FAQ contribution

Discussion in 'Member Contributions and Social Media Forum' started by JuggaloKing420, Jun 1, 2013.

1. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I'm looking for some help from Growkind. I'm updating the FAQ section, and could use some input from my fellow GKer's. If you think you have something that is FAQ worthy, or can do better than what's already there, post here. Any section of the FAQ is up for grabs, but there are a few that need some help.

Odor control (A) Carbon filter setup (B) Ozone Generator setup

Scrog

SOG - done

Bubble Cloner

Aero Cloner

We've contacted a few members about participating, but could use a few more. Member contribution is what runs this forum and you should be proud to make your mark. It doesn't matter if you're a seasoned vet or a noob, if it's FAQ worthy, post it here.

We need detailed How - to type dialogues complete with pictures. Currently, the FAQ is full of good write ups, but the pics are missing. Instead of just filling in the blanks, we're going to re work it.These pictures will be owned by GK so you won't be able to take them if you leave.

I can keep a list of who's doing what if you want to call dibs, but we can have a vote for the best if there's more than one member doing a topic. I would be personally grateful if I could get some help with this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I think the Clone Scotty Clone thread has the best guide for taking cuttings.

That can be combined with the DIY Aerocloner guide that was already posted on the forums. I made mine based off of it, and was finally able to get cloning down with the help of LV, and the Cloning guide mentioned above. There is a mini guide throughout, that Teamster does, that is incredible.

The Aerocloner guide is solid. If you wanted to take the important chunks from the Cloning guide, you could make a simpler version of that. My two cents...

3. JuggaloKing420

Yes, but the Clone Scotty Clone thread is full of clutter. Not saying that's a bad thing as conversation is good help to reach the goal. What I need is the basic thread that will be locked so there can be no other posts. A simple step by step guide for new growers to go to for answers to specific questions, not an hours worth of reading and filtering through conversation.

4. JuggaloKing420

And I would perfer if we included how to set up/ build the cloner or which ever section of the faq that the person is covering.

Edit: I don't feel that I'm asking a whole lot, just a little bit of member participation to help out our home. I could do it all myself, but I think Gk's members should take pride in making it an even better forum.

LionLoves420 likes this.
  5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I could definitely help with the Aerocloner Sticky. I'll be willing to do whatever you guys think will help there. I have a thread going with a few pics. I could do a new set of pics from cut to transplant if it will be helpful. I'm having the best time with my ne EZ-Clone Machine. :passsit:

6. JuggaloKing420

If you're willing to help out, I'll gladly take it. There has been a few people interested in the Aero Cloner. I don't want to ruffle any feathers so we'll all take a vote if it comes to it. Just submit it to Member contributions.

I do realize some sections of the FAQ will take more time to complete than others. How to set up a Carbon filter takes minutes where as cloning takes a week or two and SOG and SCROG take grow cycles.

I just want to get this out there so there is at least a basic idea of who is willing to do what. The FAQ isn't going to be sorted out all at once, it's going to take a while for everything to come together.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Naw... No worries. If there are others willing to do it and are capable of contributing worthy content, I'm cool with that. I've been her for a while, I'm known... for better or worse... I'm not trying to squeeze anyone out of the FAQ Better them than me. I'm here if they fall through though.. :thumbsup: :passsit:

8. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I made a little carbon filter from a coffe can, if it would help I can break it down and take pics of my steps and how/where I got materials. There's a lot of nice scrubber and filter threads already though so I don't know how helpful it would be except that its really cheap to make- like 20-30 bucks tops.

9. JuggaloKing420

10. JuggaloKing420

Just want to be clear ANY section of the FAQ could be worked on. The sections I posted above aren't the only ones that can be worked on.

11. JuggaloKing420