Gelato #33 and TGA Seeds

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by blazerwill420, Jul 28, 2017.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Today I picked up a cut of Gelato #33 from Alpine Alternative in Sacramento and they said (after I paid of course) that it is from TGA Seeds and grown by someone called Sway215. Anyone know anything about TGA and his seed business these days? It's been several years since I bought any of his gear and frankly would not have bought this if I had know before hand. But, now I have it and I did grow another cut of it from someone else so I know what to expect and I guess we will see.

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Gelato wasn't bred by TGA. I believe it's Cookie fam.

Sway just works around Sub.

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's what I thought but they are saying sub made the seeds and sway grew it out. Not too impressed with sways gear. I got a clone of his about two months ago and it has not grown in the slightest, and I mean at all. The only tga gear I'd waste my time with again is cheesquake but only if I knew I was going to get the pheno I used in my Cheese krush.

4. Discorilla

I don't think that's right. Sub may have sourced that cut, but he didn't create that strain.

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I know for a fact he didn't create the strain but I'm wondering if he just didn't get a hold of the base pairs and make the cross himself. You got cookies, you got sherbert, both of which are readily available in Ca, you make the cross and boom there ya go. That sounds like something sub would do.

6. Discorilla

I think it may be that Alpine is really into TGA. They've taken credit for a lot of stuff.

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

They have two 6x8 racks of clones and every single one was a tga strain I recognized. I got the only gelato they had. They also sell a lot of his flower.

Discorilla likes this.
  8. Discorilla

Yeah, it's gotta be a cut their circle is running then. I know Alpine pushes them pretty hard!

9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Proof will be in the pudding as they say since I've ran a "legit" cut before.

Discorilla likes this.
  10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I contacted them when I posted this and asked them also. They're usually fast about answering but nada as of yet.

11. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This is the response I finally got from ms Jill and alpine...

Alpine Alternative carries seeds and clones grown by Sway215. Sway has taken TGA Seed packs and has selected the best phenotypes for our shelves. **Gelato 33 is NOT TGA Genetics.** At our shop we do carry clones from many seed companies like Aficionado, Crocket, TGA etc. Hope this clears it up for you!

12. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

When you buy clones are they rooted?

13. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Yes, always. Sometimes they are in grow medium like coco but most of the time they are just in rooted cubes.

14. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Of course they are, otherwise they would be called "cuts".

15. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I just refer to a rooted cone as a cut. Plants will always be from a seed or a cut.

ResinRubber likes this.
  16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA