Finally a cold day...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Its going to be in the middle 30's tonight. It was just 80+ degs the other day. I may go streaking with my socks on...

But my main question is, if my moms are in a closet in the garage under leds, should I switch it to hps, like 400w to keep it hotter? Its not going to get colder than the 50's in there, i dont even know the rule of thumb for cold weather since I never get any and always grow inside.

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'd keep it warm in there just to be on the safe side. 30's is too cold for sure, especially for any length of time.

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I have to run a heater on the cold days. It has been down to the 20's at night here. Once the lights come on , it is ok after an hour or so.

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

They won't die but the sure as shit won't be happy even in the 50's. Everything slows way down as the root mass temps drop much below the upper 60's. This year I've been running a few small 125w panel heaters in the rooms plugged in to thermostatically controlled outlets. So far I've been able to keep the lights off temperatures in the mid 70's when it's in the 20's outside. I've balanced the exhaust fans so that the don't come on until the room hits 77 deg which helps me to get away with only using 125w of heat!

cheers
    Duc

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I am glad I posted the question, I remembered I got a heater with a thermostat on it. It worked great. Its back up in the 70's now.

Lvstickybud and ducrider like this.