Free Weed from Danny Danko Episode 69!

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Discorilla, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

https://soundcloud.com/hightimesmag/free-weed-episode-69

"Episode 69 of HIGH TIMES Presents Free Weed from Danny Danko was recorded live at the 2014 Seattle US Cannabis Cup on Sunday, September 7.

This expert panel, led by HT senior cultivation editor Danny Danko, features K from Trichome Technologies, Scott from Rare Dankness, legendary breeder DJ Short and Mike Boutin (Weed Country).

Don’t miss this live episode of Free Weed brought to you by BC Northern Lights."

I did not make the cup this year, but I heard it was a good one! Next year, Disco Industries is entering with something! Enjoy another episode!

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Does anyone use these lighting schedules they speak of in this episode? The 12+1 in the veg and/or the 11 on and 13 off in the flower cycle? The way they explain it it makes sense

3. Discorilla

I have been considering switching my flower to the 11 on, 13 off. I would say if DJ Short says he's noticed something, it would be a good thing to pay attention to it. He knows his shit!

I know that I have definitely picked up a lot of little tips through these episodes when they pop up!

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

You know whats funny, ive be running 11/13 because of a timer issue.

But DJ short is a legend in my humble opinion

5. Discorilla

I've got some F13s of his I am going to be running soon. I am also going to try getting a hold of one of his Original Blueberry clones.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

You do that and I'm flying and grabbing a clone. I've never smoked that before, you always wonder if it lives up to the hype

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:not-worthy::not-worthy:

8. Grown in Tx.

Man, they said using the 12+1 in veg keeps the plant on the verge of flowing, so it already has the pre flowers when you put it into flower, BUT using it with the 11/13 for flower really gives it a boost in flower so it allows the pheno traits to show more and you get more weight. I'm interested in trying it out.

9. Discorilla

I'll switch my lights to an hour less, and see what happens. Most of my stuff is only 3-4 weeks in at the moment. Let's see if they do some stuff!

10. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

The 12+1 sounded theoretically solid. But with what I have now I've cloned for so long and veg for longer than some so pre flowers are always there. Not really by design but a timing issue. I just try to stay way ahead with the clones and vegging plants to insure there's no blank spots in the flowering area. When one comes out another takes it's place within minutes.

But the 11-13 sounds like something worth giving a shot. I've always had the mind set that it's better to have less light and more dark. 11:45 and 12:15 is what I've set most timers with 15 min intervals. Even gone as far as 11:30 and 12:30 on some, but never a full hour.

But it sounds like a great idea, especially in the heat of the summer. Just wondering the effects of back and forth with the seasons because of the lights valuable heat in the winter. Maybe make a gradual change, like 15 a week or every few days or just whack off an hour?

Be Cool, CG

11. Discorilla

I'd do a half hour on each side, or an hour at the end.

12. Grown in Tx.

I'm running more than one table, so I would have to have some plants deal with the light change. I currently run my veg lights 24hrs. I've heard talk about a dark cycle in veg but never really used it. I always thought more light hours= bigger better plants. Never thought about the extra stretching that's involved.

13. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, that's what I've always done. So I have no way to compare. DJ and the guys in the conversation mentioned varying certain aspects then keeping detailed notes. I do pay close attention to any changes I try, it's apparent effects, and make mental notes. But there's sooo many things I've yet to gain total and constant control over that trying to make sense of a shit load of data would be futile. Maybe one day!!

They also stressed trying to perfect fewer strains at a time made the process much easier. Jumping from strain to strain made it very hard to get the most out of any single one.

Be Cool, CG

14. Grown in Tx.

So the strangest thing happened today, I stopped in a store for a coke, 2 middle eastern dudes behind the counter, one gave me my change and as i was turning to walk away the other guy apparently pushed play on his phone. I heard like 2 words and thought that's Danny and then I hear "so, without further ado" I turned back real quick with a big smile as someone walked in and he paused it. They were looking at me like oh shit:icon_confused: he knows, I just chuckled and walked out. I might have talked about the show with them some if that other dude wouldn't have walked in.

15. Grown in Tx.

I switched my lights to the 12+1 veg and 11/13 flower. I figure those guys know what they'r talking about and are not give bad advice...I hope. Need to build a cabinet asap for clones and mom's though. In fact I'm going out to switch the veg back now. Just till i can get a spot for moms and clones. Damn