GHS "Trainwreck"

Discussion in 'Strain Guide' started by hygrade, Jun 8, 2008.

1. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

Growers Strain report

Strain: GHS "Trainwreck"

Hybrid ,F1,Black label,etc: Supposed S1 of the Arcata cut

Statistics:?

Growing Method: JOG (I think)
    Light Wattage: 400 watt

Avg Daytime Temp (F): 78f

Avg Nighttime Temp(F): 65f

Avg Daytime Humidity: 55%

Avg Nighttime Humidity: 65%

Finished Plant Height(ft.): 20" from elbow(closer to 30" total)

Avg Dry Weight(oz.): 2 oz.(gimme a break I'm learning here:qbluewacko: )

Potency Rating(/10): 3/10

Yield Rating: ? I'd guess 4/10

THC rating: No percentage claim from Greenhouse, I say it's low

Germination rating: 100%(4 out of 4)

Female ratio: Outstanding! 100%:qbluewacko:(fem seeds)

Grown: 2 (3rd one didn't make it,my fault,gave 4th seedling away)

Medium: Perlite

Indica/Sativa Ratio: ?If I had to guess,I'd say 40/60,indica/sativa.surely I'm wrong

System: Hempy Buckets

# Weeks Veg: 8(not necessary)

Container: 12 litre sterlite trashcan

# Weeks Flower: 8

Seed/Clone: seed

# Weeks Flush: 10 days

Parentage/Genetics: Who knows?

Overall rating(/10): 4/10

History: Useless says: "TW was bred in No. Cal. by Steve Tuck is the info I had on the breeder. S.T. had a lot of controversy about him back in the 90's." Greenhouse claims to have gotten a clone of the Arcata cut of the Trainwreck a few years back first they said from Arcata,then later that changed to Nevada.Supposed to be S1's of that clone.

Curing Method: mason jar,1 month

LIGHTING
    and Plant Information:
    Number of Lights Used in Veg: 5

Type of Lights Used in Veg: 23 watt 6500k cfl's

Number of Lights Used in Flower: 1
    Type of Lights Used in Flower:400 watt HPS

What the breeder says::((they even trademarked the name!)TrainWreck ® (Feminised) Awards: Not introduced to competitions yet. Genetics: Original clone from Arcata, USA. Reversed 100% feminized. Effect: Like the name suggests, a real blast. It hits fast, and it hits hard. Stoney on the body, confusing and trippy on the brain. A truly powerful smoke. Flowering indoor: Ready in 8 weeks, expect a lot of resin and tower-like calyx formation deforming the buds in the final stages of ripening. Production up to 500 grams per square meter. Flowering outdoor: Ready beginning October, with stretchy branches and long shaped colas. Production up to 700 grams per plant.

Seems to me that everything from Flowering indoor forward is all true,everything before that is suspect

Nutrient Regime Information: Gh Flora 3 part,0-5-10ml per gal, 1/4tsp epsom salts per gal,ph 5.5

Pest/Disease Information: No problems at all,seemed healthy

Comments on Medical Effectiveness/Symptoms Helped by usage:Does not seem to me that it would have much med use,seems pretty weak.

General Comments and Observations: A very fast germinating and growing plant ,very vigorous.A little stretchy,grow it like they do in the youtube video.definitely tie it down a little.

Odour: Not a high level of smell,had the odour of mold and something similar to poo to me,but again,very weak,faint

Potency:3/10

Essential Info: Don't expect alot!

THC levels: low

Yield: Breeder says 500 grams per square meter indoors,700 outdoors

SOURCE: Greenhouse Seeds/Tha Doc

Miscallaneous:?

Will Hybrids be Grown from this? Possibly

Strains Crossed? not yet

Will Seeds be Available to Public: absolutely

Grower Comments: Save your bread and growspace!

Member strain report/comments/Advice: Read above entry

LINK:http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29302&highlight=trainwreck

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9928&cat=500&ppuser=15699

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9927&limit=recent

_these are the most mature pics i had where you can see anything(barely) this is at 5 weeks_________________

ishmeil likes this.
  2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thank's for the report! I was so sure I was going to order TW the last time; ordered HP instead. Glad I didn't!

Thank's Again :affro:

3. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

LMFAO! GHS trademarked the name trainwreck, when they had nothing to do with its creation, and the plants are obviously not the real TW. Someone needs to go give Argay a bitch slap upside the head. He is singlehandedly destroying the cannabis gene pool. He takes fake genetics, labels them as the newest elite cut, and makes a crap load of fems using sts or cs. By doing so, they are destroying the neames of the real genetics, mud up the gene pool because people dont know any better. Unfuckingbelieveable.

By making only fem seeds, you bottleneck the gene pool.

Also, has anyone thought about the fact that he is charging high dollar for seeds which he had no part in breeding? All they are doing is using sts or cs to reverse a clone and make s1's. That is not breeding. Any retard with a battery and some silver can do that. HAHAHA.

IMHO, buy from breeders, not from pollen chucking hacks that have no clue how to breed cannabis, just how to market it. Dont buy into the hype.

TW was bred in No. Cal. by Steve Tuck is the info I had on the breeder. S.T. had a lot of controversy about him back in the 90's.

I have some real trainwreck pictures around somewhere. I'll see if I can find them for you guys.

If anyone wants real trainwreck seeds from an outcross, go to Meduser and check out the e-32. An outcross of real TW, that retains all the TW characteristics. Also, H3AD seeds works with the real genetics as well. Check it out.

TheApprentice likes this.
  4. hygrade

useless,argay,thats funny.it's a shame to see such obvious fuckery.and they dodge all questions thrown at them about there products or outright lie.oh well.i don't even think i'm going to get anymore of the church from them.i can get some mailed from here when i get set if i really want it,i gave all my vegging plants and cuttings to my buddy here.thinking i might send my cash kryptonite's way when i got the funds.

as far as meduser,do you really have to be a med user,like with a card or what?i've checked them out and they have some awesome sounding crosses and strains,i just didn't feel right about lying about an illness or problem to get sweet beans(bad juju).lots of folks that need them,i just want em. :) let me know about that,pm if need be.and thanks for the info on the real trainwreck,i edited it in.

mrastro,glad i could help,i think.i don't really want to discourage anyone from trying anything.someone better qualified may be able to get a sweet bud from it,could just be inexperience.you might like it,just know that everyone says it's not the real tw and it seemed to grow well but has no ass to it.oh well.thanks for checking out my report guys,hygrade

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

aye im hearing more and more bad shit about GHS sadly...

Enjoyed your rant/post,etc ,lol,useless...UBB got back from the dam and told me that he tried trainwreck in GHS and it was SHIT aswell as other strains compsared to other cafes they went to,iv grown big bang and thr church and they were good i also have the cheese but i wont be buying anymore from GHS after considering what useless just wrote...

I like the flying dutchman,his flagship strain i bough and grew was the pot of gold and its a great great strain,truly,i will never stop gowing it ever,there will always be one of them somewhere,lol,i like TFD seeds:thumbsup: Cheer for the insightful post useless:wink:Peace:jj:

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Hey Hygrade! Ass is what it's all about!!! :affro:

7. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

TrainWreck!

Yea UseLess and TA my good friends,lol, i Tried GH's TRAINWRECK and it was DAMNED good TBTH, But... It was No-where as good as the LAST time i remember trying it, it was way less potent, but lasted!

