of equipment or experience. It is really quite a simple process that is invaluable to a grower like me who does not have access to alot of strains from seed or other sources.

If I can piggyback in your cool thread to give myself props for the experiment I did that is a personel example of a cheap and easy way to do a clone.

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23334

Thanks Apprentice.

One last tip for clonig. To much heat is the quickest way to kill the clone so keep temps in the low 70F area. Always have the air flow moving the stems a little, as the plant reacts by making stronger roots.

4. lohocla

lohocla Germinated

Hello I have a couple sedlings one of them I want to be a mother plant in the future.

What I want to know is I determine sex by putting in 12/12 flowering but after that what then? can I put one plant back in vegetative after its sexed and found to be female to be used for a mother or do I let it flower, harvest and put it back into veg to be a mother later? How do I get a mother plant going is what I am really trying to figure?

Thanks

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well what i do is take clones and kep track of which plant they came from by labeling and start rooting the clones while the others are being the switch to flower. This way by the time the first grow is done you will know which plant was your best and so you know which clones to keep and to just get rid of the others, i only keep the strong genetics of the bunch. So basically take a clone root it and allow it to grow while the other are flowering, while those clones grow take a few from them and label as well, then which ever pheno you decide to keep leave one of its clones and leav it in veg and flower the rest, the plant in veg is you mom and you just leave it in veg the entire time only using it for donation of cuttings. i hope that made it a little more clear for ya.

6. lohocla

lohocla Germinated

yeah actually that was really clear, thanks alot for the help. I will start take cuttings this weekend and place the donors under 12/12. for my small setup they are plenty tall. I already have succesfuly cloned plants from a bubblelicioous donor mother that now are ripe with stinky buds. I hope to have now some mango clones, and one cinderella 99 seedling that I hope turns to be female, I got lucky and found it in a bag I picked up .. I bought the mango at a Harvest Fest in new york and think they were already feminized seeds.

Thanks again for the help

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Apprentice good article! [​IMG] It helps the new people, and makes the GK family a better place for everyone. good job buddy. Any new people should read this.... :punk:

8. Steve French

Steve French New Sprout

Clarification

Hey Apprentice,

I've decided I'm going to try your cloning method as outlined in your second post: What are the advantages of Marijuana Cloning

I was wondering if you had used this method as described. If you have, then I was wondering how you were able to make the second cut under water and then get the cutting into the tray without exposing it to the air?

Also, would the stem of the cutting (first node included) be submerged in the solution described with bubbles from the air hose all around them?

This is a wicked thread BTW I'm glad it got stickied.

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Cloning V Seeds (A comparison NOT a competition)

Steve check this thread out for a simple explanation of why to cut at an angle,and how to do it,etc:thumbsup:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Marijuana_Cultivation/Cloning

Advantages of cloning V Seed

Clones have their advantages, but as many growers who have recently started to again grow from seed will attest, they can also be problematic. Seeds obviously can be stored,clones cannot. Also always be wary of a batch of clones unless you know EXACTLY who and where they came from,the last thing any new grower needs is to accept some clones from someone and next thing they know heir grow is swamped with spider mites.

The obvious advantage of growing from clones is that you're guaranteed to have an all female grow room.Seeds is pot luck whether its male or female unless you buy expensive feminsed so theres a totally clear adavantage right there.Also a batch of seeds doesnt guarentee the same traits,they are all uniquely diverse but clones guarantee an exact replica of the mother plant,same traits.Thats worth its weight in Gold to many growers alone! You will also know exactly what you're getting: clones will be virtually identical to their source female, so sativa/indica ratio and all other cannabis characteristics including potency will be also the same.

In laymens terms-If 2 people go to a club one buys 100 clones the other 100 seeds of the same exact plant that produced the clones.The clone guy will have less expense, less pots and soil for seeds that may be male if not using fem seeds and the work/space associated. Even if using fem seeds, germination and associated problems are not an issue with clones.The clones will have a lead of 4 to 6 weeks over ANY new grow from seed.The only MAIN advantage i see personally from seeds is that they can be transported so much more easier and can be stored.

Clones are inherent in their advantages. Because they are not produced through a natural sexual process, successive generations of clones often lose their vigor. Potency drops, aroma flattens, growth rates slow. Clones can also be vectors of disease and insects. Usually this is several year down the line though,yes clones CAN be kept growing for several years if done correctly.

