Do you use compost tea to feed plants?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Grizzly, May 28, 2010.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly in grow country

:cat2: Any info anyone has on compost tea would be helpful. What "ingredients" do you use for the best tea? Best compost tea brewer?

2. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

i have heard one is sheep shit, and the other cow shit, and one is better for veg, the other better 4 flowering.. good question..i want to know about this as well. :popcorn-2:

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

ingredients for green tea

i am not sure what the make up of green tea is yet...i get 2 gallons from my hydro store when i go there....he gives it away for free....and said it helps with growth...i will ask his formula...i am sure he will help...

(hey grizzly i had to go back and look at your post cause i couldnt spell ingrediants or is it ingredionts or whatever...i copied yours...and it worked...i is an engieer but i cannt speelll it...)

i will keep you posted on the green tea ingredients...

4. rangers420

rangers420 The past cannot be cured

i have 3 compost heaps all different ph's

but if make a tea it is from rabbit shit, a little goes a long ways, also i

use chicken pellets that they sell, at the local for nothing, besides peopl use that instead of real shit. i use a real horse manure, that is possibly 5 years old, and it is mixed in with two of the composts and put directly on certain plants, the only reason i would make a tea is too, keep the rabbit etc shot from being too hot, if you use it straight in, you will burn all your plants up.

no need for a compost tea persay, but i catch your jist, you wanted some soil nutes for quick reaction. i would use bio max soil conditioner, and also their root sti,s, and their bud stims.

bit only a little at a time, and spaininly and as well, later in the flower more then in the veg, thats just me, i starve my plants in veg to make them female, my own throry i happen to believe in but what the hey.

5. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

[quote name=

.... i starve my plants in veg to make them female, my own throry i happen to believe in but what the hey.....[/quote]

Never heard of this but shit never thought of it either! but i guess i sex mine at about 2-3 weeks. Dnt give me no shit you sick fucks lol!!

6. rangers420

this is exactly how i do it

wtf

7. Grizzly

Grizzly in grow country

wtf?

?does? anyone? know? ?what ?compost? tea is? my questions remain unanswered

8. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Yes, I have used compost tea. It works fine as long as you have a working knowledge of how to compost correctly. There is a good thread out there about it.

I take some out, throw it in a coffee filter, tie it up, and then bubble in water for a few hours. I also use/have used coffee grounds, fish poop, hydrogen peroxide, lime, and Epsom salt. If you are using tea that comes from a bin (IE water collection in the bottom) make sure you dilute it.

Unless you got your compost down to an art, I suggest always adding lime to the tea to balance out the PH, and if you smell anything other than a nice "soil" smell, the compost needs to be adjusted before it is used.

Look for that thread, and hit me up in PM if you have any questions about composting in general. There are many others to ask as well. Good luck. :smoke2:

9. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I would use an old knee high sock.

Put a few scoops from the kitchen/yard scraps compost pile in my yard into it, hang it in a 5 gal bucket of water with an air stone and wait 3-5 days until it had this nasty foam on top and smelled really good and earthy, pH adjust then use. Dump the left overs in the sock back into the compost.

The brewing with an airstone is important. Helps keep the aerobic bacteria alive which is what you want. They make the tea active. If it doesn't get air. the anaerobic bacteria take charge and you get this rancid rotting mess of a tea.

10. rangers420

good answers

sounds spot on, have to have the compost right first.