DWC vs ENF vs Soil

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Domin8rix, Dec 27, 2006.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob Banned

Hey Domin if I read correctly this is your 3rd - 4th grow so your still roughly new but better then me but we share same rank just about but if you dont mind you think you can tell me exactly what nutirent you used from this website below... if its not any of those could you post exacly link that you ordered from :p Ima in the process of getting all my materials together before i start my next grow.. First grow is just dwindling but i hope they bounce back.. fuck soil :p (no offense soil users)

http://www.hhydro.com/cgi-bin/hhydro/FERTILIZER_HYDROPONICS.html

2. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

^^^From my good buddy ROTJ, he's a swell guy indeed!

3. BillyBob

BillyBob Banned

alright man thanks you have been a great help :p really appreciate it

4. trillnmpls

trillnmpls TRIPPIN IN YANKEELAND

what do you start your ppms at in the dwc?

5. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

I believe it was about 220-300. I have been following the "recipe for success" that Tecnaflora has which lines out a specific mixture of nutes for each stage of growth. I was skeptical at first but at the very start I didn't have a TDS meter so I just followed it... it worked great!

6. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG they are doing so well :love4: I'm so excited! This the end of week 6, only 2 weeks to go!

[​IMG]

The next generation waiting... these ladies are going to be monsters when I flower them. I'm definately going to need to do something about their height.

7. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Beware the Gardener with a lighter in the room... LOL Just kidding Dom.

Looking great!

8. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

:eusa_shifty: What me? Smoke weed? Never!!! :laughing5:

I'm so excited! These are far and away the best plants I have ever grown, and I've got a few soil grows under my belt. It's funny, these ladies look kinda like mutants, the buds aren't all uniform and even there are lumps and stuff coming off all sides and they aren't symetrical at all... but they are big and plump, I can hardly wait... especially since my stash is running dangerously low. I think it'll hold out for a month or so though so I can give a couple of the smaller buds a cursory curing before I smoke 'em. The bigger ones will probably take a lot longer.

Does anyone have a decent DIY drying box? I'm thinking about taking one of the tubs I used as a res for my ebb and flow experiment and turning it into a curing box with a couple computer fans...

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

10. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Looks great! I'm gping to make one today!

11. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

That seems awfully fancy!

I just use a cardboard box and run string across. I cut 2 holes in it, one one the upper left side and one on the lower right side. Works just fine.

[​IMG]

Although I do like the one with the built in carbon scrubber because drying weed smells up the whole house. Maybe I can add one to my box.

12. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

13. PurePlaya420

PurePlaya420 Full Flowering

I havent checked in on this in a long time it all looks great! Got a quick question tho. how far should the net pots be above the water. and what type of medium are you using?

~Peace

14. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

I actually have my netpots in the water a little bit; I just make sure that the water doesn't come up high enough to soak the rockwool cube. I'm using Hygromite for a grow medium. Evidently it's volcanic ash that falls directly into water or something... works awesome.

15. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

First one down!

So I looked at the triches on my biggest girl and was amazed to see that they were almost half amber! Without further ado I chopped her down... but first I did a quick compro between her and the biggest soil girl... just a quick side by side for the purposes of showing the sheer dominance of hydro. In my amount of space there's no way to get better yeilds than hydro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here she is after being trimmed up... this is ONE plant. By far the largest and heaviest I have ever grown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice and frosty, just the way I like 'em :)

[​IMG]

natemic likes this.
  16. mrdope

mrdope The Cannabis Grower

Awww.....drools:punk: Now dont forget to send me a sample.

Enjoy your fruits of labor. After drying of course.

17. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Looks yummy! Is that C99?

18. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Just smoked the finger hash... soooooooo fucking baked right now :punk:

Yep, it's the best C99 I've ever grown.. the other stuff didn't bush out quite so much, and the nugs weren't nearly as dense as this either. The high is soooo up and energetic :love4: that's why C99 is my favorite.

19. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Harvest time is the best!!

Wow, what a difference with the hydro/soil side-by-side!!

How long were those flowering?? :confused: That soil plant looks pretty scraggy.

Congrats on your harvest, Dom! :eusa_dance: :animbong:

20. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Congrats! Great job on your conversion to Hydro.:punk: