Grow Cabnets

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, May 22, 2018.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Does anyone know a good website to get a good deal on a grow cabnet.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

lyingI Don't think they have any good deals on the ones I saw before

3. Justcheckingitout

Yeah, i think it might have to be a diy. I need a 6 flower spot and 6 veg spot. I figure I can do a clone dome next to the veg spot on a lower shelf or bottom 1/4 space of cab.

4. Justcheckingitout

Or I may go dwc and do two totes with two net pots in each for flower. That will give me more. Then I will only need 4 clone spot. I can take those from veg plants before they go into flower.

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Do you need a cabinet or a grow tent?

6. Justcheckingitout

I was going to go cabnet for more stealth. But I am finding out its way more cash. My drummer use to build self contained out door cabs for digital switching equipment. I could have him help me build a sweet one if I could get a shell of one.

The ones I see online are only like 2ft deep, that's not very deep. They show 6-8 plants in a two row config, but we all know two plants will out fill 2ft wide space in flower easy.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Check out Tupperware sheds-Bud

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

The 2' deep thing is related to arm length... Gardening becomes tedious if you can see it but can't reach it. Trying to get to the back of the canopy without manhandling the buds is difficult.

In addition to being expensive, they are heavy. Moving mine around took 4 people and a wagon, not a terrific thing for security. One of my four people brought his chick. She wanted to know why there was a cord coming out the back of the armoire that was being moved and why there were filters on each end. I explained that it kept the clothes fresh and she bought it.

My 2' x 4' cabinet is good for two plants.

9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Build one.

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

My old flower chamber was 2' x 4' Check. I flowered 8 plants in mine. One plant per square foot was the rule I used, but like with anything, you have to adjust your grow to fit your own needs/wants. That kind of space is not too bad if you are growing clones because you can flower them at a relatively small size. Growing from seed is more difficult of course but not impossible. Just requires more work to achieve. The trick is keeping them small and using rotation so that each part of the plant gets even light. The space I am using now is only 3' x 3' and 5 plants was what I could fit given the size pots I wanted to use. I could fit more plants if I used smaller pots and flower them at a smaller size but I was going for an even canopy trying to fill the entire footprint. All depends on how you want to do yours....I was testing this method to see how it does. I may adjust later, but it seems to be working. I'm shooting for a min. of 2oz's per plant which is what I was getting off the 430W I used in that 2' x 4' cabinet. With eight plants that was a pound coming out that small space....wasn't too bad really. I'm hoping I can pull at least 10oz's off this current grow of mine. With a 600W I think I'll hit my mark....I hope I can surpass it. Small spaces can produce quite well if you use them right.

[​IMG]

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

She wasn't too bright I see. :roll:

12. Justcheckingitout

I seen one at walmart today. They would work. but doors were kinda flimsy.

13. Justcheckingitout

Thats some good info, I should of thought about the wood box i got now I buit in garage, its 4ft deep and was a pain to get in and move and water stuff. I could make the cab stealthy with only ac going in or tap the inside house air thats a constant 78 deg. I had a neighbor years ago that seen my garage box when it was empty, he asked what it was. I told him it was to keeo prepper food up off the ground and away from humidity, he thought it was the greatest Idea. Glad he wasnt too smart to think garage heat is bad for food.

14. Justcheckingitout

Its prob going to be my best route, but I can alread hear my self cussing while building it. Either that or shell out the cash to buy one. I am thinking of calling company and seing if i can buy just the cab since i got lights, exaust fan, all that.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  15. Justcheckingitout

Thsts a cool set up. Its just like the double decker box i wanted to build in my garage. I built the one I got too big, 4×8×5ft tall. And I couldnt figure a way to do doors so used a tent tarp to put over it. Only good think was I can stack boxes on it and in front of it so its totally hiden.

Herb likes this.
  16. OldSmokey

That looks like a very clean set-up, Herb.

I overflowed the garden last time around, at 281 g., 45 days of veg. from rooted clones. 2 x 4 makes a nice hedge if I let it get away from me.
    [​IMG]

bigbudztoo and Herb like this.
  17. Justcheckingitout

Thats your 2x4 cab? You doing hydro?

18. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I loved that box. Designed it to be as efficient as it could possibly be. One fan ran the entire setup....veg and flower chambers. That one had the O3 generator for odor control too. I was pulling 12oz's out of it every two months Check. It worked so well I had to dial it back a bit so I could keep up. I built it to fit the closet in the room I rented out from my buddy. Sold it to him when I left and he then sold it to someone else. I can only hope it's still pumping out some fine herb today. I've since thought up plans for a rolling grow cabinet with a built in carbon scrubber but I just don't have room here. I must say my shower grow is working better than I expected but grow boxes are the shit. I'm sure you'll come up with a good plan. Just think it out....a little thought goes a long way.

Thank you sir. Mighty fine setup you have there yourself. Them flowers sure are purdy too!

19. OldSmokey

JCIO, that's me. It's an automated Hempy SCROG. (Technically, it's more of a Dutch bucket that's watered 3 times a day.) I had way too much trouble with the Hempy drains getting plugged up. The 400 micron filter bags that the plants grow in keeps the perlite from getting away, both down the drain and at the end of the grow. Here's a pic from the veg tent. It's not automated.
    [​IMG]

Thank you, Herb. The growth of those plants caught me by surprise. They wouldn't stop stretching.

20. Justcheckingitout

You guys are nice and clean....my stuff was shit everywhere. Lol. But atleast its all cleaned up now and I can start ftom new. I am exicted to get it going again. Should be in next two weeks I can get started back up. While seeds or clones are getting rooted I can get the cab going.

bigbudztoo, Herb and HeadCase like this.