Cloning is fine when you start with seeds and than start cloning your first generation of plants. Starting with clones,IMHO, is a bad idea because you just might have gotten the tenth generation clone. And you'll be unable to tell if it has the vigour and strength it should. To be sure your clones are the best possible fresh and strong first generation start with seeds. Buy seeds from a well established marijuana seeds company to be sure of what you are getting. Purchased seeds have full descriptions of their distinctive characteristics as well as personalized growing information. Clones come without any newbie info.Me,personally only clone my own from a mother i have grown myself.That way i tend to notice subtle changes.I have had a few clones of superb strains given to me that turned out to be nothing more than "runts". I think its always best if a grower clones his own from his own:thumbsup:

Security is also a very important factor for a grower, as clones usually have to be received from someone and transported to their destination. You wouldn't like to be stopped by police while driving your clones to your grow room. You don't really want somebody to know about your grow, but the person who gave you clones in first place knows already. On the other hand ordering and receiving marijuana seeds is discreet and stealth, you get a plain package and nobody knows what is inside. Keep the fact you are growing in secret and you'll be safe.

Some people believe clone crop seasons are shorter than seed crop seasons, but some clones take 70-90 days to get to harvest. Seed crops grown from some of the earlier maturing varieties can go from sprout to harvest in as few as 90 days. People growing for maximum production might feel that the two or three weeks per harvest cycle they save growing clones, along with not having to rip males out of the grow room, makes growing from seeds a waste of time and money. It all depends on what you're growing for. IMHO cloning far outweighs the benefits of seeds. Especially if you have a rare pheno then you really NEED to mother and clone that plant!:jj:

10. shore_island

shore_island Developed Alternating Nodes

Clonin Problem

have been reading the in the forum the cloning 101 seccion, and i think i have done evrything like it says there, but something has to be wrong, i"m currently on my third attemp to get clones and they always die, i suck real bad at clones, can anyone tell me if there is a diagram with pics that shows all the process.

is there any expecific part of the branch were i have to make the cutting to get a clone???

here is what i been doing;

I MIST MY MOTHER PLANT EVERY MORNING 1 WEEK PRIOR DOING THE CUTTING, THE DAY BEFORE OF THE CUTTING I SOAK MY ROCKWOOLS INTO LOW NUTRIENTS, THE DAY OF THE CUTTING I TAKE MY CLONES FROM THE LOWEST BRANCHES MAKE AN ANGLE CUT, LEAVE THE GROWING TIP WITH 2 MORE LEAVES, I SUMERGE MY CLONES ON A COFFE CUP WITH WATER AND LEAVE THEM THERE FOR 24 HOURS, NOT DIRECTLY TO MY FLORECENT LIGHT,AFTER THE 24 HOURS, I SUMERGE THE CUTTED STEM INTO CLONE HORMONE AND PUT THE CLONE INTO THE ROCKWOOL, AND I PASS IT TO DIRECT FLORECENT LIGHT AND COVER THEM WITH A CLEAR DOME, I MIST MY CLONES ONCE A DAY, I KEEP MY ROCKWOOL MOIST BUT NOT TO HEAVY SOAK....

THE CUTTING WILL BE IN A 45 DEGRRES RIGHT??

FOR HOW LONG DOES I HAVE TO PUT THE STEM IN THE HORMONE?? I ONLY SOAK IT FOR LIKE 5 SECONDS.......

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I"M DOING BAD , IN BASE OF THAT EXPLICATION, IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON MY CLONING METHOD TO HELP ME LET ME KNOW...

THANKS TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME,

SEEDS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE AND MY POCKET SUFFERS EVERYTIME THAT I HAVE TO BUY SEEDS, I"M EXPECTING SOME HAZE X NYC DIESEL FEMALES SEEDS, AND I DONT WANNA WASTE THOSE CLONES,

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP....

"WHO IS MAN TO MAKE SOMETHING ILLEGAL THAT GOD HAS CREATED, IF MARIHUANA IS BAD AND ILLEGAL THEN GOD MADE AN ERROR ON CREATION???

LET US SOMOKE SOMETHING THAT GOD CREATED BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT WAS GOOD FOR MAN KIND... PEACE YAH RASTAFARAH

