Duffman's new grow. Oh yeah!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by DuffMan, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Looking good!

2. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

Coming along nicely. I only have my phone right now so I cant link my last 2 vids to the forum. Unless someone wants to go to my YouTube page and' link them for me.

Here's a pic or 2 in the meantime

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hash Bomb at day 25 or so.

3. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

How you doing Duff? I enjoy watching your vids very entertaining and informative.

I'm interested in the ladybugs and how they been working out for you?

My grow is tiny compared to yours and I believe the infestation is in the early stages but from my research I guess that quickly change. I have treated with some organic spider mite spray from a grow store and a hotshot strip but im thinking its gonna take more than that to rid my garden of these bastards.

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

How long ago did you pop the Hotshot?

I've said it before, but once I had a BAD mite problem. One HS in the Flower room and one in the grow tent and it was gone.

5. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

Hey Astro, whats upman. I actually got the idea from reading one of your posts. I dont remember what thread cuz I been reading so many latley but I think I did it pretty much as you said in your post.

Clipped it to a box fan two days ago blowing at the clones, The grow space is 7'x5' sealed area with a A/C window unit for fresh air and 6" exhaust with a blower pretty much running 24/7. The spider mites seem gone but I have feeling they will be back.:redbong:

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

You turned off the blower for 3-4 hours to allow the room to fill with vapor right? If not that's why the hotshot did t work.

Sorry duff for cluttering up your thead

Duc

7. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

:BangHead:Im sorry too Duff this is my last post about this stuff here. Yeah thats why i mentioned the ventilation was going cuz I kinda realized I F'd up. Im sorry I cant help it Im a noob!

Found a few more mites. I took the plants to my kitchen sink and gently rinsed the leaves under the faucet for a good while especially the undersides. Gonna try the hot shot again tomorrow with air and vent off this time and see what happens.

I like the lady bugs though. im wondering how many in a small space? I really dont want to deal with chemicals when flowering.

BTW Duff, big fan of your vids. Please keep them coming.

Bong:redbong:

8. DuffMan

What would you like to know about the lady bugs? They are working great. Put them in a little while ago and the first batch had all but disappeared so I bought a new box of them just in case and I havent seen a mite since.

9. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Love the Lady Bugs. I release them in my garden everytime I find them around my house. I did notice that if you mist the plants with water they will run to a droplet of water on a leaf and drink from the water droplet.

Duff keep up the good work my friend. :thumbsup:

10. DuffMan

Im excited to go to the garden and try that. I have really been enjoying watching them march up and down the leaves. Where do they go though? I am finding a disproportionate amount of dead lady bugs around my garden. Its a sealed room so they aren't escaping.

Sometimes when I water I see them floating around at the base of the plants. Do you think they bury themselves into the soil? We'll see once I take down the garden.

Theres a video or 2 on my youtube page that I cant link here from my phone if you guys wanna check em out.

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Misting helps keep them alive. If you used an pesticide in the past that can have a residual effect too. When I've used ladybugs they always seems to cook themselves on my lights.

Ladybugs don't burrow. They mate openly and lay eggs on the undersides of leaves and branches.

12. DuffMan

Ya perfect I have been misting from time to time. Im happy with how long a pack of "1000" lasts me. Im just wondering where they are disappearing to. My lights are in vented hoods so they aren't baking themselves on the bulbs try as they might. Of the "1000" that went in I can see maybe 1-200 dead ones on the ground and maybe the same amount on the plants and flying around. I dont know, it just looks like a lot fewer than I put in.

The room is pretty much sealed in and out and there apparently aren't any in the actual house.

Twice I have won those guess how many jelly beans are in the jar contests so I feel I'm a pretty good estimater.

13. Mrgreengenes

Most likely a bunch of the lady bugs end up going out the exhaust vent:flipando:

14. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

:roffl:If your lady bugs are hungry they come visit my garden for a while.

15. DuffMan

Do u think they could find a way through the carbon filter? There is a mystery here. the air vent coming in has a filter and the exhaust vent has the carbon filter. The room is pollyed "air tight" and the door has weather stripping all around it. The house where the garden is located has no ladybugs in it either. Hmmmmmm perplexity.

16. Mrgreengenes

I'll bet some are getting behind the Polly.

17. DuffMan

Ya i bet you're right, there must be a tiny hole somewhere or something because I tuck tapped the crap out of every seam.

Im sure when the garden comes down I'll find a pile of them somewhere between the polly and the drywall or something. No problem at all though as long as they eat a few dozen mites before they go lol.

Good news everyone! Im getting internet back on Friday. So I can upload all the vids I've been doin.

18. DuffMan

A flood of videos

Sorry these are old now but thought you guys would still enjoy

[YOUTUBE]D00LW-s_O40[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]40jiyBc57e4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZGDAPyyR85s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7MRE42A2wK0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9I0X536NMfk[/YOUTUBE]

19. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Looking good duff! Tastey sativa?