DWC vs ENF vs Soil

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Domin8rix, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

[​IMG]

OMG, they are totally taking over!!!

[​IMG]

Fairly even canopy... other than the little dip in the center where one of my soil plants is.

[​IMG]

Soil buds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Hydro buds :love4: :punk:

[​IMG]

The next generation impatient to get in there and go crazy!!!

-------Dom

2. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

supercropping works wonders, too, dom for keeping 'em short and squat.

good thing they're "penned in"; looks like they're ready to bust outta there! :D

3. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

I don't think I can do SCROG just because it would be impossible to get to the back corner to check/fill the res... LST is a possibility, but it's just too much work. The plants are so branchy (and even the lower branches are forming decent size buds) that I'd have to have 20 or 30 strings... we'll see how my yeilds are this harvest and go from there I think :)

4. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

:angel8: Yeah, when I open the door they flop out like "Raaarrr!! We're escaping!!" lol

I think Cindy99 really shows its Sativa dominance by getting a little gangly; I'm thinking about sprouting some AK or WR beans just because those strains tend to stay a little shorter.

At this point I may have to tie 'em down anyway just to keep them from getting burned by my lamp... either that or I'll have to change the way my lamp hangs.

5. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Use my V-SCROG method and no strings are needed. Start training them before the buds and branches get big. You can grow a sativa in less than 1 foot of vertical space.

6. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Neat-O! I'm totally going to give this a shot with my girls I currently have vegging... Looks very cool; I like the thing about being able to evenly expose the branches to the light... I tend to veg my girls longer than that though; I don't know if I could fit them in that small of a space efficently. Worth a shot though!

-------Dom

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

My Blue Mystics were 1 foot tall from vegging before I put them in the DWC buckets with the cage. They were slightly taller than the cage, but I trained them down a bit, then started training them to go horizontally around the cage. Here they are at 4 weeks flowering...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

My plants have 2-3 times the branches though... did you trim them a bunch?

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

This is only my 2nd grow, so I'm still learning from my mistakes. Thankfully MJ is very forgiving. I finally have all the right tools and nutes now so my 3rd grow will be much better than this one. Don't judge the effectiveness of vertical scrog on this grow.

One of the problems is there is very little roots, I put up a thread to find out why. Also, I stupidly cut the main stem off all of them when they were vegging. I thought I was topping them and that 2 more branches would grow in their place, but NOTHING GREW. I guess I don't know how to top either.:rolleyes2:

I consider it a success if I have enough smoke to last me 'till the next harvest. I have 5 plants that I don't have to share with anyone so even a small harvest will last me awhile:smoke2:

10. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

I did get a little from my second grow... but not much lol. It did manage to last me until I got my third grow under my belt though :) and now on my first hydro grow I'm hoping against hope that I come close to 1G/Watt. We'll just have to see how well I can do.

11. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

A massive tangle of nugs

For once I'm going to just let the pics speak for themselves. It'll be obvious which is hydro and which is soil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^This is a secondary branch... not a main cola :love4:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is only week 5 of flower... they still have about 3 weeks to go!

12. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

they're beautiful, dom! :D i wish everyone would try hydro! hopefully, some of these dirt growers will see your results and take the hint!

it ain't rocket science, is it? :)

Domin8rix likes this.
  13. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

It is really easy... higher maintenance than soil and more expensive as these girls are sucking up about a quart of water a day... and that means a LOT more nutes. But nutes are cheap compared to electricity!

I'm amazed at the results, even though I'm only using 2.5 gallon buckets... I didn't think it was going to be this much of a landslide. The soil plants look good... it's just that they are 1/5th or less the size of the DWC plants.

14. StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds TooStonedToPost

Consider me inspired im so ticked off that my soils PH went thru the floor (4-5 range) Im not gonna waste another expensive seed on soil after this grow ima try my hand at a DWC grow from what i gather things go bad fast but they can be corrected just as quickly.

Not to mention more bud = happier StinkyBudz!!

15. BillyBob

BillyBob Banned

Hey Dom ima new and all but very interested into Hydro :p and all those hydros in the buckets what are the black wire looking things? Are those hoses that pump bubbles in the water?

And also BC nutrients? full name please? I think ima concidering hydro with a SCROG style :p in a little area. well see what happends :p

16. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Yep, it's soooo much easier to regulate the pH in hydro. If it gets out of control, simply dump out the water and put new water in!

17. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Yes, the black hoses are my airhoses that bubble the buckets. I use a 100 gallon aqarium pump for 6 buckets and it works great for me so far.

BC nutes are made by Tecnaflora. They are less expensive than other nutes like GH but I find them to be working quite well!

18. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

I have officially sworn off soil for any purpose of growing related to marijuana... They are SO HUGE!!! lol hydro surpassed my expectations a hundred fold. I have as much bud on one plant as I had on a dozen of my little soil girls. It's insane. I know there are lots of hardcore soil peeps out there, but all I have to say is it's all about potential. I wanted to get the most bud out of the space and electricity I use as possible... Here's the difference between soil and hydro:

[​IMG]

The bud circled in red is the soil bud. Normally she's sitting on a bucket to equalize the canopy, but I wanted to show the difference in height and girth. The hydro plants surrounding this soil plant are a week younger. They are also 3 weeks behind this lady (yes this is ONE plant :love4: ):

[​IMG]

^^Main cola

[​IMG]

^^One branch

[​IMG]

^^Another branch

This girl has 8-9 branches and they are ALL this big... notice there are NO orange hairs? The end date for this girl is March 2nd, I'm going to have to tie her up to keep her from breaking branches off. Just look at her roots!:

[​IMG]

It's unreal... if you haven't give hydro a try you need to just give it a shot. Trust me, you won't regret it. I gurantee it.

-------Dom

19. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Welcome to the dark side Dom! Hydro rules for speedy growth, which correlates to more, bigger nuggets!

20. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Yeah, it's absolutely amazing. You should see the clones I have lol. They're already too big for my veg space... I dont' know if they'll make it another 2 or so weeks.