CAnt Say i see that ass ARJANs plans to Make any gene pool weaker,lol,But then again, thats just my opinion (Just dont think he's in it for that ANYMORE at all, he Just sees POUND/DOLLAR/EURO signs infront of Himself now, that theyve WON so many CUPS, the WHOLE KingofCannabis thing, has went right to his head,:suave: :laughing5: after getting all those visitors from all over, and all the CELEB's too, smoking up probably then - his STASH from the BACK (LMFAO) that they got, instead of HIS "SHOPS" FAKE ASS SHIT NOW, exept the WHOLE 4 strains i mentioned IMO, lol!!!):laughing5: :smokin: However, i have noticed the POTENCY scale on THEIR VERY OWN TRAINWRECK/ even the ARJANS FAVOURITE strain, in HIs Infamous ARJANS SILVER HAZE from their point/shop, wasnt as good either!:icon_confused: :smokin: (SMOKED IT ANYWAY....lmao):smokin:

IMO< the ONLY real thing theyve got going there, Is THEIR White Widow, and their AK47, which is FANTASTICALY POWERFULL Stuff! :wink:

But Trainwreck was a let-down iff i could say anything, oh yea, the ONLY other that seemed O.G , was the BB CHEESE at GHS. Thats about it, they were the ONLY 3 that were still PURE That i tried, sorry along with the LEMMON SKUNK, ONLY those 4, outta many many many strains of SUPPOSED HIGH POTENCY!!! (Shame on YOU arjan!!! :evil4: :stop: :icon_confused: :smokin: :laughing5: )

Peace n Nice inticing topic!

UBB...........:potleaf: UNTOUCHED, that should be a good name for a NEW COFFEE SHOP...hehe

P.S, THANK FUCK I PURCHASED MY CHEESE FEMALES WAYYYY BEFORE ALL THIS SELLING HALF THE COmpany. n ALL THAT HAPPENED,lol,

MINE STILL DOESNT SAY "SOUVENIR",:thumbsup: , like the OLDER PROPER ONES DID TOO, yeeaaaaaaa,lol..... :) ABOUT A YEAR AGO, I PURCHASED THAT CHEESE (FEMALE)AND STILL GOT 4 CHURCH LEFT TOO(FEMALE) ALL FROM GHS, FROM A YEAR AGO OR MORE! :wink: :thumbsup: :eusa_shifty: :)

8. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

great smoke report, great read, too bad it wasnt everything you hoped it would be.

what i am (obviously) getting from this is that greenhouse seeds trainwreck is balls.. but what im curious about is are other seed banks/other trainwreck seeds better, or is just a balls strain all around no matter where ya get it from?

i like the fact that even it wasnt good you still put the smoke report.. rep :mb:

hygrade likes this.
  9. hygrade

all i've heard about is great if you can get the real thing.ghs is just up to too much bs.business is business i guess,but stuff like this really does screw up the game.if noone told me any better i might be spreading around false cuts to people.imagine how may are cloning this shit and gifting it out as THE trainwreck.why would you doubt your good hearted buddy who just hooked you up?in time that could cause some problems as far as finding the real thing. arjan's making pretty pastel seeds that we can spend our money on now instead.thats what every grower really wants,beans that match their ascots.these guys are all about the duckets,don't really give 2 shits about the product,thats my honest opinion.anyway,thank you all for the replies and glad that nobody else here got took,hygrade

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

good hinest report,thanx man...

H/grade,thanks for a great report,it was great cos you were honest and didnt try make your strain out to be 'tha bomb'..kudos for that man,i was pondering getting this exact strain from same seedbank until recent stories,this just confirms it...but by the sound of it my mrs would love it cos i harvested some nirvana K2 early and she loved the kinda 'lightweight' stone,cheers for a decent and honest report!:potleaf:

11. Useless

TA - My word as a gentlemen, when I get to the UK I will make time for smoke and drink with you. You may have to hop a rail, but I will do my best to accomadate.

You folks ready for Useless uncensored? Ready or not, here it is.

Let me preface by saying, you who know me or of me, know of my passion for the plant. In regards to that, I want nothing more than to see the species thrive, and provide medicine or peace of mind to those that choose to utilize this gift from mother nature.

