e cig oil

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by greenjah, Jan 7, 2015.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I am trying to get my simpson oil thin enough to put in a refillable e cig. I know you can put vegetable glycerin in an e cig and THC dissolves in glycerin, well i put 1 ml simpson oil in a bottle (it is thick, but not so thick you cant get it out of a syringe) and put 2 ml of glycerin in. I put the bottle in hot water to heat it up and shook it, it looked great, nice consistent color. Then it cooled and it then separated, wtf i thought THC dissolved in glycerin i just wasted 2 g's of oil.

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Can't use just vegetable glycerin. Gotta use a Vg mix with PG that also contains peg300 and peg400. At least PEG 400. Otherwise will separate like a mofo.

3. greenjah

So the stuff from tractor supply? Whats the peg300 and 400.

Do i have to mix the vg or can i use just pg

4. skunky

PEG is polyethylene glycol. You dissolve in that then dilute with the VG/PG mix. I use a 70/30 ratio. The PEG kinda acts as a binder or emulsifier to keep it in suspension much longer.

5. greenjah

Cool thank you. So i will get the polyethylene 400, dissolve in that at a 1 part oil 1.5 part polyethylene glycol and then dilute to the thickness i want with a mix of 70% propylene glycol ond 30% vegetable glycerin.

To all who read this in the future, do NOT use ethylene glycol, it is the poison in radiator fluid. When i google shop for polyethylene glycol the ethylene also comes up so be sure you have the right one.

I just went back and read your post again and you said 70% VG and 30% PG, is that right? I did some reading and people were saying that they use mostly PG because it vaporizes better but that could have been the atomizer vaporizers, not sure. I read to much my brain hurts. lol.

6. skunky

Sorry 70 PG and 30 Vg. Or you can go all PG to dilute the PEG 400. There was a company that used to make it all premixed but just as easy to do yourself.

greenjah likes this.
  7. greenjah

I will order the peg 400 and i asked the guy at the smoke shop what there e liquid was and they use a mix of pg and vg so i will just get that from them if i want flavors and tsc has pg by the gal if i dont want flavor.

Thanks again

8. greenjah

Well i got the polyethylene glycol and the oil mixed good in it but when i mixed it with the stuff from the smoke shop. (67% PG and 33% VG) the PG is probly a bit less, the flavoring has to take up some %.

Anyway it seperated again after i mixed the oil polyethylene mix with it, not as bad but still way to much.

Any ideas? Can i just put the oil, polyethylene mix right into the e cig?

9. SpawnOfDXE

SpawnOfDXE Germinating

Ok, have bene lurking this thread a little and I have a question!!

I found a mix of PEG/VG pre done, so I'm on my way to making some juice. My question is this, how do i do this? Do i just add bho to this PEG/VG mix then shake and go? Is there an extra step needed in there somewhere? Heat? anything? DXE asked me to experiment with this one for him when he has to travel.

Also, what about using nicotine free pre-flavored ejuice? Could that be used in place of buying PEG and VG? I've got a few empty unused tanks for my power pen and am hoping to experiment this weekend.

10. greenjah

I am using simpson oil made with naptha, i am having a hell of a time. Yes the 0% nicotine e juice is already a mix of PG and VG but the oil separates as soon as it cools so i used the polyethylene glycol and it did not separate but the when i added to the PG, VG mix it again separated so i have no success yet but that dosnt mean it wont work with bho or other concentrates.

I am also still looking for any thoughts on this.

11. DXE

DXE Moderator

All

While e-cigs and supplyts (batteries, etc) are legal to take on flights - as per TSA - are there detectors in place that might detect the THC in the concoction spawnOfDXE is making for my e-cig??

BTW: Spawns avitar is REALLY her :)

12. greenjah

I wouldnt risk taking it on a flight. The detectors are dogs and they have probably trained them to sniff out concentrates by now also, just to much trouble to risk it.

I am going to try making the juice right from the trim and bud with vegie glycerin and see if i can mix alcohol with it so when the alcohol evaporates the VG is left more concentrated, you can make it with just the glycerin but you cant fit much bud in the amount of glycerin you want to smoke so it needs to be expanded for the soaking process.

13. DXE

DXE Moderator

You dont think they are more interested in sniffing out PET or other explosives instead of pot??

14. greenjah

They are but they will investigate anything the dog signals on.

15. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

It seems like you could make a alcohol tincture and mix that with the glycerine oils. Then you wouldn't need an extra emulsifier Right?

A friend was telling me about "vaportinis" vaporizing vodka and such. So I don't see where the grain alcohol would have any adverse effects.

16. DXE

DXE Moderator

I was thinking about this... I go thru TSA security a few times a month. My carry on is stored in my closet where I have gallon glass jars of weed - usually open during cure cycles. My clothes (in same closet) as well as my luggage (to a scent dog) all wreek of weed. I have never had a problem.

One small e-cig jar with scented BHO oil in there isnt going to change that.

I still cant imagine x-ray would flag that - especially when packed with legit ecig stuff.

17. skunky

Maybe it has something to do with the RSO. I've only ever used either bubble hash, iso wash from bubble bags, or BHO. I would heat to around 190 and dissolve in by stirring little by little. I have some stuff i made about 2 months ago from dried bubble hash and it doesn't really separate at all. A little but just a quick swirl takes care of that.