confusing plant issues....

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by greenthumbwhitethumb, Jan 4, 2018.

1. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

Hiya folks

I've got another round of green crack going right now, 3 weeks into flower.

I'm having some issues, which are fairly common and identifiable, but what has me stumped is that only some plants show some things. All the same soil, same plain ol' ph'ed water, same strain. I mixed up this soil over a year ago, sealed up in large trash bags, and have been using it ever since, with no problems before.

Looks like I have N deficiency in a couple plants(?? jesus I'm rusty, forgive my stupidity if that's wrong!), and curly leaves on a few stems, as well. (plz refresh my memory on this issue??)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I'll always take advice on how to correct and tweak, my main question is how are these plants, where everything is exactly the same, showing different signs? If it's the exact same soil/nutes, exact same water, exact same yada yada, why is one showing a deficiency, and another is not? Or.... how, on the same plant, is there a stalk with a lot of issues, and just that stalk?

I guess that's my main question, if someone could explain the possible reasons to me.

thx!

GTWT

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Looks like a little hot on the N and a bit light on the mag.
    In my experience the ca. And mg. Deficiency shows first where light is brightest and it looks like the right side is brighter and that is what looks like possible mg def.
    The claw top leaves is the slight N toxicity

greenthumbwhitethumb likes this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Are you using calmag? Which nutes you using?

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

greenthumbwhitethumb likes this.
  5. greenthumbwhitethumb

My soil (Pro-mix & perlite, 50/50) is mixed with blood, bone, and kelp meal, epsoms, worm castings, and a couple other smaller things that I'm spacing on right now. All I add at any stage of the grow is just dechlorinated, pH'ed water. I've heard at the end you can shoot in some molasses but I haven't yet.

JCIO, I have bookmarked the troubleshooting guide from ICMag from way back, but I'll add that one to my list!

6. greenthumbwhitethumb

Perhaps my soil wasn't as mixed as I thought? Like I said, I made a ton of it over a year ago, and I've used it twice before, with minimal/no issues. Which is why I'm confused....

I mean, I'd have a few shitty leaves here and there, but overall (over 95%) my leaves looked bomb until the last couple weeks, which I expect.

7. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I did have some organic super coco that ran out of nutrients very quick, it sat for a long time also but it did get sun, no moisture though. May be it can go bad.

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

My guess would be that you didn't mix the soil well enough causing hot spots. There is for sure too much N in those.

9. greenthumbwhitethumb

So I just got lucky with the other ones! Or I found a pocket of blood meal this go-around. I can't do too much with these, but the next babies in line I'll make sure to mix it up better before I get them in the soil.

Thanks, all!

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Agreeing with Greenjah on this one. Quick ask...what's your overnight garden temp? And it always pays to mix that soil pile one last time before putting it the bin.