Now in regards to GHS, I say this. GHS has done nothing that contributes to the plant. At least not since since the break up of the original partners. (I wont discuss that here, as I have my beliefs about that too, but would cloud the discussion).

So lets do some real pros and cons, shall we?

Pro -

GHS has made cannabis seed available on a large scale.

Result - This is a great thing IMO, as it provides a supply to the demand. And the demand is overwhleming, whether it be from the newbie cabinet grower, the small scale clost grower, seasoned veteran grower that runs 2K for personal stash, the semi commercial guy that runs 6K, or the merchants that run 20K watts. Without seed, there is nothing.

Pro -

Anyone got anything else?

Con - GHS are not breeders.

Result - a flood in the marketplace of substandard seed.

Disagree? Name a single strain bred by GHS since Shanti. If you can name a strain, name the genetics behind it. Bet you can't. More to follow...

Con - GHS uses unknown genetics to create fem (S1 or R1) seed of supposed clone only strains.

Result - bogus genetics flooding the market. Just like my ex wife's fake Gucci and L. Vitton handbags she paid out the ass for, but was scoffed in Paris at the stores.

Disagree? Read any report of trainwreck (still get a laugh at their version), cheese or ssh. Let me break it down for you.

Trainwreck, as is shown in this thread, is not what is being offered by GHS. My guess is they got a fake clone or an outcross at best. There are more threads just like this showing up every day. I personally held reservatons until I smoked the 5 different phenos my friend grew from a pack. Nothing like real TW, with the exception of one pheno havin mild undertones of TW flavor. To me this means they used an outcross, selected for what they thought was trainwreck, and made S1/R1. Shame on GHS.

Con - Cheese is BB's cross, not the cut.

Result - same as above. An S1/R1 of UK Cheese clone, is far different from an S1/R1 of a Cheese x Afghani hybrid (BB's cheese in seed form). So all they did was take a female selection of BB's hybrid, and make S1/R1. The offspring are not CHeese, are not an S1 of cheese, but simply a fem'd hybrid. However, GHS did not note these types of things in the product descriptions. Perhaps to cash in on the name of the original clone? HMmmmmmm, lets look deeper into that, shall we?

Con - SSH has not been reproduced with the original parental stock, and can not be by GHS.

Result - GHS sold the thousands upon thousands of beans they had of the original F1 SSH berd by Shanti after he left. (sorry know I wasnt gonna go into to this, but needs to be just for clarification of this section.) IMO, GHS does not have the Parental stock to produce SSH. They might have f1 stock , which they are reproducing into f2 and selling as f1, or they take a female from the original SSH breeding and create an S1. This would explain the decrease in potency and effect since the changes were made.

Con - Well I could go on for days.

Church is a nickname for a clone only (?)haze in Manhatten NYC, and GHS raped the namesake to make $. TW as discussed. SSH. Soon to be Bubba Kush, and Chemdawg. Funny, not a single grower who has the Chemdawg lines from the man Chemdawg himself, recognized the Chemdawg GHS got a cup for in April. I know I can spot my strains...

Apothecary has provided the genetics for GHS "new" releases. Shame on them for selling out. At the same time, with GHS marketing power, and the coin that it could produce, I cant 100% blame them. Plus it ties into the Pro arguement for GHS on this post! But I can say, there are many capable (sp) BREEDERS that could work these genetics into something special.

I am too tired to get into the depletion and destruction of the gene pool GHS is producing. Maybe tomorrow.

Off rant for now. But I'll be back soon! heh heh heh...

The seed business is "seedy". Dont trust everything you here or read.

hygrade likes this.
  12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Useless I found your STS and S1 rants very amusing. Man those lazy fuckers could have atleast used pollen from the STS treated plants to cross with. Atleast it would be their own cross even if the lineage is complete bullshit! HAHAHAHAHA.