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Tried cloning agents?Cloning isnt hard but your NEVER guaranteed a cuting will root.There are other ways,randyhigh for instance uses locally produced organic honey as a rooting agent that you could put inside your rockwool cubes. All the clones iv taken recently i have put them into a new product im using called "Gel2Root" and its a clear see through plastic cup full of rooting gel,you simply pop a hole and stick the cutting inside it and you can watch your roots grow so you know when they are ready.There are many rooting gels you can buy that work.Id maybe try a rooting gel and put your cutting directly into the gel filled rockwool cube but the product im using has gave me a whole bunch of recent clones ..but that could just be because its a decent strain(fem BIG BANG from Greenhouse Seeds & Pot Of Gold from The Flying Dutchman) and i gave it enough TLC I always try to take a cutting while the plant is before the end of a good veg period and i try to take a shoot that is a fresh one cos that means its a growing shoot thats going through a growth spurt kinda thing,so i take for cutting the newest shoots from the bottom region of my plant,try to make sure the stalk is not too thick and maybe plant it without leaving it in water for the full 24hr will bring you more luck but as always different strokes for different folks.Some simply cut and leave in water 24hrs,others simply plant in soil and it roots.The pictures i have included below is me using the 'gel2root' cloning agent i refer too. Another thing,sometimes people clone purely to sex their plant early.Many uses.I no longer clone this way but it WAS how i started out and had a strong success ratio with this method.TBH iv never really had bad luck with clones.They will droop and look ill but nurse them and give them TLC and they WILL root and grow.Try not to worry too much about the angle/degree of the cut as thats NOT essential and i only do it to promote roots growth but again this is just one of several methods that can be used.Find one that works for you,exactly the same as it is for germinating sees.I prefer a glass of water overnight,others prefer the 'paper towel' method.Some make 3 incisions on the bottom of the clone stem to promote root growth,others dont bother.Over time you learn what works for you and what doesnt:bong2:

clone101.jpg

motherplants.jpg

/monthly_2007_07/clone101.jpg.729381956761d8092d9e8531f05146b5.jpg

/monthly_2007_07/motherplants.jpg.2aab5250ecb2323def38247afd21a08e.jpg

12. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I just made my first attempt at cloning and want to share my results to further illustrate how easy it really is to clone.

I am currently on my first grow and flowering a bagseed plant, so I wasn't really concerned whether the clone lived or died this particular time, but I am using her to learn the various aspects of growing, so I had to give it a try. My experiment was to see just how simple it could really be.

First I quickly threw together a bubbler from a plastic coffee container, a small air pump and an airstone. I made the bubbler to accommodate 5 clones, but only did one this time. I had trimmed some bottom growth off of my flowering plant and took one of the shoots to use as my clone. I trimmed off all of the leaves except for the the top 3 nodes. Just below one of the nodes, I cut the stem at a 45* angle and made 3 simple scrape marks in the stem to expose the inside. I couldn't find a razorblade. I cut the tips off of the remaining leaves and I put it in the bubbler. Threw it under a 70 watt grow flo Walmart special and 9 days later (today) I have this:

[​IMG]

It couldn't have been any easier. I didn't have a humidity dome, rooting gel, nothing. And it still took root. It didn't even wilt. The leaves stayed nice and stiff the whole time. The roots didn't grow from the end cut either. They all came out of the scrape marks. Now I will transplant her into a bigger bucket and she is off to the races. I hope it's always this easy.

[​IMG]

13. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

Way too much hype on cloning!

If you read web forums they suggest that asprin PROBABLY doesn't contain what is needed to make clones root. This is false, just crush two tablets into a 500ml of distilled water. I like to use the orange coated asprin just so I don't need to label the bottle.

Cut clones just as everyone else tells you, so long as you have a grow tip and a pair of leaves the clone should work. Clip the stem under water (important) and skin the stem for about a quarter inch around the bottom of the stem. Dip in asprin water and then stick in rockwool that is soaked with clean water.

I use a humidity dome but before I found one I used the bottom half of two liter soda bottles covered with plastic wrap, just fill the bottle with exhaled air and refresh once a day. Clones could be replanted after ten days but give it 14 to be safe and make sure it stays moist.

I've had a 100% success rate with this method and have done a couple hundred clones this way at this point. If you want less than 100%, buy some crappy rooting powder or gel off the shelf. I have always had less than 100% success using them.

14. Hawaii 50

Hawaii 50 Veggy Stage

cloning potency am i loosing it

well good thread ta.

one question for ya or anyone else, with some info.

ive been cloning one strain for many years now,ill take a mother use her for a while (maby 12 to 18 months)then run her through the room, it makes great hash.well ive started to notice that it seams to be loosing its stone.

i mother a clone then clone it,mother it for a while then make a clone. ive doon this for years with the same strain,my friends think its loosing its potency also.ive grown it the same over and over. can it loose potency or am i high?

15. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

Yes there are two problems I know of that could affect the potency of your plants. First, cloning has an impact on the plant. Small mutations in the plant occur from one generation of clone to the next. That is why we start to see curled leaves and other small defects after about the 3rd generation of clones.