13. Useless

OK, where was I ? Rant back on -

Lemon Skunk, Franco can't seem to get it straight whether it is derived from the original Chitral, or a guy from Las Vegas. But notice female only? LMAO

Back to the Cheese - I asked Franco on ICMag if the cut they were using was the real clone or BB's. He said it was the real clone that BB gave him. Then on their own site, they state it is Cheese x Kush (the GHS site says "Kush of course! LOL capitalizing on a name again). Even BB doesnt have the balls to flat out lie and call it kush.

All the reports I have seen on the "Haze" lines they carry, have been horrible. People are refering to it as Argay's Ultra Hay #1-3. I have no experience with this strain, nor will I ever. I'm smart enough to take other peoples experiences and knowledge and utilize them to my advantage. Buds have looked great, but every report says little to no smell, and taste is that of dried hay. Potency is shiite as well.

Ultimately, GHS could do a great deal of good for MJ with their marketing capabilities, and of course the great amount of $ they have, since Arjon was born with a silver spoon. However, in the name of greed, they are doing irrepaiable harm to MJ and the cannabis gene pool. Its like the spread of disease. Arjon has herpes. He named it after some elite clone only disease (LMAO) and is selling it. Now, the first who buys it and spreads it around is infecting the rest of the gene pool with Arjons herpes, believing it to be a lip trip that brings good luck, because that is how Arjon marketed it. Never knowing until it was too late that he is infected with a disease that wont go away.

It is my opinion, that GHS does not know how to breed. The are not producing anything from seed stock, no new hybrids, and nothing that contains male genes. Why is this?

Here comes another breakdown -

When breeding, finding a male that produces the desired traights as expressive in the offspring in extremely difficult and time consuming. Finding a female is easy. Everyone knows what to look for in a female.

But combining two seperate lines, trying to combine certain traights from both parents is not easy. Testing of the offspring is a must, and if they dont turn out like you wanted, you have to start all over. Using sts or cs takes all of that out of the equation. In an IBL, you can get away with it to a certain extent. In hybrids, what you do is reduce the genetic base by 50%. An S1 of a hybrid is essentially an F2, genetically speaking. An S1 of an IBL or landrace should be fairly homozygous (sp). GHS seems to think an S1 will produce copies of the single parent, but this is not the case. Anyone who reads basic genetics like Mendel and his snow peas know this.

GHS hasn't bred anything worth a crap since Shanti left. Even looking at the genetics Shanti originally made, (GWS/Shark Shock, WW/BW, SSH) the GHS versions are subpar. They were the dogs bollocks at one time, but can not compare anymore. Their genetic base was declining due to lack of proper breeding. Selection is key to breeding, and I just dont think GHS has what it takes.

Lets look at the cannabis cups. In Nov of last year, GHS placed 3rd with SSH. But Shanti posted in his forum in October, that a large batch of SSH grown from his stock, was purchased via a broker for entry in the HTCC. So the SSH was not from GHS, nor was it grown by GHS.

The Cheese entry was the original clone, not the seed stock GHS is selling. Blatant misrepresentation of genetics here.

The ICMag 420 cup - No-one recognized the Chemdawg that won. Even the people who were judges and have the verified cut.

I find it rather dubious of GHS to not enter any of their new strains, or even any of their old strains that they themselves grew.

So to summarize this rant, GHS doesn't know shit about breeding. They are flooding the market with fake S1 seeds of known "elite" cuts, and releasing unstable untested genetics. They are misrepresenting genetics to win cannabis cups, because it sure helps marketing. They only do fem'd seeds, because they have no clue about male selection.

But they sure do have a kick ass marketing strategy. I mean, the self proclaimed "King of Cannabis", what a fucking joke. Can we say ego-maniac?

I would say Ben Dronkers, Sam the SKunk Man, Neville, Shantibaba and Eddie of TFD would be far more deserving of that title, rather than Arjon bestowing it upon himself. The people listed above have actually moved cannabis forward, producing and actually breeding strains, quite the opposite of GHS.

In other words, a big FUCK YOU to GHS and Co. I wish they would turn themselves around, because they really could do great things for cannabis, but it seems as though all they see are $ signs.

14. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Are we going to be tested on this? :roll:

15. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Right. But man you gotta hand it to useless when it comes to breeding/genetics/ or just lineage period dudes got his ducks in a row. I know I have a good understanding of genetics but If I were to start developing a new strain I would for sure have useless as my right hand man in the selection process. :smokin:

oh and about argay's "king of cannabis" yea I call BS on that one too useless. There are quite a few members on here that can grow just as good if not better. I'm pretty sure members like mr.gj, ab, useless, and smary could give these guys a run for their money if we could all run setups on a larger scale like them. Hell I've seen mr.gj's slight breeding experiments that turned out way better than GHS stuff. I would rather beable to pay for some big bubblicious than some knock off from GHS.

16. Useless

:lmao: AB.

Maybe in the next quiz. HAHAHAHA.

(Inside joke. I posted a quiz for a 10 pack of beans on another site, and I think it's a bit difficult since no one has gotten over 50% correct! :icon_confused: )

Aren't you in the lead right now AB?

Maybe some info from this thread will go in the next quiz. So you have an advantage AB. I won't tell. heh heh heh

17. Useless

Thanks for the kind words skunky. I am quite sure that I would put them under the table grow wise, and genetic wise. I am planning a trip over there, and will be sending some of my budder hash and the real OG Kush and Bubba Kush over to NL. Some for friends, some to toke out the dutch and show em what real weed is. I wonder how the GHS crew would react to me and oz of the Bubba or SFV. I have no doubts others here could do the same. The coffeeshop weed I have had was mostly mediocre, with a few samples that stood out, and a few that were just sub par. On the bright side, I know for a fact that elite clones are on the way to some dutch people who can actually do something with them. heh heh heh

18. hygrade

SHIT!!! i have herpes! and i paid for them!! this is some informative stuff useless.what can us little guys do to be responsible with our hobby and also contribute back to this gift of nature? and i really want to learn more about breeding,where should i start as i have basically dick for knowledge of genetics?i'm looking for mendel and snow peas right now:) .

19. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

No Doubt. Useless knows his stuff.

I'm not in the lead, I only got 35% If this info will be on the next one, I should be able to get it up to 40%. :)

20. Useless

LMAO! Like getting down with a Tiajuana hooker.

If you want to help, grow, make seeds, breed if possible. (Notice making seeds is different from breeding? ;) )

Preserve genetics. Save landraces by doing open air pollenation. Create IBL's for stable breeding if possible.

A lot of what "needs" to be done can done to help save the plant and preserve genetics can be done by the home grower. Some can't. I dont see many people with the ability to do lots of 1000's of plants in open field pollenation landrace projects. I also dont see many people (even current breeders {cough} as discussed) with the ability or determination it takes to actually breed a line to the desired traits. It takes a lot of work.

But do what you can. Even if you make a hundred seeds and pass them around, that helps. Plant seeds wild in the outdoors, with no expectations. Perhaps it grows, and self populates an area. Perhaps someone finds it. Either way you pass something on.

Here is a breeding tip for you. Something Sam the Skunkman and a few other breeders were discussing.

Always use the most stable genetics you have for the male.

It goes back to what I was saying earlier about selection, and the ease of choosing a female. Male selection is difficult, and if the male has variance, it will show in the offspring, making further selction for desired traits that much more difficult.

As for reading, Robert C. Clarke has some fantastic books on MJ botany. I would suggest starting there. They are old books, but the information is still valid, and is the basis for a lot of the understanding of cannabis genetics to this day.

Cheers

BTW - I know Skunky and Smarmy and a few others here know quite a bit about botany, and if they could chime in here and also if everyone likes, maybe the mods should put all the botonay related stuff in the last few posts in its own thread, so not to clutter up the smoke report? Would love to discuss this in further detail with other folks who are edjumacated in this area of cannabis, or plants in general.

Too funny AB!