The other thing is that every plant has a unique profile of cannabinoids that make up the buzz. By smoking the same bud from the same plant you and your friends are building a tolerance to that plant. Give it to someone who hasn't tried it before and it may pack the punch you used to get.

I realized this too when I noticed my premium hydro WW just didn't seem to pack the punch that old school skunk from my hometown did after I'd been smoking it for awhile. Finally I realized the difference is that I cloned the WW and got EXACTLY the same profile every time, where the old skunk was grown from seed had more variety.

The solution is to grow a seed clone and pollinate it. Then grow a fresh new mother from the seeds. Either get a male of the same breed, or introduce some new powerful stock like Mazar.

16. Hawaii 50

Hawaii 50 Veggy Stage

ive seeded it a few times and crossed it with a good kona strain and i have two other strains that are pretty good,i lel a coworker try it and he said its ok,i remember it was a great coutch high.and yes i am probly getting amune to it.ill try some more human research.

thanks

17. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Soooooo Many Questions

Hi growers. This seems to be a pretty helpful thread for everybody, but I'm pretty confused after reading it. I actually have more questions now. I beg your patience. I grow in soil. I don't even know what rockwool is.

What is a "grow tip"? I'm still not clear on where to cut the cutting that will be the clone. After I take the cutting from the initial plant, do I then cut all the leaves off the piece I just took? How many sets of bare nodes should be left on the cutting after I cut the leaves off of it? What do I leave on the cutting...the top 2 leaves? How many sets of nodes do I cover in the rooting hormone? How many sets of nodes deep should I plant the clone in the soil?

I take the cutting and I put it right in water as soon as I take it, right? Then what...leave it in the water? For how long? How much water do I put in it's container? Just enough to cover the bottom of the stem, or more? At what point do I use the rooting hormone? Even if the clone is in a humidity dome, you still mist it anyway? If it's sitting in water w/no humidity dome, do you still mist it? How many times per day am I supposed to mist the clone? Do I set them under 24 hours of light? How strong should the light be? What about heat..do I need to create some type of heat in order to make the humidity? I don't have a humidity dome or anything that bubbles. Can I still clone w/out all that?

18. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

A grow tip is the tip from which new growth sprouts from. Your plant top is a grow tip.

As for the rest you are making it far more complex than it really is. Leave a set of leaves on the top of your cutting. Some people think you are better off clipping those leaves partway down but its optional. How many nodes to have below that is preference as well. Personally I take cuttings between 4" - 6". The rooting hormone again doesn't have to be a specific measurement but generally you'll want to cover the 1/4 to 1/2 inch at the bottom of the cutting that you will score with the knife... if you use rooting hormone, which I don't. I use aspirin water.

As for planting, stick it deep enough that it stays upright and the leaves aren't touching the dirt.

You only put it in water until you are ready to finish prepping your clone. This is like putting cut flowers in water. They keep for awhile. The bottom of the stem must be covered at a minimum. When you have all your cuttings (or enough that you are ready to prep some) you will then take the cuttings out, remove/trim leaves as appropriate, clip the bottom of the stem at an angle under water to prevent air bubbles in the stem, score the bottom 1/4 inch or so with a knife, dip in rooting hormone or asprin water depending on your poison and then stick it in your medium. In your case dirt. You'll then water with plain water. There won't be any waiting period in any of those steps, you'll pick the clone up out of the water, do all that and the next time you put the plant down it will be in the soil.

Lets see, they won't be sitting in water and you won't be misting them at all. I clone under 24hr light about 20-30 inches beneath a couple 40w flouro tubes, maybe 18 will float your boat the big thing is that you won't want them under 12hr light where they will flower or under HID lighting that will cook them. You don't need to create any heat as long as you have a comfortably warm environment in the first place.

You will need to dome them in some way, a plastic sandwich bag turned upside down and stuck over the top of the container will do just fine. The water in the soil will evaporate and become humidity, the humidity will be trapped by the bag, you will see condensation on the sides of the bag that means you have 100% humidity.

And for your last question. You would probably have some success if you chopped off a branch and tossed it in a glass of water on a window sill. Everything else outlined above is just a bonus.

:passit:

TheApprentice likes this.
  19. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

cloning Q&A

ALRIGHT! Answers to all my questions in one shot!! Thanks Bro! I absolutely appreciate it!

20. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

hmmm..................and i just do mine the same granny taught me years ago with house plants, garden plants and flowers, i just put a cutting in a glass of watter in the window works every time.

simplest way i know of.:passit: